Doonhamers vs. Bairns; 2nd April...

Theres a difference in prize money of 30 grand between 7th and 5. That should be enough of an incentive to keep teams like queens plugging away. Could be an extra player for next season.

I wasn't sure if there was still varying levels of payment depending on final positions. If there is, and even if it the difference is negligible, it is another reason why games near the end of the season are still important.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is it? I didn't think we would concede in fact I felt more likely we would score again.

It's silly for the same reasons that others have identified.

The game was fairly end to end, towards the end. It got stretched as players tired and we had something to aim for. As SD says we'd come very close a couple of times shortly before the goal. I'm not saying a goal was definitely coming, because I didn't feel that was the case. At the same time though, we had been knocking on the door and scoring came as no massive surprise.

The fact that Falkirk also had chances late on, does not remotely render the Queens goal "out of the blue". It remains a silly thing to say.

:o Were you even at the game?

The first was a high looping ball into the box but only because the cross took a deflection. Wont disagree that it could have been defended better but give Lyle credit, he took the ball down and finished superbly.

The second goal was probably the best move of the match. Some nice passing on the edge of the box before a slide rule pass for Russell to finish. Not a lump in sight

Spot on.

Silly season for BPM, it would appear.

It's silly for the same reasons that others have identified.The game was fairly end to end, towards the end. It got stretched as players tired and we had something to aim for. As SD says we'd come very close a couple of times shortly before the goal. I'm not saying a goal was definitely coming, because I didn't feel that was the case. At the same time though, we had been knocking on the door and scoring came as no massive surprise.The fact that Falkirk also had chances late on, does not remotely render the Queens goal "out of the blue". It remains a silly thing to say.

In your opinion. I think your silly to be saying I'm silly. FFS people are able to have different opinions. We don't agree move on.

In your opinion. I think your silly to be saying I'm silly. FFS people are able to have different opinions. We don't agree move on.

How does this work in your head BPM?

I thought a remark was silly and said so.

You asked me why I thought that, directly and explicitly.

I provided an answer.

You started going "FFS...move on."

If you don't want me to explain my opinions, it's maybe best in future, not to ask me to do just that.

How does this work in your head BPM?I thought a remark was silly and said so.You asked me why I thought that, directly and explicitly.I provided an answer.You started going "FFS...move on."If you don't want me to explain my opinions, it's maybe best in future, not to ask me to do just that.

Grow up. You don't agree with me and I don't agree with you. Shit happens.

I will repeat, I didn't think at the game QOS were going to equalise, that is how I felt at the time. I was wrong. Move on

Grow up. You don't agree with me and I don't agree with you. Shit happens.

I will repeat, I didn't think at the game QOS were going to equalise, that is how I felt at the time. I was wrong. Move on

People (not just Monkey Tennis) are picking up on your comment because it was such an odd thing to say. You said the equaliser arrived "out of the blue" when in fact we hadn't looked more likely to score at any other time in the match than we did in the last five minutes or so. Lyle had a half volley scrape the outside of the post with Rogers standing watching it, Rogers made a good save from Millar (and an excellent save from Lyle's rebound albeit Lyle was offside). Falkirk having chances at the other end at the same time (and they did) doesn't make our goal out of the blue. It wasn't. It was the culmination of a period of several chances, as it would have been had Falkirk scored at the other end.

You are entitled to think Falkirk deserved to win, most of us thought a draw was fair enough. People see the game differently. It is bizarre however to suggest a goal came out of nowhere when we had come so close to scoring one at least twice in the previous couple of minutes. We'd had other spells of attacking pressure too.

People (not just Monkey Tennis) are picking up on your comment because it was such an odd thing to say. You said the equaliser arrived "out of the blue" when in fact we hadn't looked more likely to score at any other time in the match than we did in the last five minutes or so. Lyle had a half volley scrape the outside of the post with Rogers standing watching it, Rogers made a good save from Millar (and an excellent save from Lyle's rebound albeit Lyle was offside). Falkirk having chances at the other end at the same time (and they did) doesn't make our goal out of the blue. It wasn't. It was the culmination of a period of several chances, as it would have been had Falkirk scored at the other end.

