The Play-Offs 15/16

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you allowed to charge 2 different prices?

Thought both games were the same price

Clubs can charge relatively speaking whatever they want. Away club has no say. As long as the home fans and away fans aren't charged different pricing for equivalent accommodation, the SPFL set minimum charges are met and the SPFL are given half the gate receipts, the actual price charged beyond that is up to the home club. The prices weren't the same for you at Palmerston as they were for us at Falkirk when we met in the playoffs. Rangers charged £5 across the board for all tickets at last year's playoff but we charged normal league pricing.

Stubbs spouting his usual retoric after the game last night I see. Trying to pretend the pressure is all on Falkirk. 3rd place was our aim this season and anything else will be a bonus whilst anything less than 2nd for hibs will be a huge underachievement. Why dont any of these interviewers not ask Stubbs why his teams struggling to end up above a team with a third of the budget when he starts spouting that pish.

3rd place was our aim this season and anything else will be a bonus

It's easy saying that and logical to an extent but if Falkirk don't finish second now there will be a lot of disappointed fans.  The balance of pressure has shifted slightly more towards Falkirk after last night.

It's easy saying that and logical to an extent but if Falkirk don't finish second now there will be a lot of disappointed fans.  The balance of pressure has shifted slightly more towards Falkirk after last night.

The fact we've finished 3rd will soon be forgotten about though. Pressure would've been us needing a win to get in the playoffs. I'll be disappointed if we fail to beat Morton at home as I would anytime we play that fixture . However, if we win and queens dont turn up and we end up 3rd on goal difference then there's not much we can do and I'll be more disappointed with queens than with our own team.  Stubbs is putting out this couldn't care less attitude about finishing 2nd or 3rd but is expecting us to feel like finishing 3rd is the end of the world.

Guest Flash

Clubs can charge relatively speaking whatever they want. Away club has no say. As long as the home fans and away fans aren't charged different pricing for equivalent accommodation, the SPFL set minimum charges are met and the SPFL are given half the gate receipts, the actual price charged beyond that is up to the home club. The prices weren't the same for you at Palmerston as they were for us at Falkirk when we met in the playoffs. Rangers charged £5 across the board for all tickets at last year's playoff but we charged normal league pricing.

Are the SPFL not given 42.5% of the gate receipts? (100-15)/2

The minimum price this season is £12 (£6 concessions) for the QF and SF and £18 (£12 concessions) for the final.

Stubbs spouting his usual retoric after the game last night I see. Trying to pretend the pressure is all on Falkirk. 3rd place was our aim this season and anything else will be a bonus whilst anything less than 2nd for hibs will be a huge underachievement. Why dont any of these interviewers not ask Stubbs why his teams struggling to end up above a team with a third of the budget when he starts spouting that pish.

We are in a white position where we have to win our game and see what happens. The pressure is on falkirk to win and stay in second. It might have been the aim to finish third at the start but the position you are in now means it would be a massive blow if you don't finish second now.

The fact we've finished 3rd will soon be forgotten about though. Pressure would've been us needing a win to get in the playoffs. I'll be disappointed if we fail to beat Morton at home as I would anytime we play that fixture . However, if we win and queens dont turn up and we end up 3rd on goal difference then there's not much we can do and I'll be more disappointed with queens than with our own team.  Stubbs is putting out this couldn't care less attitude about finishing 2nd or 3rd but is expecting us to feel like finishing 3rd is the end of the world.

That's a fairly standard response I'd expect from a manager in Stubbs' position tbh.  Fwiw I'll be amazed if Hibs overturn the goal deficit.

I for one would certainly be disappointed if we come so close and don't make it but certainly not aggrieved. Great achievement even taking it to the last league game to battle out for 2nd with Hibs. We have also lost less league games than the free flowing total football blue behemoth that is The Rangers. If it wasn't for losing shitey equalizers then we would be right up there, but in the same vein if it wasn't for some our last minute equalizers we wouldn't be in contention at this point.

That's a fairly standard response I'd expect from a manager in Stubbs' position tbh.  Fwiw I'll be amazed if Hibs overturn the goal deficit.

Lets face it hes just trying to deflect away from the fact that any decent manager would have Hibs comfortable in at least 2nd place with the budget and facilities they have available.  3rd place would be far from a massive blow for us. It would simply make our chance of promotion a bit harder and it was always going to be a long shot anyway considering the fact that hibs or rangers and then an SPL side in the playoffs were always going to be tough to overcome. Huge achievement having got to this stage and lost half the games Hibs have and less than the actual champions.

Think most Falkirk fans would love second especially after Stubbs comments a month or so ago that if they won a certain game the gap would be far too big for us to mount a challenge! Apart from that 3rd place does not bother me at all. More football before the shut down and boring summer saturdays

Lets face it hes just trying to deflect away from the fact that any decent manager would have Hibs comfortable in at least 2nd place with the budget and facilities they have available.  3rd place would be far from a massive blow for us. It would simply make our chance of promotion a bit harder and it was always going to be a long shot anyway considering the fact that hibs or rangers and then an SPL side in the playoffs were always going to be tough to overcome. Huge achievement having got to this stage and lost half the games Hibs have and less than the actual champions.

I'll happily swap 2nd comfortably for 2 cup finals cheers.

Its far easier to do well in a cup than it is a league. Hughes took us to a cup final and we nearly got relegated. Even Pressley managed to get us to cup semi finals and yet never got us near competing for the league title. A real top manager shows his ability in getting the most out of his team over a league season and Stubbs has struggled to do that over the last two seasons.

Amazing to think of the excitement that this season still has left and yet it took the SFA so long to actually get play offs involved. A few years ago the league would have been done and dusted in early april

Archived