• Last Reply

Away and don't talk shite.

Your "logic" seems to run like this.

"A deist did somethining mental.

So all deists are mental".

See also

"An atheist did something mental.

So all atheists are mental."

If you are suggesting that an atheist's atheism is what is causing him/her to do something mental then I would like prooof.

There are plenty of deists who are claiming that their actions are related to their 'faith'.

You are a walloper.

Horrible Story this, can't say I ever met him personally but I know shop keepers just like him. Absolute shame.

:lol:  What does that even mean?

"I've met a newsagent before, so this story is particularly sad to me"

Ahmadi's have been persecuted for decades in Pakistan, there are numerous instances of attacks on them.  This sectarianism has crept into the UK - there have been instances of demonstrations against Ahmadi mosques, distribution of anti-Ahmadi literature and publicity against Ahmadis.  I think this is the first instance of violence against Ahmadis.

Sectarian violence and prejudice is a huge issue in many Islamic countries, it's worrying to see it spread here.

I'm fairly sure it was an ironic post aimed at those who try to jump on the grief bandwagon.

Maybe a bit to subtle for you Pete.

If it was subtlety then I bow to his effort as it sailed right over me. But I suspect you're giving him too much credit and it was, in fact, the very bandwagon which you describe.

Ahmadi's have been persecuted for decades in Pakistan, there are numerous instances of attacks on them. This sectarianism has crept into the UK - there have been instances of demonstrations against Ahmadi mosques, distribution of anti-Ahmadi literature and publicity against Ahmadis. I think this is the first instance of violence against Ahmadis.

Sectarian violence and prejudice is a huge issue in many Islamic countries, it's worrying to see it spread here.

Especially since it's taking attention away from our own good homegrown sectarianism.

If it was subtlety then I bow to his effort as it sailed right over me. But I suspect you're giving him too much credit and it was, in fact, the very bandwagon which you describe.

I remember when this was all fields.

If you are suggesting that an atheist's atheism is what is causing him/her to do something mental then I would like prooof.

There are plenty of deists who are claiming that their actions are related to their 'faith'.

You are a walloper.

Plenty? Really? Let's see your post.

As tragic as this story is the one thing that stands out for me is just how fucked up organised religions and their adherents are.

Not some of their adherents, nor even your hasty ammendment to plenty, good word that, unquantifiable, sad fail at an attempt to get of the hook.

You don't get this debating thing, do you?

Over and out.

Plenty? Really? Let's see your post.

Not some of their adherents, nor even your hasty ammendment to plenty, good word that, unquantifiable, sad fail at an attempt to get of the hook.

You don't get this debating thing, do you?

Over and out.

When you say 'out' I assume that means you're not going to supply me with details of atheists killing in the name of atheism? I'll put away my "Not In My Name" banner then.

I think organised religion is fucked up. I believe that applies to those who believe in the sky fairies. Doesn't mean I think they are all murderers or bad people.

Ahmadi's have been persecuted for decades in Pakistan, there are numerous instances of attacks on them. This sectarianism has crept into the UK - there have been instances of demonstrations against Ahmadi mosques, distribution of anti-Ahmadi literature and publicity against Ahmadis. I think this is the first instance of violence against Ahmadis.

Claims that the victim pissed of the leadership of UK Ahmadis.

Rumours about Asad starting up his own breakaway group.

The Shah family have released a statement

On Thursday evening, a beloved husband, son, brother and everyone’s friend, Asad Shah, was taken away from us by an incomprehensible act. We are devastated by this loss.

“A person’s religion, ethnicity, race, gender or socioeconomic background never mattered to Asad. He met everyone with the utmost kindness and respect because those are just some of the many common threads that exist across every faith in our world.

“He was a brilliant man, recognising that the differences between people are vastly outweighed by our similarities. And he didn’t just talk about this, he lived it each and every day, in his beloved community of Shawlands and his country of Scotland.

“If there was to be any consolation from this needless tragedy, it came in the form of the spontaneous and deeply moving response by the good people of Shawlands, Glasgow and beyond.

“As a family, we would like to express our deepest gratitude to all who have organised and participated in the street vigils, online petitions and messages. You have moved us beyond words and helped us start healing sooner than we thought possible. You were Asad’s family as much as we are and we will always remain with you.

“One of our brightest lights has been extinguished but our love for all mankind and hope for a better world in which we can all live in peace and harmony, as so emphatically embodied by Asad, will endure and prevail. Asad left us a tremendous gift and we must continue to honour that gift by loving and taking care of one another.â€

Archived