You are entitled to think Falkirk deserved to win, most of us thought a draw was fair enough. People see the game differently. It is bizarre however to suggest a goal came out of nowhere when we had come so close to scoring one at least twice in the previous couple of minutes. We'd had other spells of attacking pressure too.

Because I didn't think you would score.

Which is different from saying the goal was "out of the blue". Christ man, this is not difficult stuff.

This. He's entitled to say he was confident Falkirk would see it out or that we'd blow any chances we got. It's the clear implication that the equaliser was the first time we'd remotely looked like scoring a goal any time since scoring the first that is utter nonsense. I'm not sure he actually understands the meaning of the phrase "out of the blue".

Here's a first, I agree with everything in your post!

I've noticed in games before Houston doing his nut in within the technical area when we are sitting too deep, demanding the players push up. I didn't see it today as I was concentrating on the game, however I'm inclined to think it's not his tactics to sit in deep.

For me, I think it's the way we play. It's a high energy, pressing game that depends on our forward players in particular, with midfield players supporting them. Alston and Vaulks, who I thought both played well yesterday, looked absolutely done in after 75 minutes. Kerr at his age as well, struggles to remain at the same intensity during the full 90.

We missed someone like O'Hara to bring on yesterday. When he and McHugh came on against Rangers and pressed their back four, it created mistakes. We also had an out ball over the top or in the channels. As much as I like Baird, his first touch at times is dreadful so holding the ball is a problem. Miller was winning the first ball the majority of the time yesterday but we weren't getting the second ball, and again he doesn't press from the front (not his game).

Queens targeted our right hand side in the second half and it worked, not sure about McCann defensively based on that game. Thought Muirhead did well as centre half but we missed him at right back, who'd have thought it?

The injuries are starting to take their toll. Could have done with Grant, McGrandles and O'Hara yesterday but that's football.

Question for Queens fans, what do you think you'll achieve next season? Will you still have the majority of the team that played today or will there be an overhaul like last pre-season?

Yes, our squad is pretty thin, midfield in particular. I thought that playing with 5 in the middle yesterday was a necessity. However, it is difficult to do due to McGrandles injury. We only really have 5 recognizable midfielders Taiwo, Kerr, Vaulks, Sibbald, Alston. That leaves no room for substitutions in the late stages of games except inexperienced youngsters.

Fair play to Queens, two down, nothing to play for but kept going and got their rewards.

It's another two valuable points dropped but we keep doing it, imagine what could have been if we were able to shut the doors at the back and were also able to find a system to cope with playing against 10 men.

FWIW I think Muirhead is beginning to show the potential the Thistle fans were raving about, thought he was good yesterday at RB and the middle of defence - he looked more natural there, some of his forward passes to Leahy in particular gave us another dimension moving forward. A good versatile player with a 100% attitude and commitment.

Having watched the highlights, the penalty incident wasnt a penalty, like a few at the game thot it was but closer inspection, it wasnt, tho what the Queens defender was doing sliding in like he did was pure madness and a player with less morals may have used that to an advantage. Sibbald's misses are also poor and probably worse than I thot. I do hope Hippo starts on the left and SIbbs remains on the bench, the rest will do him good and it wont do him no harm in knowing that his place is not automatic, he also needs to work on his right foot and finishing, if his aims are as high as the others that have left

I dont get the nothing to play for with Queens, surely position will be part of players end of season bonus if not only down to club benefits of larger cash prize, then players that are playing for contracts.

Im sure Queens have a decent run in, which should make them favourites for 5th, tho it is tight 

I was wondering about the quickly taken free kick in the 95th minute which fortunately ended up in Terregles Street. The ref had done his marker thing and was marching the Queens wall back, so I didn't think you could take a quick kick then. Could have been another 'bounceballgate' had it went in?

I don't really buy into meaningless games either. There's always personal pride, and as a supporter they all cost the same to get into!

Perhaps meaningless was the wrong phrase, but there's no denying that it was a more meaningful game for The Bairns than it was us.

Both Queens goals look offside on the BBC footage. The 1st certainly.

Lyle does look offside on the first though it may be the interpretation of second phase when the defender makes a deliberate block. Harder to tell with Russell. Again though it looks like the defender played the ball on to him rather than our player.

Archived