April fools day

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I text my mum last year that I'd been chucked off my uni course for poor attendance last year. I sent it first thing in the morning but the ditsy cow didn't take her phone to work, so I got a rather panicked and seething maw on the phone at half 5 in the afternoon. Given the utterly banterous nature of the prank, I'd forgotten all about it.

Generally speaking, April Fools day is shit. It's slowly turned into a day where companies and news outlets try to (and often succeed) trick the fucking idiots of the general public. I see Arsenal have done a sponsored prank this year with Citreon; a 2 minute video explaining a new "sunroof" they're putting into the Emirates. Tragic.

Favourite one that I can remember was Cowdenbeath announcing the signing of Swedish sensation Olaf Lapri.  Fairly sure it made it into a couple of papers over the following days.

Best one I heard today was to do with the new Aberdeen bypass.  Once it's finished they will rename the city road Lang Stracht as the Langer Stracht.  People phoning in to the radio saying that they will always call it the Lang Stracht :lol:

I leave for my new role within the same company on April 29th.

In my current role the team and our SDM have a daily call at 10 to discuss any issues/have a general catch up, you know the kind of thing.

My plan was to tell him today that I'm moving on, to make it look like an April Fool.  But the calls been fucking cancelled today! So I'm going to have to tell him on Monday instead now.

^ ^ ^ seething mess.

Archived