Public Transport Etiquette

Romeo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why not just ask the people playing music to stop? thats what id do? saying that I just dont use public transport.

Because it's just a bus or a train journey. It's not worth getting in an altercation over. Personally speaking I have two modes: 1. Silently stew and tolerate annoying behaviour 2. Aggressively confront. I missed out on the social worker gene that would allow me to try and reason with absolute dings.

The police are actually part of the problem. If the altercation did turn violent then they would probably lift the person who confronted the person. This could lead to the person having problems with their employer over a criminal charge. The police are a lot like football referees in that sense; they let the original offender away with a yellow card and red card the person who had naturally retaliated.

In summary, better to just sit and stew and hope that your stop comes along as quickly as possible. The dings of the world will always be there. Best to just leave them to it.

10- Doing a shite on the platform (this was an isolated incident to be fair.

Once seen a shit in a butter dish half way down the stairs to the low level trains in Glasgow central.

I can't really add any other comment to that as it still astounds me to this day.

No idea what happened with my above post - speaking of orange order morons though I saw something on Facebook that was shared by a Sevco supporters group that was a note left by the workers of the subway asking that the supporters didn't jump about (or do the bouncy) during journeys as it will cause damage to the train/ line. This courteous note had the caption "best supports in the world" and was followed by posts of "lol watp" and shared by tragic middle aged losers.

As if spreading sectarian hatred and bigotry isn't enough, they are now bragging about causing disharmony and possible damage to public transport facilities. Absolute scum!

If anyone can find the photo then I would like to see it, couldn't find it anywhere.

If you've got nothing better to do in your life other than sit on a bus/train during the day, getting jaked on your own, please just sit in peace and quiet and leave other people alone.

If you're on a bus, make your way to the 'wideo seat' - the back seats of the upper deck and stay there.

Thanks.

When coming back from London on the afore mentioned trip the train was empty and you could easily have had 2 or 4 seats to yourself. I sat in the 4 around the table and spread my stuff out. I just assumed no-one would sit next to me.

Ex SFA Chairman, Rangers director and all round dickhead Gordon Smith came and sat right in front of me.

You should have asked him about his sitter in the FA Cup final for Brighton. He really appreciates that.

Good man - we would all ideally rather be sat alone but if you need a seat then you need a seat and people should oblige and not be arseholes.

I always find getting on a train when going on a long journey quite stressful, usually worry about there being too many people squashed in and not being able to get to the toilet or threat about walking in on people when going to the toilet.

Do you worry about the lavvy door opening as you are midshite?

I'm on a quiet coach which isn't, er, quiet. A couple of old duffers have sat down and haven't stopped rambling on about fucking restaurants in Stonehaven.

Most of mine mentioned here already.

Putting your bag on the seat beside you when it's a really busy train.

Not letting people off the train before you storm on.

People who refuse to move even a little bit when you need to get past.

Loud phone conversations.

Litter.

Do you worry about the lavvy door opening as you are midshite?

Yes - I also worry about walking in on someone mid shite.

It's stressful getting on train when you have suit cases and it's busy, struggled to find somewhere to put mine today and had to stuff one of them up top for a while and was worried it would fall down and hit someone!

Also there was someone on our seat, our tickets clearly stated it was our seat but the woman was such an absolute boot about it and took such a long time to leave which resulted in much congestion. Such a stressful business.

Yes - I also worry about walking in on someone mid shite.

It's stressful getting on train when you have suit cases and it's busy, struggled to find somewhere to put mine today and had to stuff one of them up top for a while and was worried it would fall down and hit someone!

Also there was someone on our seat, our tickets clearly stated it was our seat but the woman was such an absolute boot about it and took such a long time to leave which resulted in much congestion. Such a stressful business.

It's never opened when I've been in. But I did forget to close the curtain in Slaters the other week when I was trying on suit trousers. Fortunately only one woman was there. She didn't even laugh, but the look of pity in her eyes will stay with me for a long time.

Was on the airport link in Bangkok a few weeks ago. Guy sat next to me. 2 suitcases and a bit Araby looking. All good until he slipped his  arm over my chair and started farting, not once but several times.

I told him to get a grip, before he got off at the station before BKK. What a relief went round the  carriage.

A few breaches of agreed etiquette in this case IMO

http://www.courtnewsuk.co.uk/?news_id=44050

1. What a way to shame a cracking name: Devadas Ronald-Uthayakumar

2. Why didn't the victims shout "You disgusting beast, put it away!" to alert the other passengers instead of trying to film his cock?

Archived