Cultural appropriation

banana

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah but you see, they're the only ones who get all the influential positions in government and business and therefore dreadlocks will be banned outside of Africa in 20 years.

Jamaica are going to be seriously fucked off if that's the case.

1260857.jpg

Or maybe not.

Are Celtic Football Club involved in this?  Sounds like their bag.

Wherever someone is offended, they are there to join in.

They've issued a statement saying only the Irish are allowed to eat potatoes.

Maybe they should have issued a statement saying only the Irish are not allowed to eat potatoes.

I can see this CA being damn tricky.

Only show in town / Only here for the Sellick / #Obsessed

Watched the video the other day. I had never heard of cultural appropriation before. It's the most meaningless issue going. All the video told me is that the girl is a stupid bitch and the guy is a ponce. It should never have made the news. It's another case of people wanting to make mountains out of molehills. Nobody cares.

• 2 years later...

Anybody ever been to South of the Border http://www.thesouthoftheborder.com/  in South Carolina? It's a Mexican themed ... ummm ... er... place. I think it started as a truckstop and the guy only had two employees - both Mexican and he couldn't tell them apart so he called them both Pedro. Then he started collecting Mexican bric a brac to decorate it and this naturally led to a sombrero shaped restaurant, concrete dinosaurs and a huge statue of a Mexican holding a bigSouth_of_the_Border_(attraction)_1.thumb.jpg.84110f18d61033174bc4d9036dc31d8a.jpg

sign whose legs you drive through.  Utterly nuts. Every member of staff wears a nametag saying "Pedro". 

For miles before you get there you see the weirdest billboards - 

s1.jpg.8c556690eacfcbea02dbfd92e6666344.jpg

Now if you're going to do cultural appropriation, do it properly!

On 3/30/2016 at 09:43, banana said:

No, I'm calling out 'progressive' identity politics, which claims to be fighting racism, sexism, homophobia, etc.... by formally judging/ranking people by the colour of their skin, their sex, their sexuality, etc. This shit isn't accidental, it's formal, structured ideology.

I originally dismissed this thread as a joke but you have an excellent point here.  I can also see why other posters dismissed you as a loon-ball (you probably are, anyway) but they are just embarrassed by your insight.

The truth is that The ScotNats are all about 'identity politics'.  We see this in the posters on here.  Nationalism is essentially about division and vaunting one faction over another, issues aside. 

Scottish Nazionalism has nothing to do with what's fair and reasonable but all to do with rewriting of Scotland's story to fit in with a faux narrative.

12 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I originally dismissed this thread as a joke but you have an excellent point here.  I can also see why other posters dismissed you as a loon-ball (you probably are, anyway) but they are just embarrassed by your insight.

The truth is that The ScotNats are all about 'identity politics'.  We see this in the posters on here.  Nationalism is essentially about division and vaunting one faction over another, issues aside. 

Scottish Nazionalism has nothing to do with what's fair and reasonable but all to do with rewriting of Scotland's story to fit in with a faux narrative.

Bit of Aryan cultural appropriation there m8.

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

Anybody ever been to South of the Border http://www.thesouthoftheborder.com/  in South Carolina? It's a Mexican themed ... ummm ... er... place. I think it started as a truckstop 

I saw a documentary about it once. Salma Hayek got her tits out and a guy had a codpiece that shot bullets.  Seemed alright.

Scottish Nazionalism .

Clint-Eastwood-disgust.gif

vaunting one faction over another

This coming from a Rangers fan shows a staggering lack of self awareness.

14 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Scottish Nazionalism 

th03.png.f413970666ba3c94dd8b49b9479cf030.png

Archived