The Play-Offs 15/16

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That post is a little too chirpy and upbeat for the P&B Championship forum boab.

I know Pete finding the constant blinkered aggressive posts too negative on here. The bigger picture is we all have had a decent season. Bet we can all remember much worse seasons and it's easy to lose sight of it

Guest Back Post Misses

Can't remember a season like it to be honest where most clubs can take some optimism from it.

Aye Alloa even are getting a new pitch even though they have only managed to beat Hibs at home all season. I mentioned Hibs losing at Alloa but I think I got away with it.

It doesnt really. Facts:He got falkirk promoted.He kept them in the top league longer than any time in their historyHe reached the scottish cup final and the league cup semisHe left when you where in the top division after leading you out at hampden narrowly beaten by the champions who had 11 men on the oitch.Falkirk got relegated right after he leftFalkirk have never been back up.The guy is practically a god.

All of the above plus qualified for Europe for the first and only time in our history. Falkirk legend as a player and a manager.

We have sold players to keep the club alive initially and then to clear debt. We have also paid for the playing surface now. We have also sold to Norwich, Huddersfield and Sheffield Utd. Falkirk's model does not work without a player sale each season. That will mean at least one will will go out in the summer.

Falkirk have a few who will and are attracting attention. Vaulks, Grant, Sibbald, O'Hara and Gallacher would all bring in cash for the club tomorrow. I am sure that is also the plan for the lad from East Fife. Bring him in give him a platform and sell him on after one or two seasons.

When did Raith last sell anyone for decent money?

steve mcanespie £950000 a long time ago.

steve mcanespie £950000 a long time ago.

I remember that. Top piece of business. Back in those days Raith had a lot of good players that moved on like cameron and crawford for decent sums Unfortunately iain munroe i think it was pissed most of the cash down the drain on poor quality replacements.

Archived