Scottish cup semi final prediction's

Stengop

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont worry about what charlie thinks hes an old w@nk his own players tell u that just a jealous old man who's own teams days of being involved in semi finals and league title run in are long gone see u on monday charlie make sure u pay ur £5 to watch that shite lucky team old p***k

Just so you know Charlie took over us about 12 weeks ago again because the old manager left. The drum came into form since then and were unlucky in the Scottish against colville. In the west colville were the better team. There's no sour grapes from anyone at the drum. We wish colville all the best. They have been a great team this year and deserve all the credit for what they've done. Posting about no one liking our manager Or his days of hitting semi finals is madness tho. He has taken the drum to two quarter finals this year in half a season and he's very well respected at the drum.

Anyway lads I'll leave you to the forum. Wasn't wanting an argument. Just stating that it's wrong to go on about one man like that for his opinion on a Facebook post.

Hope Monday is a cracker!

I'm not doubting Charlie's ability as a manager I nearly signed for him many years ago. Hes been a top manager over the years, actually someone I had a lot of time for an respected in amatuer football. I just think it's disrespectful for another manager to go on Facebook and discuss another teams and slate them, I would never dream of doing that maybe that just me tho.

I'm not doubting Charlie's ability as a manager I nearly signed for him many years ago. Hes been a top manager over the years, actually someone I had a lot of time for an respected in amatuer football. I just think it's disrespectful for another manager to go on Facebook and discuss another teams and slate them, I would never dream of doing that maybe that just me tho.

Nah I know you haven't said that mate. Was the comment above that I felt was a bit out of order. Anyway as I've said we have had two very good games last few weeks. You went through and no on can argue with that. I doubt there is any hard feelings from any of the clubs towards one another.

All the best on Monday mate!

Firstly,thanks for the reminder that it's the National semis that are being discussed here,and for all the obviously researched info that you've posted.

Just a coupla points re the info though...it looks like I missed the poll where it was decided that there would be 'an outcry if these games were played anywhere else other than a senior ground',so perhaps you could let us know how many clubs were canvassed in order to come to this,for me at least,surprising conclusion.

I say surprising because,while I admittedly haven't done any in-depth research on this,I do take in quite a number of Amateur games during the season which brings me into contact with a number of punters involved in the game and the feedback I've had any time this topic is discussed,has indicated that there wouldn't be any objections to these games being played at any of the bigger Junior grounds.

As for the Senior grounds you've mentioned where they're in 'constant use 7 days a week'(actually NDP is closed today :) ),well,that's because they accept advance bookings and,while I don't have experience of the others,I know that it's not an impossible task to book some time on the NDP pitch.

And of course,you've got to think that it would be relatively simple to arrange the National competition ties so that they don't clash with district semis and finals,particularly in this instance where I'm unaware of any such games actually due to be played at this time.

Anyhoo,good luck to all the teams involved and,for anyone making a first visit to NDP...wrap up extra warm! :P

aye alright maybe not "constantly" but restricted is a better choice of word.

The other point you mention about you are unaware of any such games due to be played is irrelevant as I'm pretty sure SAFA are aware and have to dance around already scheduled district semi-finals.

Someone told me today the attendance for last nights semi-final was more than both semi-finals last year combined...... not bad for a Thursday night eh? 😉

Attended last nights game and thought it was very poor, best team won in the end, however whilst with the "blazers" I asked why the venue and day for the semi's, and was told the venues were picked back in January and ALL leagues were informed at the SAFA council meeting so no matter who reached the semi finals no club can say their Leagues were not informed through their delegate.

In reflection this is a excellent policy saves a lot of hassle trying to please both clubs so well done SAFA.

Charlie is just a bitter wee man. He should concentrate on his own team. With a bit of luck they might stay in the premier for next season.

Ok mate! We will see if we are in the premier next season. Nothing to do with Charlie is being that low in the table. As I said he took over 1/2 way through a season. We can all be cheeky sitting behind a keyboard. This thread is about the teams in the semi finals. Why don't we spend time talking about them? Colville vs possil? Let's talk about that rather than talk about a guy on personal terms.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Attended last nights game and thought it was very poor, best team won in the end, however whilst with the "blazers" I asked why the venue and day for the semi's, and was told the venues were picked back in January and ALL leagues were informed at the SAFA council meeting so no matter who reached the semi finals no club can say their Leagues were not informed through their delegate.

In reflection this is a excellent policy saves a lot of hassle trying to please both clubs so well done SAFA.

Banana republic. 😜

aye alright maybe not "constantly" but restricted is a better choice of word.

The other point you mention about you are unaware of any such games due to be played is irrelevant as I'm pretty sure SAFA are aware and have to dance around already scheduled district semi-finals.

Someone told me today the attendance for last nights semi-final was more than both semi-finals last year combined...... not bad for a Thursday night eh?

My point about other such semis or finals was that the SAFA wouldn't have to dance around them as none were taking place at this time.

Anyway,I don't know who gave you the info re the attendance bud, but I thought it was really poor for a Scottish semi with ,understandably.the Leven punters making up most of the crowd.

With two fairly local sides playing on Monday though,I expect the place will be jumpin! :P

My point about other such semis or finals was that the SAFA wouldn't have to dance around them as none were taking place at this time.

Anyway,I don't know who gave you the info re the attendance bud, but I thought it was really poor for a Scottish semi with ,understandably.the Leven punters making up most of the crowd.

With two fairly local sides playing on Monday though,I expect the place will be jumpin! :P

haha are you being flippant there Thomas? Colvilles don't have a support. Dunno about Possil though.

haha are you being flippant there Thomas? Colvilles don't have a support. Dunno about Possil though.

Don't kid yerself TBB! I've been wi them at NDP,Livingston,and Rugby park and,trust me,they'll be there in numbers! As,I hope,will be the Possil boys!

Bring it on!! :thumsup2

None were taking placing at this time, what about all these games?!post-39584-14595853544422_thumb.jpg

And the attendance on Thursday as reported by Hamilton was 760, more than both semi finals last year combined.

Archived