Wage cut turned down by Meadow players

TheMeddaPie

The only ones that deserve sympathy are the supporters . The players will get paid & will get other clubs next season . The committee are part responsible for the madness even this season as they gave Stevie & Murdie Carte Blanche to do as they wished & then let Davie bring in another 2 players despite knowing the situation The only innocents are the fans who pay their cash every week & at functions & are now being asked to bail the club out . Hopefully for them & them alone Meadow get through this .

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only ones that deserve sympathy are the supporters . The players will get paid & will get other clubs next season . The committee are part responsible for the madness even this season as they gave Stevie & Murdie Carte Blanche to do as they wished & then let Davie bring in another 2 players despite knowing the situation The only innocents are the fans who pay their cash every week & at functions & are now being asked to bail the club out . Hopefully for them & them alone Meadow get through this .

Strachan and Barr signed before Davie Greig took over. Have they signed anyone else since?

Strachan and Barr signed before Davie Greig took over. Have they signed anyone else since?

Apologies . Thought Davie brought them in . Just Rucheitkwuz or whatever his name was but he was part of the staff

Just had a look . Davie became manager early January & Strachan signed late January so would say Davie signed him . No sure about Barr though

Bit in the players statement that suprised me was them refusing to move training location.

Since when does a player get any say ?

Certainly shouldnt.

Get paid you do what your told.

Contracts I seen at other clubs are very strict and certainly dont give players much in way of decision making.

Bit in the players statement that surprised me was them refusing to move training location.

Since when does a player get any say ?

Certainly shouldn't.

Get paid you do what your told.

Contracts I seen at other clubs are very strict and certainly don't give players much in way of decision making.

I would imagine the training location may have influenced some of their decision to sign. If they were offered slightly more at another club but were told Meadow training sessions were in Glasgow that may have tipped the decision.

The people involved at meadow behind the scenes ie. Chairman and committee must know the main reasons for the debt. Why was the club allowed to run season after season loosing too much money. Someone must know. Only when the people responsible admit to their shortcomings will anything change. Let's remember that there probably isn't a queue of volunteers waiting to sign up for a series of cost cutting and fundraising measures.

The supporters have been given detailed reasons at two recent supporters meetings about the history of the debt. At the end of the season Meadow will likely have 4 committee members according to a recent meeting so unless supporters join will be hard to keep going with long standing & important committee leaving, probably partly due to stress of recent years of keeping Meadow afloat.

Meadow will struggle to run the club with so few committee and fans are hardly going to want to join with constant bad mouthing Meadow committee on here who put thousands of pounds into the club to keep us going so far. So although some 'Junior' fans do care about Meadow and interested in what happens some of your comments will be putting off guys who may want to help Meadow out and get involved in important decisions the club will have to make in the near future!

It would have been a nice gesture that players who could afford it that are in comfortable full time jobs and are financially okay accepting £8-12 per week wage cut. I understand that maybe a few players struggle financially then fine give them full wage plus perhaps bonus for players who took wage cut if keep Meadow up and/or win silverware.

Feel really sorry for Davie Greig and Kevin Rutkiewicz for inheriting this mess and I am sure when sorted at end of season they can get a team of players that will fight and win together. Also a disciplined team that doesn't get a red card in almost every game for daftness!

"I know of at least a handful of team mates who actually rely on the money to pay towards their monthly rent. In addition the players pointed out at the meeting that the resignation of two players in January (Jamie Darroch and Mark Twaddle) would have saved the club around the same amount as the requested 10% wage cut and yet the club allowed the signing of 2 additional players since then?"

Quote from Maxi.

2 months ago, i quoted the exact same and was lambasted from pillar to post on here, in addition to an official complaint made.

good luck Maxi and the boys at Medda, hope things work out for you lads as best can,

someone eluded to it earlier, only people to feel sorry for here are the Medda fans.

Good Luck.

Is £10 a week going to put every single player in financial difficulties? I can understand a few may be in low paid jobs or college or may not be employed but surely there are players who could afford a wage cut for 2 months.

Also this only came out as Irvine Herald weren't allowed at supporters meeting then wanted to hurt the committee and Irvine Meadow players and fans. Poor from them as I thought they were a fan of the club and Junior football until recent weeks.

"I know of at least a handful of team mates who actually rely on the money to pay towards their monthly rent. In addition the players pointed out at the meeting that the resignation of two players in January (Jamie Darroch and Mark Twaddle) would have saved the club around the same amount as the requested 10% wage cut and yet the club allowed the signing of 2 additional players since then?"

Quote from Maxi.

2 months ago, i quoted the exact same and was lambasted from pillar to post on here, in addition to an official complaint made.

good luck Maxi and the boys at Medda, hope things work out for you lads as best can,

someone eluded to it earlier, only people to feel sorry for here are the Medda fans.

Good Luck.

You said the players weren't being paid their full wage. Maxwell didn't mention it.

Just to Clarify.... If you feel the need then bring my post back up.

I stated that Medda should not be signing players when they could not pay their players the wages they were owed.....

At the point I posted it, there was more than 1 player who had not received their full wage, So my post was indeed correct.

poor,poor players,relying on football money to pay there rent,the very people asked to put there hands in there pockets to bail out there club might have to pay rent as well,but thats ok as long as the premadona players get theres.  lets look at the bigger picture,pld 12,w1,d1,l10,f15,a36,gd-21,pts4.THEY DONT DESERVE ANY WAGES. :thumbsdown                                                                                     

Why should the players take a pay cut , the commitee obviously new they were in debt up to their eyeballs yet still offerred players crazy contracts ...the players are innocent here ...ok they have maybe underperformed but the commitee are as guilty as hell....so hell men them ...

In recent years off the top of my head Rangers, Hearts, Portsmouth, Dunfermline, Leeds players accepted far larger wage cuts for their Full Time jobs when their clubs have been in financial difficulties. A good number of supporters including myself who are not earning great money in my one job have pledged various amounts to help the club out and for share issue to keep us on our feet but to be honest feel a bit disappointed that at least a few players couldn't have accepted this or donated part of wages to Meadow if they feel certain players need every penny possible as struggling with debt / rent.

Is £10 a week going to put every single player in financial difficulties? I can understand a few may be in low paid jobs or college or may not be employed but surely there are players who could afford a wage cut for 2 months.

Also this only came out as Irvine Herald weren't allowed at supporters meeting then wanted to hurt the committee and Irvine Meadow players and fans. Poor from them as I thought they were a fan of the club and Junior football until recent weeks.

If the Herald were pro-Meadow why were they not invited to the meeting?

Archived