West Super League

Stujay

Talbot will win the league with games to spare.

Probably around the 45/48 point mark.

Kilbirnie might be kicking themselves at a missed opportunity this season. They were the team I thought most likely to put up a challenge, but averaging a goal a game won't get you anywhere, so need a big change of luck in front of goal as defensively they look good enough to be title contenders.

Hurlford I don't think are as good as last few years and the Scottish will be a distraction

Pollok will get to mid 30 point mark, and our poor run of 1/9 points at the start of the seasons and 0/6 at home to Shettleston and KRR will be our downfall.

Rob Roy will suffer due to sharing a ground that is unplayable for 1/2 a season and will have too many games to play still come April with not good enough squad to cope.

Troon like Pollok will look at the odd couple of games that cost them.

That's a bold call. Bot have dropped the fewest points and have the leads of experience to draw on, so must be favourites, but imo it will go down to the last couple of games.

Talbot are the only team who are averaging 2 or more points a game.

That always stands you in good stead to be league champions.

The next best is around 1.7 a game, so quite a bit away from Talbot.

Nearly all teams except Meadow this year can beat each other, but Talbot will just have the bit better consistency IMO. They also have the carrot of needing to win the league to qualify for the Scottish or missing out for the first time in quite a while.

If someone is to challenge them I believe they need to put a 5 or 6 game winning run together and in that run one of the game to be against talbot. Not sure if anyone is capable of that this season.

Would obviously love to be wrong and see Pollok win their 5 remaining games and set a target for everyone to aim at, but I am realistic! And a smaller matter of a Scottish Semi might be a distraction.

It's a bit of a peculiar league this season in terms of one that nobody seems to want to win by nailing their place to a championship crown .

Lots of teams look the part and then have strange results , look at kilbirnie only a few months ago who looked like the real deal with fine form and going to beechwood and winning 0-1 ; they've fell away a little the last few weeks ; Talbot could be seen as favourites but that air of invincibility doesn't seem to be as prominent in comparison to the last several years.

Enter hurlford who must be favourites for me ï¸however scottish cup participation may hinder them.

Would be great to see a team who are quietly going about their business sneaking up the railings in the last few furlongs to secure our 2nd super premier championship although that's one helluva ask and would need to win practically every remaining game .

Not overawed by talbot or hurlford this season but troon and pollok have come on leaps and bounds. Kilbirnies position depends on finding someone who can score goals. Only troon have actually outplayed kilbirnie and they have goals in the team. Hard to say where krr will finish. They have screwed any pollok title ambitions I would say.

yeah, the away defeat was a blow considering our form going into the game. If we win the rest and get the points on the board then it will be tough for any team to catch up.....but I don't see us winning all 5 remaining games

You have already lost 6. Can't see you winning all remaining games either and talbot and Hurlford shouldn't slip up too many more times. You have still done better than expected and can still win the big one so nothing to loose sleep over.

yeah losing 6 is not a title winning season...especially in a 22 game league. Everyone is taking points of each other though so it's all still to play for!

Archived