The Play-Offs 15/16

We have sold players to keep the club alive initially and then to clear debt. We have also paid for the playing surface now. We have also sold to Norwich, Huddersfield and Sheffield Utd. Falkirk's model does not work without a player sale each season. That will mean at least one will will go out in the summer.

Falkirk have a few who will and are attracting attention. Vaulks, Grant, Sibbald, O'Hara and Gallacher would all bring in cash for the club tomorrow. I am sure that is also the plan for the lad from East Fife. Bring him in give him a platform and sell him on after one or two seasons.

When did Raith last sell anyone for decent money?

I wasn't slagging Falkirk off for it as for a few years, I have wanted us to try and focus on youth to do exactly the same. We seem to have a really good crop of young players pushing through now. Matthews, Vaughan, Callachan, Bates etc. I wasn't having a go at Falkirk's way of doing things. I still wouldn't say you're down here because you've been unlucky though.

Our last player that we sold was only 2-3 months ago, Sean Mackie to Hibs which was reportedly between 30k and 50k, not sure when our last decent sale was though.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Aiden Connelly telling the press he has had to get used to playing off second balls since he joined Raith. Here's me thinking they were Barcelona too. 😜😜

Can I ask why you have such a massive problem with the Rovers. Ever since I joined this forum about 3 year ago, you have always had a problem with them. There isn't any rivalry between Falkirk and the rovers any more. So not sure where it's came from :lol:

When Falkirk go up, they'll be back down within the next couple of years again.

Uh huh. Not sure why you think this is a revelation champ.

That's exactly right. Falkirk will, almost certainly, both be promoted to and be relegated from the Premiership in the next 10 seasons. That's in the nature of being one of the clubs whose natural levels hovers at the bottom end of the top division and the top end of the second tier.

That said, the promoted team rarely goes down so quickly. It usually takes a few seasons to end up in the shitter. But it is pretty much inevitable. We'll be seeing Hamilton and Partick again pretty soon in the Championship. And St Mirren will be going back up in the next 5/6 seasons too.

Guest Back Post Misses

I wasn't slagging Falkirk off for it as for a few years, I have wanted us to try and focus on youth to do exactly the same. We seem to have a really good crop of young players pushing through now. Matthews, Vaughan, Callachan, Bates etc. I wasn't having a go at Falkirk's way of doing things. I still wouldn't say you're down here because you've been unlucky though.

Our last player that we sold was only 2-3 months ago, Sean Mackie to Hibs which was reportedly between 30k and 50k, not sure when our last decent sale was though.

We are not unlucky. We had a Board of Directors who had us an established top flight team and then lost the plot with delusions of grandeur the season before we went down. And then made on bad call after bad call for the next 3 or 4 seasons.

Guest Back Post Misses

Can I ask why you have such a massive problem with the Rovers. Ever since I joined this forum about 3 year ago, you have always had a problem with them. There isn't any rivalry between Falkirk and the rovers any more. So not sure where it's came from :lol:

I don't like any team apart from Falkirk. Don't take it personally. 😄

We are not unlucky. We had a Board of Directors who had us an established top flight team and then lost the plot with delusions of grandeur the season before we went down. And then made on bad call after another for the next 3 or 4 seasons.

Apologies again for taking Yogi off Falkirk and ruining them for the next 5 to 10 years.

We're definitely not unlucky to be in the second flight. Unlucky to have had clowns like George Craig running the club perhaps but then that was our own doing and noone elses. We have the facilities and crowds to maintain a long term top flight club but again its all about the correct decisions being made in the board room. We had 3 excellent seasons in the top flight based on a good model of signing promisding youngsters from down south and a few experienced pros which resulted in two 7th place finishes on the trot where we just missed out on top 6 by one result. These were done whilst still making a profit or at least breaking even. We then lost the plot and were lucky to scrape into 11th in our 4th season before relegation the season after. Two seasons which saw us lose money as Hughes and Craig moved away from the model which had worked so well previously. The chance was there to have falkirk as a long term top flight club but we basically blew it big style and as we all know its a lot harder to get out of the top flight than it is to get back in it. I can only hope that when we eventually get that chance again we dont make the same mistakes we did previously.

It wasnt Hughes leaving that ruined us he'd already started the rot. George Craig and the bod then accelerated that process.

Guest Back Post Misses

Apologies again for taking Yogi off Falkirk and ruining them for the next 5 to 10 years.

Hibs fan in arrogance shocker.

That had nothing to do with it. It was terrific he went. The choice of replacement was the issue.

Hibs fan in arrogance shocker.

That had nothing to do with it. It was terrific he went. The choice of replacement was the issue.

Where did he leave you when he left?

Where did you end up?

Most successful manager in falkirks history shown zero respect yet you love Houston, a guy who has achieved era zero.

He even got big Casper to play at Falkirk and kept you in the top league longest in your history. Mental the respect shown for the legend.

He signed Burton O'Brien. That says it all.

It doesnt really. Facts:

He got falkirk promoted.

He kept them in the top league longer than any time in their history

He reached the scottish cup final and the league cup semis

He left when you where in the top division after leading you out at hampden narrowly beaten by the champions who had 11 men on the oitch.

Falkirk got relegated right after he left

Falkirk have never been back up.

The guy is practically a god.

Most successful manager in falkirks history shown zero respect yet you love Houston, a guy who has achieved era zero.He even got big Casper to play at Falkirk and kept you in the top league longest in your history. Mental the respect shown for the legend.

An interesting understanding of history.

I'd say managers who have won the Scottish Cup (something Falkirk have actually achieved in the last 100 years - sorry Hibs) might just be higher in the pecking order.

Also we have been in the top league for many many more consecutive seasons than Hughes managed.

Other than that, good post.

We've been over all this before . He did very well for a few seasons and then lost the plot. We were on the way down hill the last season he was in charge after he signed a bunch of over the hill has beens. His record is the same at most clubs he manages. Good season or so and then it all falls apart and he gets the boot. The wheels are already starting to come off the bogey at ICT after a good couple of years. Christ he didnt even last two seasons in charge at Hibs. 

He kept them in the top league longer than any time in their history

Um, he didn't - not by a long chalk, clearly you have been too busy making tear stained posts on here to actually look into the historical accuracy of your post.

Shame you didn't as it would have stopped you looking like a twat. :thumsup2

Guest Back Post Misses

Where did he leave you when he left?Where did you end up?Most successful manager in falkirks history shown zero respect yet you love Houston, a guy who has achieved era zero.He even got big Casper to play at Falkirk and kept you in the top league longest in your history. Mental the respect shown for the legend.

We were well shot of the man. You were welcome to him.

Most successful Falkirk manager ever? What a minter

😂😂😂😂😂😂

He is not even the most successful manager in my life time.

Jim Jefferies won more than he did.

Um, he didn't - not by a long chalk, clearly you have been too busy making tear stained posts on here to actually look into the historical accuracy of your post.

Shame you didn't as it would have stopped you looking like a twat. :thumsup2

Sorry since the 60s then. The glory days.

We were well shot of the man. You were welcome to him.

Most successful Falkirk manager ever? What a minter

He is not even the most successful manager in my life time.

Jim Jefferies won more than he did.

You went right down after he left, correct?

Diddy cups dont count sorry.

How was jeffries league record before walking out?

Archived