Sky Q

On 08/10/2021 at 10:29, welshbairn said:

Weird how they charge extra to pay upfront rather than in instalments.

Not really.

Someone taking it over 48 months is more likely to stay with Sky and have various package subscriptions throughout the 4 years than someone that pays upfront and can cancel their subscription, in theory, a month later.

More revenue.

Just a tip for anyone trying to connect an existing SkyQ minibox to a new telly. Been trying for ages, then found you can reset the box to factory settings by pressing "7" and "9" together on the remote. Pretty well instant success after that.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

How many different channels can I record/watch simultaneously on Sky Q? Does it depend on level of subscription?

Depends on the type of box you hire, at least 3 plus the one you're watching, up to 6 I think. Not sure about if you have a mini box as well.

Thanks for that....I was round in circles on Sky's website and couldn't find that!! No idea which box I got this year. I'd like to think it was the ultra HD but you never know with those incompetents.

2 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
Thanks for that....I was round in circles on Sky's website and couldn't find that!! No idea which box I got this year. I'd like to think it was the ultra HD but you never know with those incompetents.

There's a link on the help pages that shows you how to work out which box you have

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-software-updates

Edited by Mr X

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 19:12, Andy Dufresne said:

Looked into getting Sky Glass but the TV itself has no app store and you cannot download Disney+ or Youtube on it.

Surely they could have it in sky glass seeing as they are both currently in sky Q, strange one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Anyone else have issue where Sky Q isn't letting you download an episode on demand in SD even though that's what your settings are set as?

Got latest software and preferences are set to download next episode automatically.

For some reason some episodes aren't downloading of a particular series

14 hours ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:

Anyone else have issue where Sky Q isn't letting you download an episode on demand in SD even though that's what your settings are set as?

Got latest software and preferences are set to download next episode automatically.

For some reason some episodes aren't downloading of a particular series

I gave up trying and upgraded to HD. They probably make it tricky deliberately.

• 4 months later...

Not sure if this is the right place but Sky VIP rewards is back up and running fully again so loads of free tickets to matches.

Before lockdown I got tickets for a lot of games and have entered a few more for games nearby.

You log into the MySky App and check wht draws are available. A lot more down South tbf.

1056922778_Screenshot_20221109-140924_MySky.thumb.jpg.ffb3d2585a62f870e8df90ac2e23c249.jpg576700298_Screenshot_20221109-141007_MySky.thumb.jpg.c8cf729ad2361c7f9e328ee60c2452fe.jpg

Edited by eindhovendee
Remove duplicate pic

Not sure if this is the right place but Sky VIP rewards is back up and running fully again so loads of free tickets to matches.
Before lockdown I got tickets for a lot of games and have entered a few more for games nearby.
You log into the MySky App and check wht draws are available. A lot more down South tbf.
1056922778_Screenshot_20221109-140924_MySky.thumb.jpg.ffb3d2585a62f870e8df90ac2e23c249.jpg576700298_Screenshot_20221109-141007_MySky.thumb.jpg.c8cf729ad2361c7f9e328ee60c2452fe.jpg

Sounds like they give away a good amount of tickets if you managed to get to a lot of games? I've been with sky for years and never entered for anything before. Now you have me thinking I'm going to win everything I enter...