The Play-Offs 15/16

It doesnt really. Facts:He got falkirk promoted.He kept them in the top league longer than any time in their historyHe reached the scottish cup final and the league cup semisHe left when you where in the top division after leading you out at hampden narrowly beaten by the champions who had 11 men on the oitch.Falkirk got relegated right after he leftFalkirk have never been back up.The guy is practically a god.

Absolutely obsessed. Either than or Hiya Yogi, Hiya Pal!

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You went right down after he left, correct? Diddy cups dont count sorry. How was jeffries league record before walking out?

Took us to 5th in the top league our highest position for many a year and only 6 points off 2nd top before he left. Standard in the top flight was far higher back then too compared to the dross that play in it now.

Guest Back Post Misses

You went right down after he left, correct? Diddy cups dont count sorry. How was jeffries league record before walking out?

Hughes Record - won 1 first division title and one b&q cup, best finish 7th, 4 years in premier league

Jefferies record - won two first division titles, two b&q cups, one relegation, best finish 5th, 3 years in premier league

I watched both managers build a team, dismantle one and rebuild another. I can bet you a fair bit of cash that nearly everyone who did the same would tell you the Jefferies era was way better than that of Hughes. 

That doesn't stop me thinking both are c***s mind you. 

Let's just fill Bambino in on a wee bit.

Yogi quit Falkirk in June 2009 after the biggest budget we ever gave a manager produced a 10th place finish and needed a last day win to stay up

In February 2011 the club were nearly £1m in debt and this was after massive cutbacks.

Yogi and Petrie simply hate each other also with Rod lovingly referring to him as "the plumber" Yogi was actually a painter.

Why Rod hired him confuses me to this day.

I thought yogi was a great servant to our club both as a player and manager

He was shitting himself coming back as Hibs manager, thankfully we got compo for a manager we were gonna sack anyway

Hibs fan mention diddy cups dont count...!!!

Good times under Yogi and bad times, first season in the SPL winning only 2 home league games and it took us till April to win our first, the last season where there was a huge divide between the management/players and fans, which took us the best part of 2 seasons to correct.

Jefferies era the best time and consistent, Yogi was fuked without Latapy whereas Jefferies wasnt without Stainrod, there lies all you need to know

I've never seen a manger sign as many duds as Yogi.

He seemed to work under the principal that if he signed 20 at least a few would be great.

For every Stokes he also signed a Barrett.

For every Schmeichel he also signed a Higgins.

I'd be quite keen to get away from the diddies love in of who is a good manager to get you promoted from the second tier of Scottish football (what an embarrassing discussion) and the merits of John Hughes and get back to the real question of who Kilmarnock are destroying in the play-off final. 

Having seen killie a few times this season i doubt they'll destroy anyone. Yes the might win but there not good enough to destroy any of the championship clubs. The killie fans i speak to when at games are far from confident about staying up.

I'd be quite keen to get away from the diddies love in of who is a good manager to get you promoted from the second tier of Scottish football (what an embarrassing discussion) and the merits of John Hughes and get back to the real question of who Kilmarnock are destroying in the play-off final. 

FB_IMG_1460737751157_zpskjmru0fl.jpg

Whatever happens in the play offs it's been a great championship season for most clubs and fans. Rangers win the league, the petrofac cup and potentially the Scottish cup while playing a decent brand of football. Falkirk easily in the play offs, potential promotion, 2 wins versus rangers and lost the least amount if games in the league. Hibs league cup finalists, potential Scottish cup winners and potential promotion. Raith on form a day easily into the play offs potential promotion. Morton expected to be on relegation dog fight but sitting top half of table and hard to beat. St mirren much improved under rae and can be optimistic for next season. Dumbarton part time club but picked up some good scalps this year and safe with games to spare. Qos despite player changes since last season were challenging for play offs much of this season. Livingston should make it through the play offs. That leaves only relegated alloa who have had a tough season but drawing with rangers at iron and beating hibs recently gives them optimism for next season under jack Ross. Whatever happens from now in its been a great league to be part of!

Archived