Wage cut turned down by Meadow players

TheMeddaPie

With the best will in the world, you have no idea how we run our Club. Our books were discussed at a committee meeting on Wednesday night and we are one event away (which is on the 17th April) from balancing the books this year, for the 6th year in a row!! Thats while bringing our pitch and overall facilities up to a standard which a very few can match.

We run a tight ship with many young players in our squad, check the website. Our last 5 signings are guys under the age of 20! Its a nonsense that we get brought into the mix with this type of discussion and its getting very monotonous. Its also a disservice to the numerous people who give up their own time to run the Club.

Rant over!

I don't know your clubs financial position but believe as you say it's a right run ship but as for the players under the age of 20 it is a fact that some of your young players have the ability but are pacified every week to accommodate "superstars " which is a shame due to the fact that it only stops the young players progression.

Anyway back on main topic hope medda sort their financial woes out some time soon. Youth is the way forward imho!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So sponsorship isn't income out of 6 teams mentioned how many are in danger of going under just the meadow well that's what we know so if teams have generous sponsors that's good business beith don't get decent crowds and you never mentioned Kilbirnie so is that 7 Ayrshire clubs now pmsl

In what respect are the Rose not looking forward or evolving? Seems your club has been run (successfully) for many years now. It's only this last year or two for some unknown reason your committee decided to alienate FOTR and bin good managers.

I've heard murmurings of outside monies being part of Kelty's recent success, and to be honest, I am swaying toward this theory as this season and last season, I'd estimate their home support to be about a third of our travelling support, whilst it's common knowledge a couple of their players are on big bucks as far as juniors wages go.

I can tell you straight Kelty don't rely on outside monies (whatever that means) at all. Here's some facts for you.

Clubs can't rely on support only to pay the bills, gate money accounts for 25% of our budget and its probably the same at most other clubs.

How do Boness pay the wages, no social club ? It's not by bringing in £32k per year through the gate based on an average of 400 over 20 games paying £4 between adult and oaps.

Boness' wage bill will be around £70-£80k. Where does the money come from to cover this ? I'd be more concerned about my own club rather than Kelty.

We don't have a big support compared to Lithgy and Boness but it's probably the next biggest in the league along with Bonnyrigg and its growing through our success which we all work hard to achieve.

We don't rely on gates, we don't rely on our sponsors, we don't rely on our social club income but put that all together and that allows us to compete.

Here's some facts about Kelty and how we are able to compete as opposed to years past.

-It's no secret Kelty's main sponsor who has been involved with the club for over 30 year has a successful growing business that is able to support the club, this isn't outside money, it's a solid income for the club so the club will spend it how they wish as long as the books are balanced.

This isn't someone looking for a play thing, he's been a supporter since a boy, he loves his football and the club,

-Our big social club of which we heavily invested in last year for the future income and stability of the club is fully booked almost every Friday and Saturday for functions, every single penny that goes over the bar is put into the club,

-We run numerous well attended functions through ought the season in our own club, Sportsmans dinners, brunches etc all in our own social club where we also get every penny from the bar drawings.

-We have well attended match day hospitality most matches in our smaller lounge, this provides a great added income on match day.

-We have other loyal sponsors who contribute greatly and have done over many years, even more so now that we are successful at this time.

There's factual info on Kelty's income, Linlithgow with their social club and Scottish Cup money lets them compete, Boness I'm not sure on.

So sponsorship isn't income out of 6 teams mentioned how many are in danger of going under just the meadow well that's what we know so if teams have generous sponsors that's good business beith don't get decent crowds and you never mentioned Kilbirnie so is that 7 Ayrshire clubs now pmsl

someone else mentioned Kilbirnie and I added 6 more. I do think Kilbirnie have a money man but ma m8s down there say otherwise but let's just say I don't believe them haha. No doubt I'll get hassle off them today if papers game is off am heading 2 there game v Cumnock. Whenever I've been 2 beith they have had a decent crowd better than some Ayrshire teams. Maybe they turn out for the big team

Mon the papers

And here is me thinking beev was in Ayrshire. Talk about moving the goalposts! Ha.I would say their numbers will be up this year going by the season that they are having.enjoy the rest of it.

