The Basque & Galicia

Worktheshaft

I'm planning a trip around the north of Spain in June. Plan is to fly into Bilbao and spend 2 weeks travelling through the Basque and Galicia before heading south into Portugal. Anyone been and have any travel tips, places to see and stay etc?

I'm planning a trip around the north of Spain in June. Plan is to fly into Bilbao and spend 2 weeks travelling through the Basque and Galicia before heading south into Portugal. Anyone been and have any travel tips, places to see and stay etc?

Only been once. San Sebastion was nice if I recall.

The Galiceans consider themselves a celtic people and their music reflects this.

Not much help I know!

Was in San Sebastian on holiday about five years ago, lovely place. My wife was pregnant and sick with middle bairn so me and my two year old done loads of walking about, sightseeing, chilling at the beach etc, great restaurants (I mind something about most Michelin stars per head of population of something) and probably the most friendly locals I've ever met, everyone wanted to speak to my wee blonde daughter.

I've been to Bilbao before on a day trip and it was great too although I only seen the tourist stuff.

Archived