Sky Q

3 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Stumbled across a promo from Sky yesterday....Discovery+ at no extra charge.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/discovery-plus?DCMP=tva-skycom:ec_discovery_plus

Well that's fucking annoying, I just paid for an annual subscription about an hour ago..:angry:

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Well that's fucking annoying, I just paid for an annual subscription about an hour ago..:angry:

On Sky? That would have me rather perturbed. One of my mates tells me he got it a while ago due to being a loyal Sky customer. I've been with them since 1990 and it's the first I've heard if it!! That c**t didn't even think if telling me!!

On 19/01/2023 at 16:11, welshbairn said:

I'm presuming you have bought an annual subscription direct as Sky only take monthly. You will be in cooling off so can cancel it, Discovery + is free to all Sky customers now so just have to reapply it through the MySky app.

Disney + is free for 6 months also through the MySky app, you need to remember to cancel it after the free period, if you have it already and are paying for it you still get it free for 6 months, not sure how long that offer will last.

5 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

I'm presuming you have bought an annual subscription direct as Sky only take monthly. You will be in cooling off so can cancel it, Discovery + is free to all Sky customers now so just have to reapply it through the MySky app.

Disney + is free for 6 months also through the MySky app, you need to remember to cancel it after the free period, if you have it already and are paying for it you still get it free for 6 months, not sure how long that offer will last.

Think it might be because I'd already used up the 6 free months of discovery plus with Sky, ran out last autumn.

Yes, that was a separate offer, it is now included free so if you have auto renewed direct with D+ you should be able to cancel, normally get 14 days cooling off, once cancelled re-add it via the app.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Think it might be because I'd already used up the 6 free months of discovery plus with Sky, ran out last autumn.

https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053336814-How-to-cancel-your-subscription#:~:text=Choose "Account" from the dropdown,Cancel" in the Plans section.