CHAMPIONS

True, although you still couldnt bring a decent support to what many thought was your last game.

Was more Pars fans than Raith fans that day, your directors were laughing all the way to the bank

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a small support, I dont think any of our fans have ever disputed that.   

Its crazy how people (not just Dunfermline fans) think we should be finding an extra 1000 fans out of nowhere.  The numbers simply arent there for us. 

I think it's probably the fact that Rovers fans get extremely upset by the accusation they follow a "wee team", despite all supporting evidence.

Dunfermline should be a Premiership club IMO.  That's what I associate then as at least, that's where they played when I was growing up.

Dunfermline should be a Premiership club IMO. That's what I associate then as at least, that's where they played when I was growing up.

It's nice to still be regarded as a top club in Scottish football by many people, but we're in the position we're in for a reason. However, it would be a great testament to the efforts of all associated with the club if we ever find ourselves back in the top flight in the near future. :)

It's funny how certain clubs support dropped off and sone stayed. Airdrie and raith used to get a lot more.

We got a lot more in our days in the Premier League, but really we have always been a club with a core fan base of 1500 or so. 

We have a small support, I dont think any of our fans have ever disputed that.   

Its crazy how people (not just Dunfermline fans) think we should be finding an extra 1000 fans out of nowhere.  The numbers simply arent there for us. 

With Kirkcaldy being of a similar size(Wikipedia the bastion of all truth has them at only 1000 apart) what is the reason for the comparatively smaller support? With Glenrothes being so close and interlinked with the town aswell...

With Kirkcaldy being of a similar size(Wikipedia the bastion of all truth has them at only 1000 apart) what is the reason for the comparatively smaller support? With Glenrothes being so close and interlinked with the town aswell...

Absolutely no idea.

People just arent interested by football at our level in Kdy.  Even against Rangers, Hibs etc we have barely had 1500 home fans (and its been mentioned that Dunfermline outnumbered us at our most recent Starks derby)

There was a period of time from Anelka (2004) to Mcglynns 2nd full season when we won the 2nd Division (2008) where watching the Rovers was fucking grim.  We signed average players (Craig fucking Winter), and were a mid table team in all honesty for large parts.  Thats where we lost a lot of fans tbh.

We could easily pull 2000+ for biggish games (im sure the derbies with East Fife had 3500/4000 attendances).  Something changed I guess.  Even when we were doing well after promotion, the crowds just havent been there.

Whilst its a source of humour, the ice hockey thing doesent help.  It hasnt really helped us to have another sporting team with a loyal fanbase in the town - pulling similar (And often bigger) crowds. 

Its frustrating, but there isnt much the club can do.  Lowering prices dosent do much.  We've had multi game deals etc and they just dont work.  We have a decent team and a decent manager this season, and the attendances are if anything dwindling.  Last season saw a 3 figure home attendance, and it probably wont be the last we will ever see.

Its concerning, and very frustrating.  But Im not sure what can be done. 

Absolutely no idea.

People just arent interested by football at our level in Kdy. Even against Rangers, Hibs etc we have barely had 1500 home fans (and its been mentioned that Dunfermline outnumbered us at our most recent Starks derby)

There was a period of time from Anelka (2004) to Mcglynns 2nd full season when we won the 2nd Division (2008) where watching the Rovers was fucking grim. We signed average players (Craig fucking Winter), and were a mid table team in all honesty for large parts. Thats where we lost a lot of fans tbh.

We could easily pull 2000+ for biggish games (im sure the derbies with East Fife had 3500/4000 attendances). Something changed I guess. Even when we were doing well after promotion, the crowds just havent been there.

Whilst its a source of humour, the ice hockey thing doesent help. It hasnt really helped us to have another sporting team with a loyal fanbase in the town - pulling similar (And often bigger) crowds.

Its frustrating, but there isnt much the club can do. Lowering prices dosent do much. We've had multi game deals etc and they just dont work. We have a decent team and a decent manager this season, and the attendances are if anything dwindling. Last season saw a 3 figure home attendance, and it probably wont be the last we will ever see.

Its concerning, and very frustrating. But Im not sure what can be done.

Good post for a Raith c**t.

We have a similar frustration, I think both clubs' sets of supporters know there can be more coming through the gates each week. Prime examples being cup finals, title deciders etc; I know these matches typically attract a far superior attendance than the average Saturday league match, but surely to f**k that, out of the extra 9,000 that made it to the title deciding game in 2011, a good portion of that can put a bit more effort in each week but simply choose to go to the big ones.

I mind I went on a bit of a huff more or less 3 years ago to the day, it was the day after we'd entered administration and we were at home to Falkirk, the home attendance was shy of 3,000. For a time when the club seriously needed financial backing from the locals, we didn't get it. Fast forward 3 years and there's double the home gate because we were just about to win the league title.

That's the baffling part; even when Rovers are doing really well this season, nobody really seems to care.

I cant quantify it, but some people were put off by Murrays tenure to the point that they havent been back.

But we are sitting 13 points clear in 4th place, playing decent football with a really good manager - and nobody cares.  Its quite frustrating. 

To put it in context, we had 1300 home fans for our recent win over Hibs.  Thats absolutely pathetic to be honest.  Although the club dont help themselves, that game was all-ticket despite 7000 empty seats. 

I cant quantify it, but some people were put off by Murrays tenure to the point that they havent been back.

But we are sitting 13 points clear in 4th place, playing decent football with a really good manager - and nobody cares. Its quite frustrating.

To put it in context, we had 1300 home fans for our recent win over Hibs. Thats absolutely pathetic to be honest. Although the club dont help themselves, that game was all-ticket despite 7000 empty seats.

Murray obvious did some damage. That and the Flyers being back in the big time - in terms of ice hockey - have been the big factors IMO. Possibly also people don't fancy paying £18 to watch the Rovers.

Apart from the Ramsdens Cup Final, did we pull in any big crowds under Murray? When I say big crowds I mean 3000+ which is big for Rovers.

Last time I can recall us regularly getting big crowds was around 2009-2010, when we won the league then had that Scottish Cup run. We had a couple of decent home crowds in the season we came 2nd to Pars. Since then...

I genuinely feel sorry for Raith getting small crowds. Kirkcaldy is full of utter melts who prefer to grab glory with the two big Glasgow clubs to bring some weird sense of achievement to their boring, empty lives.

Doesn't matter, it just don't matter. We're flying and he's a dim and far away memory.

We have good people in charge and we'll live within our means.

Did you witness the 2000 Pars personnel arriving at your ground, it's must have looked simply magnificant. 

Wooft, Pars Gala in Coatbridge on Saturday

Doesn't matter, it just don't matter. We're flying and he's a dim and far away memory.

We have good people in charge and we'll live within our means.

Did you witness the 2000 Pars personnel arriving at your ground, it's must have looked simply magnificant.

Wooft, Pars Gala in Coatbridge on Saturday

get te yer bed min (afore yer sister) tomoz is another day lad

Archived