Relegation battle, who will prevail?

8. Forfar

9. Cowdenbeath

10. Brechin

I'm taking no part in the Brechin love in, much prefer Forfar. Cowden can be replaced by any of the 3 in League 2, but I reckon they have enough to survive. Reckon they might pip Forfar to 8th though.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8. Forfar

9. Cowdenbeath

10. Brechin

I'm taking no part in the Brechin love in, much prefer Forfar. Cowden can be replaced by any of the 3 in League 2, but I reckon they have enough to survive. Reckon they might pip Forfar to 8th though.

Don't upset the Brechin mafia.They don't like it when you tip them for relegation.

Because until this season the Loons have had the Pars on their mantle piece and they can't get the memory of being "owned" by a wee team given they're a "big" team. 

Another Par who feels the same and proves my previous answer correct.

Where in Fife can you get a printed t-shirt for £1.50?

I'd give my prediction but sadly my team are totally unpredictable. I think Brechin will gain total safety, Stenny could slip yet but bottom two will be be Cowdenbeath and us but in any order.

Why would we have anything against Forfar?  :lol:

I suppose I should be reassured that no-one on this thread considers as relegation candidates the team which has won twice in its last 15 games.

I can't remember the last time Cowden got a win at Cliftonhill. We haven't done well there in recent years.

I suppose I should be reassured that no-one on this thread considers as relegation candidates the team which has won twice in its last 15 games.

That stat is bonkers - unbelievable we are still in the hunt for 4th spot... I can't really see two teams getting 39+ points from the bottom lot, but typical pessimistic football fan - until we are mathematically safe I'm still looking down.  1 more win should do it.. Stenny on last day.  

Will Dunfermline be looking to give fringe/youth players a chance now they've won the league?

With contracts/transfers to be earned, everyone will be out to impress. I can't see many changes for starting 11 but the bench might have some kids for a half hour here or there.

Will Dunfermline be looking to give fringe/youth players a chance now they've won the league?

Johnston wants us to win as many games as possible to keep momentum going so I doubt he will play weakened sides in last 5 games

Crossan and Wallace will be starting a lot of games I think.

Thomas will get a couple of appearances and Williamson will be brought back into the 1st team for the last 4 games

He won't want to change to much or you risk both losing momentum by finishing poorly and going into the post-season on a low and the 1st teamers being that little bit less sharp for the start of next season.

9 points ahead with 15 to play for with a lot of teams below you having to play each other you should be fine

That stat is bonkers - unbelievable we are still in the hunt for 4th spot... I can't really see two teams getting 39+ points from the bottom lot, but typical pessimistic football fan - until we are mathematically safe I'm still looking down.  1 more win should do it.. Stenny on last day.

I believe we're safe but was surprised that no-one else in the discussion considered us as possibles.

Archived