Elgin v Annan

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had a corner at the end that came to nothing and fell to osadolor and the ref started blowing for full time. While he was blowing, Twiggy needlessly took out osadolor and the Annan players rightly didn't take it very well and a brawl between all players and benches kicked off. Flynn's red card was for punching an Elgin player in the face. There seemed to be a number of other punches thrown in both directions and if it's been caught on film, quite a few people are going to be in big trouble. A member of Annan's coaching team was absolutely livid about something, possibly a punch, he was being held back by 4 or 5 players.

Chapman and McKenzie's red cards were unrelated to the brawl and happened earlier.

As for the game, we played some decent stuff but it kept falling apart in the final third while Annan scored with their only 2 shots on target. Easton and MacLeod done well to drag us back into it when they came on. Penalty looked like it was a fair decision but the foul was on Easton so it's always hard to tell.

More or less agree with all the above.

The penalty was a dive for me and I was right behind it.

The big scuffle at the end was always going to happen after that challenge and how the Elgin wasn't sent off for it I will never know.

Also I thought it was very brave for one Elgin fan to decide when the fight broke out it was time to have a go at an Annan fan namely me! I was there with two of my kids and one of their friends and this guy just randomly turns around and tell me to "f**k off you c**t" and a few other nice words. Safe to say I told him in no uncertain terms to go away.

Annan goalkeeper clearly throws a haymaker. On the game, Annan squeezed the life out of us, and picked us off with two goals on the break. We did well pull the two goals back in the dying minutes. Going to be tight as a ducks arse in the run in

Ducks have got sizeable arses for the most part, but I agree, it's going to be close...

Chapman's reaction below. Elgin vs Annan in the playoffs would be quite tasty.

“You know it was never a penalty, you know they conned the referee and you know the referee cost us the game today,†he raged.

“It was an absolute disgrace. Have a look at the penalties they’ve (Elgin) had this season. I called it before we came up.â€

Chapman was angry after Easton won a penalty against his team in the teams’ last clash at Borough Briggs, and when the same happened for a second time he couldn’t hide his fury.

“He’s done exactly the same before. He’s a very good player, he doesn’t need to do it.

“Elgin are a good team, they don’t need a helping hand but they got one today. They got out of jail.â€

http://www.northern-scot.co.uk/Sport/Football/Battles-on-and-off-the-pitch-at-Elgin-02042016.htm

Our final ground of the 41 today, cracking day out - and 4 goals, a dodgy last minute pen, 2 red cards and a 20 man brawl into the bargain. Well worth the trip! Loved the ground.

Just watched the highlights! That penalty decision is an absolute joke from the referee who was right in front of it! No wonder Chapman went crazy!

And as for the challenge on Smart at the end, the Boys lucky not to have a broken leg! How on earth did the Elgin player get away unpunished?

Also looks like one of the Elgin coaching staff has had a swipe at our assistant too before charging off.

Just watched the highlights! That penalty decision is an absolute joke from the referee who was right in front of it! No wonder Chapman went crazy!

And as for the challenge on Smart at the end, the Boys lucky not to have a broken leg! How on earth did the Elgin player get away unpunished?

Also looks like one of the Elgin coaching staff has had a swipe at our assistant too before charging off.

Same views as myself. Joyce should have been let free to go have him haha

Worst dive I've seen in ages by Easton. Elgin would probably be bottom half if it wasn't for all those penalties this season.

What the f**k was Nicolson thinking with the tackle on Osadolar at the end as well.

Full on meltdowns all round for the two teams who've led the league the most on the day their title chances were finally extinguished.

As for the game there weren't many great chances at either end until the first goal which was brilliant from Todd, second week running he's scored after picking the ball up in his own half!

Agree it was an outstanding goal! When he picked it up I didn't think for a second that would be the end result. After the poor first half we had I'm quite happy with a draw but due to the blatant dive to equalise its feels bad!

Nicholsons challenge was no worse than the one at the other end shortly before involving the same two players. Of course, if you weren't there you only rely on the highlights. As for the penalty, it's the ref who gives it. Not any one of you complaining would be bothered if it were for your team. Easton gets in good positions and draws the risky challenge. Sour grapes I think. As for the carry on at the end, the Annan keeper and especially the coaching staff lost the plot. Poor discipline, should be hammered.

Nicholsons challenge was no worse than the one at the other end shortly before involving the same two players. Of course, if you weren't there you only rely on the highlights. As for the penalty, it's the ref who gives it. Not any one of you complaining would be bothered if it were for your team. Easton gets in good positions and draws the risky challenge. Sour grapes I think. As for the carry on at the end, the Annan keeper and especially the coaching staff lost the plot. Poor discipline, should be hammered.

Rubbish the challenge was an utter disgrace after the ball had gone and a the whistle was blowing. The penalty was not sour grapes from me just a blatant dive and I for one would never want to gain anything from cheating!

Rubbish the challenge was an utter disgrace after the ball had gone and a the whistle was blowing. The penalty was not sour grapes from me just a blatant dive and I for one would never want to gain anything from cheating!

How noble.... And what utter shite. Could say the ridiculous Annan time wasting was cheating, but would expect my own team to do exactly the same with a two goal lead. As I said, sour grapes.

Chapman's reaction below. Elgin vs Annan in the playoffs would be quite tasty.

“You know it was never a penalty, you know they conned the referee and you know the referee cost us the game today,†he raged.

“It was an absolute disgrace. Have a look at the penalties they’ve (Elgin) had this season. I called it before we came up.â€

Chapman was angry after Easton won a penalty against his team in the teams’ last clash at Borough Briggs, and when the same happened for a second time he couldn’t hide his fury.

“He’s done exactly the same before. He’s a very good player, he doesn’t need to do it.

“Elgin are a good team, they don’t need a helping hand but they got one today. They got out of jail.â€

http://www.northern-scot.co.uk/Sport/Football/Battles-on-and-off-the-pitch-at-Elgin-02042016.htm

Chapman in seething mess shocker.

I was there! And what utter bollocks.

We even spoke to Elgin fans after the game that said it was never a pen and themselves called him a "diving little shit"

Poor disincline from only Annan??? The member of the coaching staff only lost the plot after your guy swung a punch at him. I'm not saying Annan were innocent in it all but Just remember Elgin had a player sent off before the final whistle and it was the shocking Elgin challenge that provoked it all at the end.

Archived