Sky Q

21 hours ago, Mr X said:

Ah, cheers

I was looking online

Me too until I searched for it specifically. Haven't really looked into it but think it just means a free film occasionally. 

Edited by welshbairn

• 2 months later...

Just taken up an offer for Sky Q.  £199 installation for the larger box but our bill is coming down £12 a month!  So over the 18 month contract period we will actually pay less.

First and only decent offer I have had from Sky without threatening to leave them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/03/2018 at 19:16, Granny Danger said:

Cheers.  Found it through trial and error!!!

I think thats how most people find it!

Has anyone worked out how to start a recording midway through? You used to be able to enter a number on the recordings screen and it would start xx minutes in

Anyone else have trouble with Sky Q voice sync?  I have a Samsung 4K tv, a Samsung soundbase plus the 2TB Sky Q box.  All of them have the ability to apply sound delay so I keep the soundbase and Sky box set to zero and adjust the TV output (as it has the smallest delay steps). Generally 40ms delay gets it about right on most programmes but occasionally it’s hopeless - often when there is an interview from a foreign correspondent on the news.  Soundbase is connected to tv via optical output and not through ARC.

10 hours ago, Tonsilitis said:

Anyone else have trouble with Sky Q voice sync?  I have a Samsung 4K tv, a Samsung soundbase plus the 2TB Sky Q box.  All of them have the ability to apply sound delay so I keep the soundbase and Sky box set to zero and adjust the TV output (as it has the smallest delay steps). Generally 40ms delay gets it about right on most programmes but occasionally it’s hopeless - often when there is an interview from a foreign correspondent on the news.  Soundbase is connected to tv via optical output and not through ARC.

Yes. I think its to do with the broadcast sound of the channel but I havent really taken the time to look into it. 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, FifeArab said:

IMG_0310.jpg
there’s a few people at work getting rid of sky now and heading to virgin media. A couple are buying a Now TV box with sky sports only for £33 a month or something.

I have just upgraded to Sky Q.  If they’ve lost La Liga I will be seriously pissed off.

My Dad and Mum have SKY Q ultra HD downstairs & I have the wee SKY Q box In my room.

What we’ve noticed Is example:

My dad Is taping the Formula 1 race and I put It on live upstairs for say 30 mins?

He puts the race on later and the recording automatically goes to 30 mins In.

19 hours ago, FifeArab said:

My Dad and Mum have SKY Q ultra HD downstairs & I have the wee SKY Q box In my room.

What we’ve noticed Is example:

My dad Is taping the Formula 1 race and I put It on live upstairs for say 30 mins?

He puts the race on later and the recording automatically goes to 30 mins In.

One of its big selling points is being able to stop watching in one room and continue in another. Of course, thats not much good if its not the same person watching!

There is a "watch from start" button on all recordings, tbf.

Although that still doesn't help if multiple people watch the same thing, with one person leaving it half-way through then another coming along and watching from the start.

It wouldn't surprise me if they introduce Netflix-style profiles in a future update.

• 4 months later...