Reinstatement raises head AGAIN.

superbigal

Seems mostly the North teams that continue to fall foul of the reinstatement rule.

FC Stoneywood have been deducted four points after the Scottish Junior FA dismissed the clubs appeal at Hampden Park last night.

The North Region Junior FA had deducted the points following FC Stoneywood fielding an ineligible player during their goal-less draw with Hall Russell in the McBookie.com Superleague fixture at Clark Commercial Park in February.

Hall Russell had claimed the points after it emerged that goalkeeper Michal Glowowski had not been reinstated to Junior football.

Its an amazingly stupid rule that passes without question every AGM. How can 160 committees not question it?

Because they won't vote against the SJFA who wish to retain it. Having to pay for a player to move from senior to junior is money for nothing for them and at same time keeps the juniors unique from rest of Scottish fitba.

As for as I'm aware a proposal will need to be lodged and to allow it to discussed at a.g.m income lost would probably need to raised by putting up annual fees or disciplinary. Charges increased

Good to hear. The loss of re-instatement fees amounts to around £15k annually. The SJFA's bank balance is well into six figures.

They do not need to replace this revenue, they can absorb the loss easily enough, leave the money with the clubs.

If there is any hint that the £15k gap needs to be filled then any proposal to get rid will be voted down.

I suspect the majority - not all - of reinstatement requests involve clubs nearer the top end of the grade. If that's the case then the clubs further down who rarely reinstate a player will not want to be saddled with an increase in fees to resolve a problem they don't have all that frequently.

Or is my assumption bollocks?

If the assumption isn't bollocks then I'd propose scrapping reinstatement fees but putting the bulk of any increased subscription charges on the clubs in the top tiers with a scaled increase as you go down the leagues.

If there were an option, I'd also fill the gap by applying an automatic charge of £10 on a club every time one of their players or mgt team members was booked for dissent. In fact I'd propose that either way!

Thing is though, the financial gap doesn't need to be filled, at least not in the short term. The SJFA aren't anywhere close to being skint, quite the opposite.

I agree though that they might play on the fact the gap needs plugged with the associated negative spin in the hope that delegates would vote it down and we carry on as we are.

The problem is the books might show a good amount in the credit column.but that they have over the 2 years or so lost probably the biggest sponsorship in their history with Emirates en ding their support of our association coupled with selling the premises at St Vincent Crescent for a lower price than anticipated and ongoing costs of running office at Hampden Park plus 2 years ago all clubs received 1000 pounds which I'm doubtful could be affordable again

The problem is the books might show a good amount in the credit column.but that they have over the 2 years or so lost probably the biggest sponsorship in their history with Emirates en ding their support of our association coupled with selling the premises at St Vincent Crescent for a lower price than anticipated and ongoing costs of running office at Hampden Park plus 2 years ago all clubs received 1000 pounds which I'm doubtful could be affordable again

As at 31st March 2015, the SJFA had £529,606 in net assets.

Re-instatements income was £14,573 over the previous 12 months.

I'm sure they wont notice a 2.7% drop in income too much, particularly when it's the right thing to do.

If there is any hint that the £15k gap needs to be filled then any proposal to get rid will be voted down.

I suspect the majority - not all - of reinstatement requests involve clubs nearer the top end of the grade. If that's the case then the clubs further down who rarely reinstate a player will not want to be saddled with an increase in fees to resolve a problem they don't have all that frequently.

Or is my assumption bollocks?

If the assumption isn't bollocks then I'd propose scrapping reinstatement fees but putting the bulk of any increased subscription charges on the clubs in the top tiers with a scaled increase as you go down the leagues.

If there were an option, I'd also fill the gap by applying an automatic charge of £10 on a club every time one of their players or mgt team members was booked for dissent. In fact I'd propose that either way!

kelty would be oot the game

As at 31st March 2015, the SJFA had £529,606 in net assets.

Re-instatements income was £14,573 over the previous 12 months.

I'm sure they wont notice a 2.7% drop in income too much, particularly when it's the right thing to do.

Does net assets include valued property rather than cash at hand?

Bit confused about reinstatement. Heard that senior clubs can walk in and sign a junior without giving them compensation. They do not have to pay the SFA any fee. Then if the player goes back junior they can demand a fee from the junior club. Is this in any way true.

If the SJFA have a six figure bank book, how on earth do they demand this £40 from struggling juniors many who are giving the ex-seniors a chance to play with little or no wage.  Time clubs got organised and threw out this disgraceful reinstatement law.

Heard that senior clubs can walk in and sign a junior without giving them compensation. They do not have to pay the SFA any fee. Then if the player goes back junior they can demand a fee from the junior club. Is this in any way true.

Doubtful

Unless the player is u23 then fees will only be applicable if you are need the player to break from his current contract so they can move to your club.

Archived