Doonhamers vs. Bairns; 2nd April...

Not just me saying that there is a QOS fan on here agreeing with me. Rogers has not had a save all day apart from the one that turned out to be offside and Thomson has had 2 first half and 3 in the second. I will stand by my assumption you were fortunate and we will agree to disagree

Presuming you mean the one just before the equaliser Lyle was offside from the rebound but Millar's effort would have counted if he hadnt saved it. We also had a Lyle half volley at 2-1 scrape past the post with Rogers clawing hopelessly at thin air.

Not threatening to score often enough from good possession has been our problem all season but it doesnt necessarily make us fortunate when we do.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back Post Misses - "Not just me saying that there is a QOS fan on here agreeing with me. Rogers has not had a save all day apart from the one that turned out to be offside and Thomson has had 2 first half and 3 in the second. I will stand by my assumption you were fortunate and we will agree to disagree"

(Because it comes up content not available when I quote you, for whatever reason)

You had two more shots on target than us :huh: Hardly a pounding by yourselves. In the first half Thomson made a great reaction save and picked the ball out of the net. Apart from that he had nothing to do, we had the bulk of possession and we should really have went in all square. We didn't create anything of note admittedly, but again we were hardly being bombarded by Falkirk attacks.

In the second half you had a good spell and got a deserved goal. From then on I think we had a go and were worthy of our point.

It may also be worth pointing out that your goals were gifted. Alston will never score an easier goal all season. Absolutely no marking. And the calamitous attempt at a clearance by Murdoch for the second gifted Baird the chance. Take absolutely nothing away from the finish, but the opportunity for the strike should never have been there. Lyle's composure for the first was excellent and our second was a well worked and well taken goal.

FWIW had Millar's strike went in it would have stood. It was Lyle from the rebound that was offside, but he wasn't interfering with play when Millar struck his shot.

I thought we played well today but it's never good trying to hold on to a single goal lead after the game should have been dead and buried.

When Lyle scored I felt another one would follow and it did.

The question I need to ask is, why when we are winning in games do we sit deep and let teams come as us? I feel and have felt this for a while, I don't think we are good enough at the back, inviting teams to have a go is a recipe for disaster yet we do it repeatedly.

We have lost far too many late goals this season, how to we stop this from happening?

Back Post Misses - "Not just me saying that there is a QOS fan on here agreeing with me. Rogers has not had a save all day apart from the one that turned out to be offside and Thomson has had 2 first half and 3 in the second. I will stand by my assumption you were fortunate and we will agree to disagree"

(Because it comes up content not available when I quote you, for whatever reason)

You had two more shots on target than us :huh: Hardly a pounding by yourselves. In the first half Thomson made a great reaction save and picked the ball out of the net. Apart from that he had nothing to do, we had the bulk of possession and we should really have went in all square. We didn't create anything of note admittedly, but again we were hardly being bombarded by Falkirk attacks.

In the second half you had a good spell and got a deserved goal. From then on I think we had a go and were worthy of our point.

It may also be worth pointing out that your goals were gifted. Alston will never score an easier goal all season. Absolutely no marking. And the calamitous attempt at a clearance by Murdoch for the second gifted Baird the chance. Take absolutely nothing away from the finish, but the opportunity for the strike should never have been there. Lyle's composure for the first was excellent and our second was a well worked and well taken goal.

FWIW had Millar's strike went in it would have stood. It was Lyle from the rebound that was offside, but he wasn't interfering with play when Millar struck his shot.

He saved from Miller in the first 5 minutes when he tipped over the bar.

Anyway you are sounding like Warburton with your possession w**k.

Your two goals came from lumps into the box where we should defend better. Granted they were finished well.

The reality is from 2 up we should win the game. Even at 2-1 I never thought a goal was going to cone you simply played in front of us most of the time. We ain't going to agree so let's leave it there. At no time did I say we gave you a pounding but on clear chances created we should have won that game out of the park.

Pandemonium

I think I may have sorted the issue of quotes in my settings. Fingers crossed...

Quoting you to test (although I don't think my account had the problem)

What do you think was the issue ?

Only happened when I was on iPad and iPhone app. There was a setting I activated saying show quoted image. It was set to off. Turned it on and seems to have sorted it

Our first goal was far more out the blue than the equaliser. I think a dragged Hutton shot was all we had mustered up until the goal, after that Falkirk looked a bit rocked.

I agree we did not look as secure but even at 2-1 we have missed at least 3 good chances. The keeper saved on with his foot, Sibbald hit side net with the rebound, had a save from Baird and Vaulks dragged a shot wide from where he usual makes the keeper work at least. I still didn't feel QOS were going to equalise.

I thought we played well today but it's never good trying to hold on to a single goal lead after the game should have been dead and buried.

When Lyle scored I felt another one would follow and it did.

