Will Stubbs Survive?

Guest Back Post Misses

I said at the time Malonga should have been made to see out his contract. I was under the impression that Anier had to go because Utd wanted him back.

Still can't believe we let Malonga go. We could have done with him upfront in the last few games.

Heard Anier will be back next season with us.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he fails to win promotion he has to go, simple as that.

While the performances of their whole team have deteriorated massively I really think they'd have came out of those poor performances with far more points - perhaps enough to still have a slight realistic chance of catching Rangers - if they had a real goalkeeper instead of Oxley. He's obviously lightyears out of his depth at this level and he'll be doing extremely well for himself if he ever finds a full-time club again after he's punted.

Picking that utter clown ahead of Tomas Cerny last season :lol:

Hes incredibly lucky he's taken charge of Hibs at a point when the clubs hit rock bottom and is naturally on the rise again, they've a top six budget yet are still flailing about fighting for second with Falkirk

this is the first bit of sense ive seen in a long time, especially when other hibs fans were saying that a cup win is a better choice than promotion

Stubbs has not done well.

A cup win is indeed a far better choice for Hibs than promotion though. It requires a demented perspective to conclude otherwise.

I think the Championship will be a harder league next season so if Hibs don't get up this season there is no guarantee they won't be down there for 2 or 3 further seasons.

Next term I think Dundee Utd will be there, possibly Kilmarnock, Hamilton or Falkirk, and Dunfermline will be replacing no hopers Alloa. Really the only smaller team in the league will be Dumbarton and Livingston, when only a couple of seasons ago you had a quite a few in there making up the numbers.

Dundee Utd are a fairly big club but they are no Rangers. Kilmarnock are a decent sized club but they are no Hibs. Hamilton are no Falkirk. If Falkirk (or Raith) go up and Killie come down then there might be an argument that the Championship is harder next season. Otherwise, no, it wont be.

Dundee Utd are a fairly big club but they are no Rangers. Kilmarnock are a decent sized club but they are no Hibs. Hamilton are no Falkirk. If Falkirk (or Raith) go up and Killie come down then there might be an argument that the Championship is harder next season. Otherwise, no, it wont be.

It depends how much United are willing to spend, they seem on course to lose half their current squad, which leaves a massive amount to play with.

It depends how much United are willing to spend, they seem on course to lose half their current squad, which leaves a massive amount to play with.

same can be said about hibs, i have absolutely no clue about their finances and would never try to say otherwise, but surely they didnt even budget for a 3rd season in the championship, you could argue they budgeted for 2 given the competition last season though but surely not 3

same can be said about hibs, i have absolutely no clue about their finances and would never try to say otherwise, but surely they didnt even budget for a 3rd season in the championship, you could argue they budgeted for 2 given the competition last season though but surely not 3

Did Rangers budget for two seasons in the championship?

Doubt any clubs budget years in advance anyway so it's a pretty stupid point. Our finances will be rock solid I'd imagine - we wouldn't be spending 6 figures on transfer fees if we were going to end up in trouble if we don't go up immediately after. We must've made more than most Premiership clubs this season anyway from cup runs including 2 sell-out derbies, so think it's safe to say you can all put the tissues away for now 8)

Always makes me laugh when I read the posts from the business experts on here.

For as long as there's a possibility of spending a 3rd season in this division the board will have spent a lot of time considering the financial implications of doing so.

Just because some boys on here can't plan their finances beyond the next payday doesn't mean a multi million pound business is as careless.

United, according to their chairman, had the third highest budget in the Country this season. My point was that they may maintain that for the first season in a push to spend as little time in the Championship as possible. Meaning once again Hibs will be, at least, second favourites for promotion.

United, according to their chairman, had the third highest budget in the Country this season. My point was that they may maintain that for the first season in a push to spend as little time in the Championship as possible. Meaning once again Hibs will be, at least, second favourites for promotion.

They may well be. But it still wont be a harder Championship, which was my point. However much United spend they are a downgrade on Rangers.

No danger Thompson won't cut back after they go down. No danger.

Did we budget for a third year in this league? I would say with a guy like Petrie as Chairman the answer to that would be a yes - as soon as Cammy Bell let that ball squirm over him for Motherwells first at Fir Park last season. With Rangers and their budget in the league this season it was always going to be a tough ask and the lottery of the playoffs isn't something the guys at the top of our club would gamble with.

It won't be good but it won't be a financial disaster as predicted either money wise. On the park and in the stands it might just well end up a bit of a disaster.

They may well be. But it still wont be a harder Championship, which was my point. However much United spend they are a downgrade on Rangers.

With no Rangers financially dwarfing every last club in the division next season it might be closer but definitely not harder to win the league next season.

As we well know its not always the size of the budget but how you use it. Sevco obviously had a much bigger squad than anyone else last season but still failed miserably to get promoted. Hearts on the other hand were a country mile ahead of everyone else with a budget smaller than sevco and I certainly wouldnt think it was 21 points bigger than hibs although I'm sure hibs fans would be able to confirm how the two budgets compared last season. For a club like ourselves I would suggest that competing with the likes of Dundee United and their budget over a league season certainly wont be any much easier than this season as at the end of the day we will need whoever is managing their side to make a bit of a horlicks of it like Stubbs has so far this season to give us a decent chance.  One thing that does stick in the throat though is to see cheats like Hearts and Sevco rising back up to the top flight after leaving financial mayhem behind them whilst clubs who look after their finances like ourselves and Hibs etc are stuck in the championship. Who says that cheats never prosper?

Very true, Rangers where a basket case under McCoist and the hearts situation was unique in the way that they had prepared a season to go down and Levein was probably preparing about 3 or 4 months before he took over building a side to compete in the championship, they also had a feel good factor of surviving and new owners at it all uniquely went their way. Us on the other hand had no plan at all for relegation, support was completely dwindling and against the board and Stubbs came in about a month before the season began with no squad or management team at all. Still - that is no excuse for this season where I think we have had to many fingers in different pies and it's caught up with us massively. Remember we still have two games in hand over Falkirk and a match against each other at Easter Road so it's still all to play for but extremely disappointing it's all ifs and buts with the bairns instead of the **** none the less.

Other part I agree completely. Hearts and Rangers go on about crowds a lot but their support has seen plenty success based on spending money they didn't have and ignoring other aspects of the club until they went down the shitter. We are ran well, completed stadium and training ground but we neglected the playing side of it, had no or little success and it's a miracle after years of being patient and building for the future we still have a really good core support especially after where we find ourselves now. Falkirk too. They've invested first on the stadium then the structure of the club when others spunked cash to make the top league. I hope you boys genuinely go up if we don't and if not I'll have an interest in the championship next year if we go up because it would be good to see Falkirk at the top table again.

Archived