Most over rated actor.

Eckieboy

Might be controversial here but I'm going with Mark Rylance.

Overplays every part almost like he is trying to imitate how Kevin Spacey would play each the role, but without any of the subtlety.

Plus he insists on using weird accents.

He's so bad in The Gunman I surprised he wasn't considered for a part in thon OJ Simpson thing that has been bothering BBC2's schedule recently.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rylance got rave reviews in Wolf Hall, but that seemed to be down to the director focusing on his blank stares for minutes at a time rather than him doing anything remarkable.

I reckon Leo DiCaprio is overrated. He's not a bad actor, but, for example, his Gatsby and Howard Hughes were dull as hell.

Also, I've actually seen people rave about Steve McFadden - big Phil from Eastenders. He's not a great actor. He simply plays the same drunken thug he's played for decades (in various things). Ditto mumbly, shuffly Jake "Max Branning" Wood. Soap stars are rarely great actors, and these boys are no exception.

Also, I've actually seen people rave about Steve McFadden - big Phil from Eastenders. He's not a great actor. He simply plays the same drunken thug he's played for decades (in various things). Ditto mumbly, shuffly Jake "Max Branning" Wood. Soap stars are rarely great actors, and these boys are no exception.

Don't talk shit, mate. Steve McFadden is a tremendous performer and brings so much to the role. If you think he's just a "drunken thug" then you haven't been watching the show enough to offer a considered opinion.

I also disagree with your comments that "soap stars are rarely great actors" - EastEnders and Coronation Street, to name but two, are two of the most-watched TV shows in the country and being a good performer is a prerequisite. Yes, there are some horrendous soap actors (the entire cast of Hollyoaks) but soap stars are generally very fine at their craft.

Francesc Fabregas, on 02 Apr 2016 - 21:04, said:

Don't talk shit, mate. Steve McFadden is a tremendous performer and brings so much to the role. If you think he's just a "drunken thug" then you haven't been watching the show enough to offer a considered opinion.

I also disagree with your comments that "soap stars are rarely great actors" - EastEnders and Coronation Street, to name but two, are two of the most-watched TV shows in the country and being a good performer is a prerequisite. Yes, there are some horrendous soap actors (the entire cast of Hollyoaks) but soap stars are generally very fine at their craft.

Where does 'Sharon' in Eastenders fall?

Archived