Sign in to follow this  
Mr X

Sky Q

3 hours ago, Mr X said:

Still getting an error trying to upgrade via the box. The website pages get so far before I get a server error and the upgrade page on the app says I have to call because I have to upgrade to Sky Q - despite the My Account page saying I already have it

:rolleyes:

giphy.gif

Similar issue here. From what I've read it seems to be trickier for people who've had Sky Q from it's early days.

As well as through the app I can now access it via on demand after rebooting my box. It's automatically bringing up my most recently watched Netflix shows even though I've yet to watch anything on it through Sky.

On 03/11/2018 at 12:59, Ro Sham Bo said:

As well as through the app I can now access it via on demand after rebooting my box. It's automatically bringing up my most recently watched Netflix shows even though I've yet to watch anything on it through Sky.

Ooooo ... nice. I'll give that a go later

ETA - same for me :) although it still looks like I have to go into the On demand section to see it. Im guessing this means theres no actual advantage to paying for Netflix via Sky (other than potentially saving some money) and that it works the same even if you just login with an existing netflix account

Edited by Mr X

I just got it installed today. Almost two years after first ordering it.

Arsehole factors on a private development to blame with spurious objections. Dunedin Canmore/YourPlace (Edinburgh) -yes I am looking at you here.

Took us a while  to get them binned. Now they are gone, hey presto, install goes without a hitch.

Anyway, all is looking good. Looking forward to watching some football and films on ultra HD.

The layout is very different from HD, but I am sure we will get there soon enough. :)

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I am considering switching my broadband from Sky to another provider. I assume if I do this it will have no impact on Sky Q ie you don't need to have Sky broadband to use it do you?

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I am considering switching my broadband from Sky to another provider. I assume if I do this it will have no impact on Sky Q ie you don't need to have Sky broadband to use it do you?

No, unless you use the boxes as wifi extenders. That only works with Sky broadband. Normal watching tv, streaming, on demand etc works with any broadband

9 minutes ago, Mr X said:

No, unless you use the boxes as wifi extenders. That only works with Sky broadband. Normal watching tv, streaming, on demand etc works with any broadband

Thanks.

The Sky engineer did end up giving us a wifi extender when installing the min boxes in the bedrooms so will bear that in mind.

11 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Thanks.

The Sky engineer did end up giving us a wifi extender when installing the min boxes in the bedrooms so will bear that in mind.

Really? I thought the whole point of the Q and mini boxes was that they connected up and gave you wifi!

39 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Really? I thought the whole point of the Q and mini boxes was that they connected up and gave you wifi!

Yeah. I can't recall exactly but I'm sure he said the signal to the mini boxes wasn't strong enough or something like that.

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah. I can't recall exactly but I'm sure he said the signal to the mini boxes wasn't strong enough or something like that.

Fair enough. You might need to replace the wifi extender too then. 

Not specific to Sky but seems as good a thread as any. Seemingly you can now get the Ultimate on Demand package for just an extra £3 a month. I have the boxsets add-on so it's offering it to me for £2 a month. Seems a decent way to get Netflix.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sky-ultimate-on-demand-sky-box-sets-and-netflix-3258175

Not specific to Sky but seems as good a thread as any. Seemingly you can now get the Ultimate on Demand package for just an extra £3 a month. I have the boxsets add-on so it's offering it to me for £2 a month. Seems a decent way to get Netflix.
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sky-ultimate-on-demand-sky-box-sets-and-netflix-3258175
It seems to be account specific. I don't get this deal sadly.

1 hour ago, RiG said:
1 hour ago, Stu said:

It seems to be account specific. I don't get this deal sadly.

Seems it's only if you have Sky Q. I already had boxsets so it's given me Netflix for £2 a month which seems good to me :)

Seems it's only if you have Sky Q. I already had boxsets so it's given me Netflix for £2 a month which seems good to me
I've got Sky Q and boxsets as well but it doesn't show up for me sadly.

10 hours ago, RiG said:
10 hours ago, Stu said:

I've got Sky Q and boxsets as well but it doesn't show up for me sadly.

That's what I had. Had Boxsets and Netflix seperate.

Didn't show on the app but showed up under offers on Mysky on the internet. Was paying £5 for boxsets to Sky and £6 to Netflix for premium (Turkish payment thing).

Now taken £2 off my Sky bill and premium Netflix is included.

Everyon I've spoken to has the offer as long as they have Sky Q, so worth checking again or giving them a call.

11 minutes ago, blueone said:

That's what I had. Had Boxsets and Netflix seperate.

Didn't show on the app but showed up under offers on Mysky on the internet. Was paying £5 for boxsets to Sky and £6 to Netflix for premium (Turkish payment thing).

Now taken £2 off my Sky bill and premium Netflix is included.

Everyon I've spoken to has the offer as long as they have Sky Q, so worth checking again or giving them a call.

Hmm, had a look on the the internet but not the app. I'll check that now and see what's there. Need to give Sky a call and see if I can haggle to reduce my bill actually.

ETA: Nothing in the app either.

Edited by RiG