Title Race

NorthernLights

Looks like 3 hard away games though? One Saturday then one Monday? Hope they do it though.

Monday at Deveronvale is an Aberdeenshire & District League game, aka U20s Development League.

Cove finish:

Sat 9th April - Fort William (A) - currently 17th

Wed 13th April - Clachnacuddin (A) - currently 14th

Sat 16th April - Turriff Utd (A) - currently 4th

although there talk of playing Fort at Lossiemouth.

Only game v Turriff looks potentially sticky.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall Cove deserved the win.  Formartine pressed for a equaliser in the final quarter of the game but they didn't create that many clear cut chances.

I hadn't been to a Cove game in a while and I'd forgotten what a bunch of insufferable wanks a few of their fans can be.  The ref makes one minor questionable decision regarding a throw in and they spend the rest of the game hounding him about it.  

Monday at Deveronvale is an Aberdeenshire & District League game, aka U20s Development League.

Cove finish:

Unlikely, but Cove could still hibs it. Clach beat Cove away in September, and Turriff can be difficult on their day. If they end up on equal points Brora's goal average is far better.

Unlikely, but Cove could still hibs it. Clach beat Cove away in September, and Turriff can be difficult on their day. If they end up on equal points Brora's goal average is far better.

Aye, I don't think it's done and dusted yet, either.

Cove finish:

Fort William v Cove today will be played in Lossiemouth. 

They'll be dancing in the streets of...err....Inverurie....Keith....Pitmedden..?

When they eventually get a new ground probably maybe possibly, will they change their name? Redmoss Rangers has a ring to it, eh? Very Hollywood.

When they eventually get a new ground probably maybe possibly, will they change their name? Redmoss Rangers has a ring to it, eh? Very Hollywood.

Nah,it'll be Calder Park Rangers after the name of the park they're building it in Aberdeen. If they get the point they need in Inverness midweek then I will congratulate them.Some achievement to win the league playing every game away from home!!!

Nah,it'll be Calder Park Rangers after the name of the park they're building it in Aberdeen. If they get the point they need in Inverness midweek then I will congratulate them.Some achievement to win the league playing every game away from home!!!

Bit of an advantage to be able to spend your money on players instead your ground though.

Bit of an advantage to be able to spend your money on players instead your ground though.

No arguing that point WB,they have undoubtedly fooked about with this new ground issue and before they did nowt much to improve Allan Park. I do believe however it is some achievement to win a league without a ground to call your own. Talking of home grounds,I will hopefully be back at Grant Street Park next season to take a game in,one of my friends hasn't been yet so we're talking bout heading up there,when I was there you were playing Strathy Jags and won 5-1. The new enclosure had'nt been built yet,may see you there WB.

No arguing that point WB,they have undoubtedly fooked about with this new ground issue and before they did nowt much to improve Allan Park. I do believe however it is some achievement to win a league without a ground to call your own. Talking of home grounds,I will hopefully be back at Grant Street Park next season to take a game in,one of my friends hasn't been yet so we're talking bout heading up there,when I was there you were playing Strathy Jags and won 5-1. The new enclosure had'nt been built yet,may see you there WB.

Hope so, off to Inverurie next Saturday for our final away match of the season.

Rumours circulating that Cove don't want promotion. Could be some urgent work and family commitments suddenly arising for Cove players.

Find that surprising given the number of times Cove have applied to get into the league.

Archived