Wage cut turned down by Meadow players

TheMeddaPie

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players have the right to refuse a wage cut or agree to be transferred, however you would hope that with the clubs current financial plight they would be more receptive to assisting in any way possible. Fans & committee are fundraising in many ways to help the club survive, disappointing that a great chunk of the cash raised will go on players who have vastly under performed.

The committee should force the squad to train in Irvine, I have always felt that training in Glasgow was a farcical situation.

Ladeside also train in Glasgow up at Benburbs park . Can see both side of the coin as most of our players are from Paisley/Glasgow so it's closer & will save the club paying travelling expenses on top of wages but used to enjoy as a lad going down & watch the players gettin put through their paces

Players have the right to refuse a wage cut or agree to be transferred, however you would hope that with the clubs current financial plight they would be more receptive to assisting in any way possible. Fans & committee are fundraising in many ways to help the club survive, disappointing that a great chunk of the cash raised will go on players who have vastly under performed.

The committee should force the squad to train in Irvine, I have always felt that training in Glasgow was a farcical situation.

You would presume where the team train is also part of the players t&c's.

The concept of a transfer list seems another junior relic, but the willingness of a player to move on must be looked at individually before judging.

You would presume where the team train is also part of the players t&c's.

The concept of a transfer list seems another junior relic, but the willingness of a player to move on must be looked at individually before judging.

Not privy to individual contractural terms & conditions but don't believe that training in the clubs home town is unreasonable, considering it's just over 30 miles away.

Players will undoubtedly have a variety of reasons not to move on, 1 of which will be that they will have more alternatives in 11 weeks time.

What a shambles IM XI are.

Is it any wonder why people are so dubious and sceptical about them when the chairman point blank refutes claims and days later issues a statement to the tune that echoes the claims.

A complete and utter farce of a club, they deserve to be in junior oblivion for years to be shown how a junior club should be run and then they can appreciate how difficult it is to survive.

Banding about £10,000-£12,000 to survive two months, I can't find words to fit the idiocy of how they've been run.

To the poster re Stevie and murdie doing as they please, you can't sign junior players without the committee backing it, or perhaps as the committee was so dysfunctional they actually gave Stevie and murdie free reign.

Maybe the chairman wanted to do the decent thing and speak to the players first before the press had splashed the proposals all over social media for the players to see without them knowing a thing about them.

What a shambles IM XI are.

Is it any wonder why people are so dubious and sceptical about them when the chairman point blank refutes claims and days later issues a statement to the tune that echoes the claims.

A complete and utter farce of a club, they deserve to be in junior oblivion for years to be shown how a junior club should be run and then they can appreciate how difficult it is to survive.

Banding about £10,000-£12,000 to survive two months, I can't find words to fit the idiocy of how they've been run.

To the poster re Stevie and murdie doing as they please, you can't sign junior players without the committee backing it, or perhaps as the committee was so dysfunctional they actually gave Stevie and murdie free reign.

Major mistakes have been made by the club over a number of years, that is why we are where we currently are. At this time we should be utilising the local press to gain support for the club, not blatantly denying claims a few hours before issuing a statement confirming they are true.

Don't believe we are heading for "junior oblivion" however major cost-cutting is required to settle existing debts while still having a competitive team on the pitch.

Major mistakes have been made by the club over a number of years, that is why we are where we currently are. At this time we should be utilising the local press to gain support for the club, not blatantly denying claims a few hours before issuing a statement confirming they are true.

Don't believe we are heading for "junior oblivion" however major cost-cutting is required to settle existing debts while still having a competitive team on the pitch.

Competitive at what level though ? It seems fairly obvious to me that Meadow simply have to bite the bullet and accept that next season they will be paying much much lower wages. The important thing at the moment is not that Meadow are competitive, but that they survive.

To be honest I don't see what the issue is with training in Glasgow if that's where the majority of players live, it just makes common sense, the only argument I can see for this is if the training was in Irvine maybe most of them wouldn't have signed leaving the door open to bring in local lads who have a real desire to play for the club rather than chase the £££s.

I think every junior club should have a local identify and players the fans relate to and it's got to be the way forward for the Medda if they survive.

It is still a great set up and I'm sure they could still attract the cream of the lower junior leagues, top juvenile and amatuer players and also seasoned guys who can't get a game at other clubs. That's the route I'd go down anyway!

That's what attracted me to a club in my fledgling years. When I signed for Pollok from Greenock I was offered far better deals at a number of clubs but the professional set up at Newlandsfield under Ronnie Lowrie meant there was no contest. Medda have all that and more with their set up and with the right manager could still put a cracking squad together with no money.

Competitive at what level though ? It seems fairly obvious to me that Meadow simply have to bite the bullet and accept that next season they will be paying much much lower wages. The important thing at the moment is not that Meadow are competitive, but that they survive.

Without doubt the most important thing is that the club survives through this challenging period in its 120 year history. Next season we will, in all probability, be in the 1st division & I would hope that we will be able to be competitive in the league, even with a substantially reduced playing budget. The club may well drop down the leagues like many others have done & if that happens it will be because we have not been good enough on the pitch. What we need to do is deal with every obstacle that we face with dignity & respect to our competitors, I feel that this is where we have let ourselves down over a number of years.

Archived