Car Insurance - Cat D

RossC93

Basically I've bought a cheap Cat D on Gumtree and and I am now getting a garage to give it a look over.

I'll need to insure it to drive to the garage tomorrow but I've just called Direct Line for them to tell me that they won't insure it until it's been proven roadworthy. It will, of course, be roadworthy after I've paid for the repairs at the garage tomorrow but how can I take it there without cover?

Basically I've bought a cheap Cat D on Gumtree and and I am now getting a garage to give it a look over.

I'll need to insure it to drive to the garage tomorrow but I've just called Direct Line for them to tell me that they won't insure it until it's been proven roadworthy. It will, of course, be roadworthy after I've paid for the repairs at the garage tomorrow but how can I take it there without cover?

can the garage tow it to their place for you?

How far is the garage?

I'd suggest rolling the windows down, turning the heaters up and just chancing it.

Has the MOT on it actually expired? If it has a valid MOT then you should be able to get it insured, you can also drive without an MOT providing you are heading directly to a pre booked MOT.

Archived