The Play-Offs 15/16

I wouldn't disagree with much of that (edit: HB's post that is). I never said Falkirk definitely won't be in the top league next season, the year after that or by any point.

What I said was that Falkirk won't be banking on a better opportunity any time soon, than the one they have right now.

If Hibs go up next season will probably be a better chance if we keep our team together. A realistic chance of winning the league plus the safety net of the playoffs.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Hibs go up next season will probably be a better chance if we keep our team together. A realistic chance of winning the league plus the safety net of the playoffs.

I hope yous do.

Falkirk should be a top flight club. They've been unlucky over the last few years, and sold off more than a few good players. Their attendances are brilliant for being consistently at this level over the last 5 years or so.

When Falkirk go up, they'll be back down within the next couple of years again.

They haven't been unlucky at all. How can you be unlucky by selling off your players? It's a choice not mandatory..? They have chosen to sell every one of their youngsters to Swansea every time they come sniffing around. They are down here because of their choices, not because of lack of luck.

And as for attendances, they don't decide who plays where in Scottish football. Pars have spent the last 3 years in the third tear despite having greater average attendances of at least a third of the premiership. Hibs are looking likely to spend a third year in the second tier despite having the fifth largest average attendance in the country. Don't encourage Falkirk fans to mention that in every one of their threads as they always do.

Should? Over who?

Over nobody at the moment. I reckon they'll bounce back over the next few years. It's more in terms of their stature. 

They haven't been unlucky at all. How can you be unlucky by selling off your players? It's a choice not mandatory..? They have chosen to sell every one of their youngsters to Swansea every time they come sniffing around. They are down here because of their choices, not because of lack of luck.

And as for attendances, they don't decide who plays where in Scottish football. Pars have spent the last 3 years in the third tear despite having greater average attendances of at least a third of the premiership. Hibs are looking likely to spend a third year in the second tier despite having the fifth largest average attendance in the country. Don't encourage Falkirk fans to mention that in every one of their threads as they always do.

Don't think there's anything wrong with calling them unlucky. They've done immensely well with their youths and have created a strong set up. But there have been other teams who've done similar, or put their way up. There's been a few teams who've been saved due to the set up in the top flight. St Mirren were quite bad for it. Similarly, you'd look at Killie and question how long they'll stay up. You're right about attendances. Time will tell with them. 

I think everyone is questioning you saying should? They are absolutely where they should be, just like everyone else in this league.

I understand. I'm not saying they deserve to be there with their current squad or that they should never have came down. It's more in terms of over a long term period. In the 12 years following Rovers, I've generally known them to be a top flight team and would expect them to work their way back up. 

What I said was that Falkirk won't be banking on a better opportunity any time soon, than the one they have right now.

Not sure about that. They're probably thinking if they don't get promoted this season they've a good chance of winning the league next season, especially if Hibs go up.

Guest Back Post Misses

Hibs or Kilmarnock will win the play offs IMO. Two key long term injuries will come back and kill us in the end. Don't get me wrong we will push Hibs hard but ultimately I think we will fall short, I hope I am wrong though.

Falkirk's chance to go up was when we had that nonce Holt in charge. We went top of the league after beating Dundee in mid January. He was then allegedly given the opportunity to invest in the team to get us up but chose to bring in a Celtic loanee at left back when we had arguably the best LB in the league and a 19 year old stick insect who took 2 months to get up to speed. Even then we missed out by only 2 points I think. Ritchie and his merry band then gave the c**t the scope to sign players when everyone and their auntie knew he was pissing off back to Norwich. He should have had that fuckin tattoo surgically removed by the lads in the south stand and shipped out on the first bus after we lost at Hamilton.

I mention this because I don't think next season will be a great chance to get out of the league.

McKinnon will be at Dundee Utd so they will be favourites. St. Mirren will improve, the filth are coming up and either Hibs or Kilmarnock will be there too.

This league is not getting any easier any time soon.

Guest Back Post Misses

We have sold players to keep the club alive initially and then to clear debt. We have also paid for the playing surface now. We have also sold to Norwich, Huddersfield and Sheffield Utd. Falkirk's model does not work without a player sale each season. That will mean at least one will will go out in the summer.

Falkirk have a few who will and are attracting attention. Vaulks, Grant, Sibbald, O'Hara and Gallacher would all bring in cash for the club tomorrow. I am sure that is also the plan for the lad from East Fife. Bring him in give him a platform and sell him on after one or two seasons.

When did Raith last sell anyone for decent money?

Guest Back Post Misses

I see Aiden Connelly telling the press he has had to get used to playing off second balls since he joined Raith. Here's me thinking they were Barcelona too. 😜😜

Archived