The question I need to ask is, why when we are winning in games do we sit deep and let teams come as us? I feel and have felt this for a while, I don't think we are good enough at the back, inviting teams to have a go is a recipe for disaster yet we do it repeatedly.

We have lost far too many late goals this season, how to we stop this from happening?

Here's a first, I agree with everything in your post!

I've noticed in games before Houston doing his nut in within the technical area when we are sitting too deep, demanding the players push up. I didn't see it today as I was concentrating on the game, however I'm inclined to think it's not his tactics to sit in deep.

For me, I think it's the way we play. It's a high energy, pressing game that depends on our forward players in particular, with midfield players supporting them. Alston and Vaulks, who I thought both played well yesterday, looked absolutely done in after 75 minutes. Kerr at his age as well, struggles to remain at the same intensity during the full 90.

We missed someone like O'Hara to bring on yesterday. When he and McHugh came on against Rangers and pressed their back four, it created mistakes. We also had an out ball over the top or in the channels. As much as I like Baird, his first touch at times is dreadful so holding the ball is a problem. Miller was winning the first ball the majority of the time yesterday but we weren't getting the second ball, and again he doesn't press from the front (not his game).

Queens targeted our right hand side in the second half and it worked, not sure about McCann defensively based on that game. Thought Muirhead did well as centre half but we missed him at right back, who'd have thought it?

The injuries are starting to take their toll. Could have done with Grant, McGrandles and O'Hara yesterday but that's football.

Question for Queens fans, what do you think you'll achieve next season? Will you still have the majority of the team that played today or will there be an overhaul like last pre-season?

Our first goal was far more out the blue than the equaliser. I think a dragged Hutton shot was all we had mustered up until the goal, after that Falkirk looked a bit rocked.

This. After a slow start we looked decent first half and threatened on several occasions. We also looked ok early in the second half but never looked less likely to score than at 2-0 down just before we did. Lyle's goal very much came out of the blue. We then got our tails up, gambled a bit more forward and yes Falkirk got some more chances partly as a result but for the last quarter hour there was always a threat we might score again. That we did was no great surprise.

He saved from Miller in the first 5 minutes when he tipped over the bar.

Anyway you are sounding like Warburton with your possession w**k.

Your two goals came from lumps into the box where we should defend better. Granted they were finished well.

The reality is from 2 up we should win the game. Even at 2-1 I never thought a goal was going to cone you simply played in front of us most of the time. We ain't going to agree so let's leave it there. At no time did I say we gave you a pounding but on clear chances created we should have won that game out of the park.

Pandemonium

:o Were you even at the game?

The first was a high looping ball into the box but only because the cross took a deflection. Wont disagree that it could have been defended better but give Lyle credit, he took the ball down and finished superbly.

The second goal was probably the best move of the match. Some nice passing on the edge of the box before a slide rule pass for Russell to finish. Not a lump in sight

Considering it was a largely meaningless game for us I think the players and manager deserve a lot of credit for that comeback.  There was very little between the teams in the first half so the late goal would have been a sore one to take.  We then gifted a second before giving ourselves a chance to get back into it.  Before the game I watched Celtic vs Hearts and a Celtic goal just after half-time completely killed the game with Hearts never looking like getting back into it.  Falkirk thought it was job done and took the foot off the gas, there's absolutely no doubt about that, but I reckon earlier in the season we would have lost that three or four nil, so the players deserve praise for keeping their heads up.  Also the equaliser is the most I've celebrated a goal for a long time.

Question for Queens fans, what do you think you'll achieve next season? Will you still have the majority of the team that played today or will there be an overhaul like last pre-season?

Reply to quote from Trump

We were forced into so many changes at the start of this season because several players decided to move on to other clubs at the same time. I doubt if there will be as many leaving at the end of this season. It may be a case of the Manager, and we don't know for sure who that will be yet, clearing out those he does not want and bringing in suitable replacements. I can't see a great turnover in players and it will be more in the Manager's and BoD's hands who leaves this time.

Considering it was a largely meaningless game for us I think the players and manager deserve a lot of credit for that comeback.  There was very little between the teams in the first half so the late goal would have been a sore one to take.  We then gifted a second before giving ourselves a chance to get back into it.  Before the game I watched Celtic vs Hearts and a Celtic goal just after half-time completely killed the game with Hearts never looking like getting back into it.  Falkirk thought it was job done and took the foot off the gas, there's absolutely no doubt about that, but I reckon earlier in the season we would have lost that three or four nil, so the players deserve praise for keeping their heads up.  Also the equaliser is the most I've celebrated a goal for a long time.

Agree with this palmy_cammy apart from the first bit. Ok we have no chance of a top 4 finish and are surely safe from the bottom play-off spot but there are still points and contracts to play for. I would hope the team are still striving to finish above Morton and St. Mirren at the end of the season, even if only for their own pride and value for money for the supporters.

Well that's just silly then.

Why is it? I didn't think we would concede in fact I felt more likely we would score again.

Archived