Elect a New Moderator

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was thinking more along the lines of one strike resulting in a permanent ban.  Anyone casual badmouthing Tyson The Truth Fury will be first to go.

Would actually be a pretty easy job tbh all the regular posters are really decent.

Bring back Reynard for moderation duties only. He seems like a level-headed guy who would cope well with being in a position of authority.

Much like Kezia Dugdale, I didn't ask for this. I'd probably be about as effective as she is too.

Mr X gets a lot of stick on here but he's very helpful in the tech forum.

True, but being a helpful/insightful poster doesn't make him a good mod. He's a significant cause of the Championship forum going from a place where you regularly had threads on a wide variety of interesting topics with supporters of every club contributing to one which pretty much consists of nothing but match threads and ten big club threads where every single topic related to that club is discussed, meaning there's not nearly as much interaction between fans of different clubs to provide different perspectives as there used to be.

Start a thread on a topic which is clearly worthy of a thread by itself, eg should a manager be sacked, and there's a fair chance he'll just merge it into the big thread for that club. The consequence of that is fans of other clubs having to trawl though other discussions in that thread they don't give a shit about if they want to talk about the subject that interests them, while we get a load of shite from the fans of the club the thread pertains to along the lines of 'piss off to your own thread', 'obsessed', etc. If he could be a less of a jobsworth and let threads run their course it'd be helpful.

I also nominate Deeboy, he seems like a decent c**t and has an aura of admiration towards my life choices if I can put it that way ð

Just cause he says he'd shag your Mrs doesn't mean he admires your life choices Gunther.

Much like Kezia Dugdale, I didn't ask for this. I'd probably be about as effective as she is too.

True, but being a helpful/insightful poster doesn't make him a good mod. He's a significant cause of the Championship forum going from a place where you regularly had threads on a wide variety of interesting topics with supporters of every club contributing to one which pretty much consists of nothing but match threads and ten big club threads where every single topic related to that club is discussed, meaning there's not nearly as much interaction between fans of different clubs to provide different perspectives as there used to be.

Start a thread on a topic which is clearly worthy of a thread by itself, eg should a manager be sacked, and there's a fair chance he'll just merge it into the big thread for that club. The consequence of that is fans of other clubs having to trawl though other discussions in that thread they don't give a shit about if they want to talk about the subject that interests them, while we get a load of shite from the fans of the club the thread pertains to along the lines of 'piss off to your own thread', 'obsessed', etc. If he could be a less of a jobsworth and let threads run their course it'd be helpful.

I seem to remember some hypocrisy from Mr X on this subject.  He closed a Hibs thread down saying it wasn't worthy of it's own thread but at the same time allowed some mind numbingly unimportant Queens thread to go unchallenged and remain open.  I think he stated that the Queens thread was already "inactive" so closing it was pointless, which is a likely story coming from a raging hypocrite.

Given that you've put forward such a good case for yourself above, Dunning, I'd like to add my vote to the Dunning to replace Mr X pile.

I seem to remember some hypocrisy from Mr X on this subject.  He closed a Hibs thread down saying it wasn't worthy of it's own thread but at the same time allowed some mind numbingly unimportant Queens thread to go unchallenged and remain open.  I think he stated that the Queens thread was already "inactive" so closing it was pointless, which is a likely story coming from a raging hypocrite.

Given that you've put forward such a good case for yourself above, Dunning, I'd like to add my vote to the Dunning to replace Mr X pile.

Yass! Momentum for the Dunning!

Archived