Berwick v Clyde

The Clyde team has been so inconsistent this season which is where the frustration and widely different opinions on the team and Barry are coming from.

We have looked like league winners in some games and utterly shite in other games. We keep putting wee runs together where we will win most of our games and then lose 3 or 4 in a row. This is our 3rd bad run of the season after two decent runs, the most recent of which got us up to second despite playing Sat , Tue for weeks on end.

oh give them a break they are tired :)

Annan played the same amount of games over the same period and loom at there results

problem is too many apologists yes we have had some cracking games but when we got to the business end it's either bottle or they simply don't give a s***

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sick and tired of the aimless punts up the park, the unwillingness of midfielders to run beyond the strikers, the unwillingness to hit the byline and cross and Gormley always facing his own goal wrestling the defender then falling over.

The defence was all over the place today too.

I'm sorry to rip the team apart but when we sign players from the leagues above, I expect them to be better "footballers" , not kick and rush (without the rush)

How's that "biggest and strongest team will win the league" approach working for you? There's absolutely no point in making big signings like Gemmell and then simply hoofing the ball up to him as you're just wasting his main assets of getting on the end of crosses from the byeline, or receiving short range passes at the edge of the penalty area with supporting players just off him.

Whilst being acutely aware that we could easily lose our last three games (Elgin away, Clyde at home and Annan away) current form suggests that Elgin are struggling right now, so I still think you'll make the play-offs, and any one of you who says that back in October you wouldn't have bitten my hand off for that outcome is either deluded or a liar.

The strategy required for two-leg play-offs are a completely different ball game to that of normal league games (as we've naively found out to our cost in recent seasons) and if you do get there then I think the experience that Ferguson and your senior players have of that environment gives you a slight advantage over the rest of us.

However this crazy season ends, all I ask is that it's not a Clyde v QP final................that would just be too intense!

Just like to thank the Berwick team for handing us a great chance to win the league when we visit Cldye next week......Well done Berwick and Clyde fans I hope you at least put up a fight next week. Mon the Fife!!!!

I'm sure a few of the Clyde fans are more than capable of putting up a fight next week. The team are another matter altogether.

How's that "biggest and strongest team will win the league" approach working for you? There's absolutely no point in making big signings like Gemmell and then simply hoofing the ball up to him as you're just wasting his main assets of getting on the end of crosses from the byeline, or receiving short range passes at the edge of the penalty area with supporting players just off him.

Sadly big Gemmell hasn't really been able to get a run of games for us since he tweaked his thigh up at Arbroath, and I believe he was on holiday today, but I agree with this. It does get frustrating to see us hoof balls up to David Gormley with no plan B. Against Berwick at Broadwood, Chris Smith drove into space, crossed the ball in from deep and Gemmell beat the keeper with a header. Since then, when he's played, he's had absolutely no service into him like that and is instead often just used as another battering ram.

I think the loss of Scott Ferguson has hurt us badly. He gave us a natural outball, would run at defenders and cross the ball in but since his injury, the team has been far too slow and static, in my opinion. I'd hope that for next season we manage to add some more movement and pace to the team. Obviously, there are other factors, and it's up to Barry and the team to adapt accordingly but I think Fergie's been a big loss for us.

Fantastis result! Thought Johnny and Crane were superb throughout. Also, big blair has taken a lot of stick but has really knuckled down and shown his worth, he is on fire. Positive signs for next year perhaps. Who do we tie down for next year is the next question?

Was also surprised to see McNeil not playing but perhaps that was due to his proposed pre contract with Clyde? However thought Beveridge slotted in and done well also. Very pleased fan tonight

Whilst being acutely aware that we could easily lose our last three games (Elgin away, Clyde at home and Annan away) current form suggests that Elgin are struggling right now, so I still think you'll make the play-offs, and any one of you who says that back in October you wouldn't have bitten my hand off for that outcome is either deluded or a liar.

The strategy required for two-leg play-offs are a completely different ball game to that of normal league games (as we've naively found out to our cost in recent seasons) and if you do get there then I think the experience that Ferguson and your senior players have of that environment gives you a slight advantage over the rest of us.

However this crazy season ends, all I ask is that it's not a Clyde v QP final................that would just be too intense!

why don't you worry about your parasitic club living off Scottish football

like to comment on the state of the pitch ?oh it's the stadium company nothing to do with us

let's hope the SFA ditch the dump that is hampden and make you stand on your on two feet

like to comment on the state of the pitch ?oh it's the stadium company nothing to do with us

let's hope the SFA ditch the dump that is hampden and make you stand on your on two feet

enormous genitals to you 

SEETHING. 

SEETHING.

no just stating facts

you will notice I don't go on to the the amateur teams threads but if they are obsessed enough to come on Clyde threads then I like to respond :)

no response to the pitch debate /parasite ?

Looks like big timers Clyde don't have the bottle.

possibly but at some point we will get out of this league

you go back to reading paper cuttings of beating rangers ha ha

you clubs only achievement :)

No point debating any issues when the individual concerned has no grasp of the facts

yeah the old amateurs of Queens Park go quiete as soon as money is mentioned :)

parasites and they know it

Archived