Title Race

NorthernLights

Find that surprising given the number of times Cove have applied to get into the league.

As I said, just a rumour, some overheard remarks from Cove blazers. They might have been on the wind up, it's a lot easier getting to League 2 games from Aberdeen than it is from Brora.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talk of travel is nonsense when Wick is so much further from Aberdeen than any league 2 side,they'll probably do less travelling in league 2 than what they'd do in the SHFL. Anyway may well be the wind up this,One,they've applied countless times for the SPFL,Two,I met a couple of Cove blazers last season in the Aul Fife in Banff before a game v Vale,got talking to them but found it was a waste of time as they nodded and winked there way through the convo,they think they're a cut above!!

I'd be very pleased if Cove won the HFL then eventually got promoted.  They've wanted it long enough, and I'm sure they'll be a welcome addition to the SPFL from other clubs travel-wise.  Dual carriageway all the way from the central belt. 

I'd be very pleased if Cove won the HFL then eventually got promoted.  They've wanted it long enough, and I'm sure they'll be a welcome addition to the SPFL from other clubs travel-wise.  Dual carriageway all the way from the central belt. 

All the best to Cove but I'm surprised the SPFL have said they can go up should they win the play offs given they have neither a ground nor a timetable for building one. The rules used to be a lot tighter.

East Stirlingshire haven't had a ground, nor anything amounting to a timetable for building one, since they left Firs Park almost a decade ago.

True, maybe I'm just bitter remembering how Falkirk were treated.

Cove chairman Keith Moorhouse saying in the P&J that Cove are 100% committed to going up and if they do they'll be playing out one of the Angus grounds!!!

The article says they're not allowed to groundshare with an HL club if they get promoted. I thought they'd already registered themselves at Harlaw Park in case they were. Wonder if that's SPFL or HL rules.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/highland-league/887758/cove-rangers-determined-to-make-it-to-the-spfl/

The article says they're not allowed to groundshare with an HL club if they get promoted. I thought they'd already registered themselves at Harlaw Park in case they were. Wonder if that's SPFL or HL rules.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/highland-league/887758/cove-rangers-determined-to-make-it-to-the-spfl/

Aye it all seems a bit weird WB,when Clyde groundshare with Cumbernauld,granted they get priority over Broadwood even though the Colts are primary tennents. Maybe there was pitch concerns and about getting games played at Harlaw Pk,Links Park with it's artificial surface must surely be favourite. The article mentions they've got plans in place,so can only think they've spoke to the above mentioned clubs.

True, maybe I'm just bitter remembering how Falkirk were treated.

Treated?

Falkirk could have spent money on getting a decent ground.  They didnt.  Teams like ourselves did and it almost crippled us.

Falkirks situation is very similar to Cove, apart from Cove saw the sense to get rid of their shit heap of a ground.

Plus Falkirk were spared relegation by default.

Treated?

Falkirk could have spent money on getting a decent ground.  They didnt.  Teams like ourselves did and it almost crippled us.

Falkirks situation is very similar to Cove, apart from Cove saw the sense to get rid of their shit heap of a ground.

Plus Falkirk were spared relegation by default.

Falkirk had already started building their new stadium and arranged groundshare when they were denied promotion in a vote where Motherwell, due to be relegated, in administration and being sued for illegally sacking 19 players, was allowed a say. Cove Rangers haven't even got planning permission yet.

Archived