Today's scores & talking points

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nostalgia though. People always think that the players and teams of the past are better than what we have presently. They gloss over the bad performances in favour of the good times and memorable results.

There may have been some fantastic players in the Juniors in decades gone by, but now nutrition, equipment, pitch standards, fitness and training has never been better.

It's all about opinions. IMO The current Talbot team are not the same as previous seasons. The current Pollok team is nowhere near the Pollok side of Aitchison, Dingwall etc. And are u serious about nutrition and equipment? As for pitches, Newlandsfield used to be an absolute bowling green! Medda too. Talbot is the best surface by a country mile nowhere else sticks out for me.

It's all about opinions. IMO The current Talbot team are not the same as previous seasons. The current Pollok team is nowhere near the Pollok side of Aitchison, Dingwall etc. And are u serious about nutrition and equipment? As for pitches, Newlandsfield used to be an absolute bowling green! Medda too. Talbot is the best surface by a country mile nowhere else sticks out for me.

This argument is the same as saying great players of the past would automatically be greats today. The game has evolved, as has the training and the money involved has increased. As I said before - people look on past teams and remember the good times and not the bad.

Talbot's present team may not be as good as the one from 3 seasons ago, but when you win the Scottish Cup and don't lose a league match then you can only go downhill from there. I'm sure their manager has a better idea of what he is doing than I do.

Archived