Sky Q

Been hoping someone else would get one so that I can ask them if it's worth it?

Thinking about it!

( Does the Q stand for Queens? First 3 posts are from QoS fans )

Im seriously considering it. I just have to decide whether to persuade Mrs X first or just order it  :lol:

Im seriously considering it. I just have to decide whether to persuade Mrs X first or just order it  :lol:

I see you operate the same as me in regards to telling the wife!

It's the age old tech dilemma of " do I need it " V " I want it "

Sorry, I'd do the research but I'm on my phone, what benefits does a Sky Q box give you?

They've recently put my bill up too and have been thinking of leaving depending on what they can provide in future.

Much bigger hard drive, record 4 programmes and watch a 5th, watch tv and recordings on a tablet, pause and resume stuff on other tvs/tablets, streaming music and pics from your phone and replaces multi-room with a wireless box that doesnt need cabled to the dish - up to 4 of them. Oh, and a completely revamped EPG and new bluetooth remote. Down the line, 4K

From what Ive read its a pretty big deal for them in terms of the investment thats gone into it and theres likely to be other stuff added too.

Just ordered it :)

Earliest install date is end of April :(

Because Ive been a customer for over 10 years, they knocked £100 off the installation :) :)

Did you phone them up to get the discount?

Still swithering about it :blink:

Edited by WILLIEA

Just had a look at my account and it seems I can get this for less than I'm paying just now apparently, although there will still be the £149 initial fee.

I was also thinking of leaving them so think I'll be on the phone to them shortly to see what sort of deal they can give me for this.

Just had a look at my account and it seems I can get this for less than I'm paying just now apparently, although there will still be the £149 initial fee.

I was also thinking of leaving them so think I'll be on the phone to them shortly to see what sort of deal they can give me for this.

How come? Are you paying for multi room?

May as well ask here in the event I get some decent advice and saves a call to Sky.

I recently bought a flat which, because the factors are robbing c***s, won't let me install my own satellite dish on the property so I get my Sky signal through a communal dish which is garbage because there is only one feed which can be connected to the Sky box (so you can't watch Sky Sports 1 and record something on Sky Sports 2).

I believe you can get a splitter cable to provide two feeds to the Sky box which might solve the issue but I've been quoted around £180 for this to be installed which seems like a total rip off. The guy who quoted me the price said that with Sky Q coming out (this was a couple of months ago) there is only one single feed to the box but you still have the ability to record X number of channels and watch another one at once. Personally I am sceptical but does anyone on here have an idea?

Cheers!

May as well ask here in the event I get some decent advice and saves a call to Sky.

I recently bought a flat which, because the factors are robbing c***s, won't let me install my own satellite dish on the property so I get my Sky signal through a communal dish which is garbage because there is only one feed which can be connected to the Sky box (so you can't watch Sky Sports 1 and record something on Sky Sports 2).

I believe you can get a splitter cable to provide two feeds to the Sky box which might solve the issue but I've been quoted around £180 for this to be installed which seems like a total rip off. The guy who quoted me the price said that with Sky Q coming out (this was a couple of months ago) there is only one single feed to the box but you still have the ability to record X number of channels and watch another one at once. Personally I am sceptical but does anyone on here have an idea?

Cheers!

It might be true but to install Sky Q you either need a new dish or a new LNB (the bit on the end) . You won't be able to just buy a Q box and solve your problems.

You're better off phoning sky, I would say.

Never heard of a splitter either. Sounds dubious