Most over rated actor.

Eckieboy

Nonsense. In the right role, he's tremendous - Se7en, Jesse James, etc.

On the other hand Reeves is wooden as hell.

Others I think are dreadful:

Danny Dyer

Kate O'Mara (but she's quite attractive so it's all okay in the end)

Robert De Niro most of the time

Al Pacino when he over-acts

David Caruso - but going from his social media, he kind of knows it and doesn't take himself too seriously, so he's okay by me.

Agree with Dyer his acting skills are somewhat wooden.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nonsense. In the right role, he's tremendous - Se7en, Jesse James, etc.

On the other hand Reeves is wooden as hell.

Others I think are dreadful:

Danny Dyer

Kate O'Mara (but she's quite attractive so it's all okay in the end)

Robert De Niro most of the time

Al Pacino when he over-acts

David Caruso - but going from his social media, he kind of knows it and doesn't take himself too seriously, so he's okay by me.

Being dead for two years might be somewhat hampering her acting skills. Whatever floats your boat and finds your remote, though.

Can't believe some folk still don't rate Brad Pitt and lumping him in with Arnie and Stallone is bonkers!

Might be because he's a good looking dude - I will say, though, that Pitt is terrible in that Friends episode he's in - I'm not convinced he's that great in Se7en, although it's a great film.

I think Tom Cruise also suffers from 'pretty boy' syndrome, and because he's a crazy scientologist - Cruise is a great actor.

Will Smith

Jeremy Renner

Brilliant in the Hurt Locker.

Even shit actors can be brilliant in some cases. See schwarzenneger in terminator and terminator 2. Or Brad Pitt in seven. Or Stallone as rocky/Rambo.

It's when these actors are cast in different genres or something that requires them to "step out of their comfort zone" that shows how bad they are.

Edit to add: I don't even think any of them are overrated TBH. It's a tough question as I would say the majority of people can see how good/bad actors are.

May i suggest you watch Copland in which Stallone is excellent.

As other posters have pointed out Pitt, Cruise and Depp seem to be pigeon holed as pretty boy airheads when, in fact all three are fine actors although that Scientology shit TC is into does give people a reason to mock him.

The episode of Friends that Pitt appeared in he was quite delibarately over acting/hamming it up for comedic purposes and did a decent job of it, not too disimilar to his outrageously loud Lt Aldo Raine in Inglorious Basterds, he has also played great roles in films such as Sleepers, Fury, Interview With The Vampire, Se7en, Twelve Monkeys etc

Interesting fact about Tom Cruise you may not know, he and Madonna were the production companies choice to play Henry and Karen Hill in Goodfellas, Scorcese vetoed them in the end for Ray Liotta and Lorraine Bracco not long before filming commenced

John Travolta is an horrific actor. Probably, IMO, the worst A-lister there has ever been as I can only think of one decent performance and that was Pulp Fiction where he was directed within an inch of his life.

Look who's talking was class though.

Idris Elba. Luther is just horrifically overacted.

He's sensational in the Wire. An absolute standout in what is generally a brilliantly performed series. Luther's not a great series, but I don't see him overacting much, rather responding to pretty ropey direction.

John Travolta is an horrific actor. Probably, IMO, the worst A-lister there has ever been as I can only think of one decent performance and that was Pulp Fiction where he was directed within an inch of his life.

I'm not being wide, but how would you know how much direction Travolta received?

Archived