I can tell you straight Kelty don't rely on outside monies (whatever that means) at all. Here's some facts for you.

Clubs can't rely on support only to pay the bills, gate money accounts for 25% of our budget and its probably the same at most other clubs.

How do Boness pay the wages, no social club ? It's not by bringing in £32k per year through the gate based on an average of 400 over 20 games paying £4 between adult and oaps.

Boness' wage bill will be around £70-£80k. Where does the money come from to cover this ? I'd be more concerned about my own club rather than Kelty.

We don't have a big support compared to Lithgy and Boness but it's probably the next biggest in the league along with Bonnyrigg and its growing through our success which we all work hard to achieve.

We don't rely on gates, we don't rely on our sponsors, we don't rely on our social club income but put that all together and that allows us to compete.

Here's some facts about Kelty and how we are able to compete as opposed to years past.

-It's no secret Kelty's main sponsor who has been involved with the club for over 30 year has a successful growing business that is able to support the club, this isn't outside money, it's a solid income for the club so the club will spend it how they wish as long as the books are balanced.

This isn't someone looking for a play thing, he's been a supporter since a boy, he loves his football and the club,

-Our big social club of which we heavily invested in last year for the future income and stability of the club is fully booked almost every Friday and Saturday for functions, every single penny that goes over the bar is put into the club,

-We run numerous well attended functions through ought the season in our own club, Sportsmans dinners, brunches etc all in our own social club where we also get every penny from the bar drawings.

-We have well attended match day hospitality most matches in our smaller lounge, this provides a great added income on match day.

-We have other loyal sponsors who contribute greatly and have done over many years, even more so now that we are successful at this time.

There's factual info on Kelty's income, Linlithgow with their social club and Scottish Cup money lets them compete, Boness I'm not sure on.

Its a well known fact that Linlithgow do not take money from the social club.. The current treasurer would not allow it. 

He maintains his stance that the football club should stand on its own two feet and if the social club shut down there would 

be no effect on the football club.. Boness and Rose both have fairly successful treasure chest raffles that run weekly and sell 

tickets in tesco ect, plus sponsors and gates, this is what covers the wage bill.........not a penny that goes over the bar goes to this

Its a well known fact that Linlithgow do not take money from the social club.. The current treasurer would not allow it.

He maintains his stance that the football club should stand on its own two feet and if the social club shut down there would

be no effect on the football club.. Boness and Rose both have fairly successful treasure chest raffles that run weekly and sell

tickets in tesco ect, plus sponsors and gates, this is what covers the wage bill.........not a penny that goes over the bar goes to this

Linlithgow Rose are a well run club financially no doubt, didn't know they dont get any money from the social club which I'm sure can't be right, do they not get a lump sum each year ?

The Scottish Cup money is a massive bonus over other clubs, gates, prize money can go well over £20k for reaching 2nd-3rd round. I know how much we got for our participation this year and it does help.

I'm no getting into bashing clubs I was pointing out to 8mileBU how we run If Boness can get by through their gates, treasure chest and sponsors then fair play to them it's nothing to do with Kelty.

It looks like "the big 2" run with the same structure as Kelty - Sponsors, Gate, Beat The Goalie raffle and we have the added bonus of our social club which our committee work real hard to run.

We are the same as any other club if our income drops we would cut our cloth accordingly but in turn if our income increases through hard work by the the people running the club then we will invest that income on facilities or the playing squad.

Linlithgow Rose are a well run club financially no doubt, didn't know they dont get any money from the social club which I'm sure can't be right, do they not get a lump sum each year ?

Nope he is right, football club is self sufficient.  

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the point in the social club if it doesn't contribute to the club? Or have I picked it up wrong?

Linlithgow try to improve on all fronts. Football is self financing and social club picks up for capital projects.

As such both the team shouldn't suffer if we upgrade the ground and proof is dual membership

Our unique two constitutions ensure that the focus of both will always be for the benefit of the football and never the social over football.

Being successful yesterday is no guarantee you will be tomorrow - so to alienate £10k a season from a non influencing organisation such as FOLR isn't exactly good business.

Clubs need to evolve to thrive so free assistance on media or offers to provide other costly services isn't revolution its evolution

Archived