Partick Thistle v Dundee United, April 5th (Tuesday), K/O 19:45

A game of two halves, as the shitey cliche says. United should have been out of sight at HT, but thanks to some terrible finishing and Tomas fucking Cerny, we were still in it.

Enter Dumbuya and it was never in doubt. Sexy b*****d.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game pretty much epitomises why we're in the shit.....boss the first half and don't take out chances then revert to lumping high balls in the second despite Ofere sitting on the bench until the last 10 minutes. Meanwhile murray can't get a look in despite dow not actually touching the ball in the second half.

If we manage to get anything out of this season it is despite the efforts of the baldy oaf in the dugout. We could win the cup and he should still be out a job come June 1st.

Defence was a disaster in that first half and things tightened up hugely when Millar moved into central defence.

Not denying that I've ever been hugely confident about Archibald's substitutions but bringing on Pogba for the injured Fraser was brave if nothing else. Thought we were in danger of being overrun in the middle until the entire game turned with the introduction of Dumbaya's pace.

Dundee United were far from the worst team we've played this season and were unrecognizable from the team who chucked it on their last visit.

I think they may yet manage to escape bottom place

United were great in the first half but the game went almost exactly the same way as the Motherwell Fir Park "2-1 defeat. Lumping balls up the park for McKay to run onto becomes too predictable. Demel did well to break up play but was obviously not fit enough and should have come off earlier. Dow disappeared in the second half when he should have been pushed further up front.

Noticed the Thistle Directors were seated in the middle of 2000 United supporters. Are there no hospitality boxes at the other Stand? Must be embarrassing for them sometimes.

United were great in the first half but the game went almost exactly the same way as the Motherwell Fir Park "2-1 defeat. Lumping balls up the park for McKay to run onto becomes too predictable. Demel did well to break up play but was obviously not fit enough and should have come off earlier. Dow disappeared in the second half when he should have been pushed further up front.

Noticed the Thistle Directors were seated in the middle of 2000 United supporters. Are there no hospitality boxes at the other Stand? Must be embarrassing for them sometimes.

Not tonight though, eh?

The first half was the worst I've seen us play since Dundee scudded three past us in under twenty minutes. United are an absolute shower though and deserve to go down, we raised our game in the second half while they couldn't.

The rat and the fat have done a total job on them.

Mixu's interview with Chick Young on Sportsound is worth listening to. He's Scotland's angriest Finn by miles and miles.  None of what happened is his fault and he labours under the misapprehension that United play a passing game.  Maybe that's what he sees in his head when he's not shouting at the fourth official and actually looks at the pitch.

The team that finished has to start next week. Dumbaya makes such a difference to us and Miller beside Seaborne gives our CB's a bit more pace. Only downfall with Miller at CB means I can't shout about having a big fucking Belgian.

Fraser is kinda crocked and not offering much in games, I'd have Edwards ahead of him for his energy alone.

Utd need to find a clinical stri... Oh ye I don't care, f**k'em

United should have had us utterly battered by half time but for Cerny's excellent performance.

The second half they completely collapsed and allowed us to take the whip hand and control the game, part of the reason we've been able to get out of bother this season has been a sense of togetherness and above all else, effort.

United showed next to no effort in the second half and were utterly spineless, gutless and cowardly in how they went about things.

No team deserves to stay up if they don't apply themselves.

Archived