Junior football - Debate

Beng24310

Agreed, the bounce of the ball is inconsistent and leads to it spinning off in all directions and it has been like that for a couple of years.

...when the Pace getting their plastic?

just waiting for someone in Norfolk wae a french dug to approve it

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which part of "no evidence" are you not getting? Diesel trucks and buses belch out toxins every minute of every day which you breath in.

You probably ingest stuff every day that you shouldn't.

Just because something might have traces of toxins in it, it doesn't necessarily follow that it will do you any harm.

Hence why, before you go shouting about 3G pitches causing all sort of health issues (becausebyou dont like them) you should wait for the evidence. To date, there is none.

The argument FOR 3G pitches goes way beyond the quality of the playing surface. It is about money, and generating income.

Public bodies like them as they can beat them to death with old fat guys in the morning, kids in the afternoon, adults in the evening, all paying.

Funders like Social Investment Scotland will stump up a major part of the £500K plus. But that is only available on the back of a business plan. That business plan must show how you intend to pay back their loan part and make the facility sustainable. Which of course includes replacing the playing surface after 10-12 years. In that case you need to generate at least £60K per year just to cover the depreciation to replacement. Add to that your maintenance costs. 

You only have to play on a 3G that has not been looked after properly or is past its sell by date and you will see what this means.

So yes, by all means discuss 3G as a playing surface, but by not including the running costs and charging rates, a major part of the decision is being ignored.

Can local kids then afford to play on it? Well now that is a story all of its own. 

just waiting for someone in Norfolk wae a french dug to approve it

Hope it cuts the mustard then.

If you look at some of the older players from the 1960's and 70's who hobble about now because their keens and ankles are knackered after playing on grass, I think the results in 20 or 30 years time will see a huge increase of such long term injuries later on in life of footballers. The injuries, stresses and strains of playing the game on plastic are already well known. It will, eventually, become a major issue if more and more clubs embrace it.

Petershill, as others have mentioned, used to have one of the best stadiums at our grade, with wonderful architecture. The current set up is absolute pish....meccano type stadium, sterile environment, and a truly awful pitch. I prefer going to Cumnock and Glenafton to there.

Toxins coming from the pitch, QL believing he can shout what he wants, chubby assistants, a week behind the play,that's before they do a study on the Pies.

Might take up the Bowls.

A 3g bowling green, now theres a thought.or a bowling blue,red, tangerine, any colour you like.pitch and putt,tennis court,putting purple!......the limits are endless.

P.s.an orange squash court!

You don't know that there isn't any evidence.

There is evidence that the pellets contain toxic chemicals.

There is no smoke without fire.

The pellets are life threatening as you say. My wife has threatened to kill me next time I come in from a game and trample them into the carpet.

Well apparently the clubs nominated linesman has to be upto a certain fitness standard, and attend a course/fitness test!

This I believe is a request from the Referees Association. How true this is I don't know (I heard it long before 1st April!), just wanted to find out if anyone else had heard this?

Could be problematic for a lot of clubs, I can see subs becoming linesmen....

What a load of pish!!!! You've surpassed yourself there Burnie.

Why would a club linesman need to be physically fit?

Instructions from ref - "Put the flag straight up in the air if the ball crosses the line. I'll decide who's shy it is."

That's all a club linesman needs to do. No offside decisions, no getting involved with on-field matters, no penalty decisions to make, no bye-kick or corner decisions , nought else, just put the flag up when the ball crosses the shy line. 90% of the time the ref won't even look towards the flag as it's usually clearly out anyway.

So why does he need to run up and down the touchline?

All he needs to do is take up a position where he can see from one corner flag to the other on his side.

Back on topic, I like scottish non league rather than juniors. West prem should be 16 teams with clubs having floodlights for midweek games during the better weather, winter break mid December to start of Feb. The floodlights on for midweek games would be great for the game imo.

We could have played at home the last few midweeks if we had floodlights so would be all for that. Just need to find a spare £50 grand[/quot

Once there installed, over time they,ll pay for themselves when you get the 3G installed at the vale lol

Back on topic, I like scottish non league rather than juniors. West prem should be 16 teams with clubs having floodlights for midweek games during the better weather, winter break mid December to start of Feb. The floodlights on for midweek games would be great for the game imo.

Cheers for that Kenny but am happy to keep the Juniors name tag.

Back on topic, I like scottish non league rather than juniors.

Kenny, my problem with calling it non-league is that, just like the name juniors does not describe the product, neither does non-league. We all know what non-league is but the juniors IS a league (specifically 3 regions of leagues). Non-league is surely an out of date term that should be binned along with juniors?

We could have played at home the last few midweeks if we had floodlights so would be all for that. Just need to find a spare £50 grand[/quot

Once there installed, over time they,ll pay for themselves when you get the 3G installed at the vale lol

Hell will freeze over 1st

Kenny, my problem with calling it non-league is that, just like the name juniors does not describe the product, neither does non-league. We all know what non-league is but the juniors IS a league (specifically 3 regions of leagues). Non-league is surely an out of date term that should be binned along with juniors?

what about calling the set up the nearly men or the journey men leagues?

I'd prefer the term "Regional" or "Semi-Pro."

Non league doesn't really mean anything.

Mention "the juniors" to most people and they still think of it as described by P&B's welcome description - 15 man brawls, terrible pitches, red cards galore and poor players.

I'd prefer the term "Regional" or "Semi-Pro."

Non league doesn't really mean anything.

Mention "the juniors" to most people and they still think of it as described by P&B's welcome description - 15 man brawls, terrible pitches, red cards galore and poor players.

Regional Leagues seems to be what they are called in Germany.  IN USA you get the Minor Leagues.  Regional League would sound better.  The Camelon Regionals.

What a load of pish!!!! You've surpassed yourself there Burnie.

Why would a club linesman need to be physically fit?

Instructions from ref - "Put the flag straight up in the air if the ball crosses the line. I'll decide who's shy it is."

That's all a club linesman needs to do. No offside decisions, no getting involved with on-field matters, no penalty decisions to make, no bye-kick or corner decisions , nought else, just put the flag up when the ball crosses the shy line. 90% of the time the ref won't even look towards the flag as it's usually clearly out anyway.

So why does he need to run up and down the touchline?

All he needs to do is take up a position where he can see from one corner flag to the other on his side.

Don't ask me, that's what I'm trying to find out. Could be a whole lot of pish for all I know.  Seems daft to me.

Join the pyramid 

Get rid of the juniors title - join the pyramid and the names of the leagues as they are would be fine (so you'd have the Lowland League, West Super League etc) 

A proper fixture list - this really isn't difficult. 

Get rid of some of the regional cups 

Floodlights and plastic pitches - would make such a difference in terms of being able to fulfil fixtures. 

Join the pyramid

Get rid of the juniors title - join the pyramid and the names of the leagues as they are would be fine (so you'd have the Lowland League, West Super League etc)

A proper fixture list - this really isn't difficult.

Get rid of some of the regional cups

Floodlights and plastic pitches - would make such a difference in terms of being able to fulfil fixtures.

Brilliant idea where do we send our funding applications to?

Archived