Elect a New Moderator

The results are in. Dunning1874 has been nominated as the popular vote for Pie and Bovril's new moderator by an astonishing margin of 97.8%. By an even larger margin of 100%, Mr X has been nominated for replacement by Dunning.

Div, the people have spoken!

All hail the people's choice!

post-16460-0-42928100-1459757634_thumb.p

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First Corbyn

Then Sanders

Now Dunning

The left is rising...

And it's consistently ugly.

I reckon wee Dunning is looking a bit like Wayne Static as he ages. If Wayne wore his hair down rather than four feet high.

I'd nominate Magee, jk

But seriously, I'd like to nominate MozzaMozza and Sonstream of 08 both decent posters

You can take your nomination and post it to last week when voting was still open then, meight.

What's the beef with Mr X?

Dunning has that well covered...

Much like Kezia Dugdale, I didn't ask for this. I'd probably be about as effective as she is too.

True, but being a helpful/insightful poster doesn't make him a good mod. He's a significant cause of the Championship forum going from a place where you regularly had threads on a wide variety of interesting topics with supporters of every club contributing to one which pretty much consists of nothing but match threads and ten big club threads where every single topic related to that club is discussed, meaning there's not nearly as much interaction between fans of different clubs to provide different perspectives as there used to be.

Start a thread on a topic which is clearly worthy of a thread by itself, eg should a manager be sacked, and there's a fair chance he'll just merge it into the big thread for that club. The consequence of that is fans of other clubs having to trawl though other discussions in that thread they don't give a shit about if they want to talk about the subject that interests them, while we get a load of shite from the fans of the club the thread pertains to along the lines of 'piss off to your own thread', 'obsessed', etc. If he could be a less of a jobsworth and let threads run their course it'd be helpful.

Do mods get permitted alibis so they can carry posting shite like everyone else while moderating in the background? I've always wondered who Div is when he's not in Boss mode. 

Yes, mines is Magee.

Thought so. BTW I think it's only Morton and Hibs fans who whine about Mr X curtailing on their rampant spamming. As said before he's very helpful on tech stuff.

Thought so. BTW I think it's only Morton and Hibs fans who whine about Mr X curtailing on their rampant spamming. As said before he's very helpful on tech stuff.

Does a good job I reckon, especially in the Bralt which is a poisoned chalice.  And to be fair you can't please everyone all the time and all mods would readily admit they make mistakes I presume.

I certainly have made a few.

Starting to think Sweet Pete & AsimButtHitsaSix have just conspired on this to have an excuse to post my picture on here and get the c**t ripped out of me. Luckily there are no end of embarrassing pictures I can respond with, when the time is right.

Archived