Will Stubbs Survive?

Guest Back Post Misses

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Championship will be a harder league next season so if Hibs don't get up this season there is no guarantee they won't be down there for 2 or 3 further seasons.

Next term I think Dundee Utd will be there, possibly Kilmarnock, Hamilton or Falkirk, and Dunfermline will be replacing no hopers Alloa.  Really the only smaller team in the league will be Dumbarton and Livingston, when only a couple of seasons ago you had a quite a few in there making up the numbers.

Although if Hamilton or Kilmarnock are in the league then it means Hibs or Falkirk will have gone up at their expense.

I don't think he should get the sack if they don't go up, there will surely be SPL interest in some of their top players so holding on to them will be the biggest issue for them rather than replacing managers.

Swapping Malonga and Anier for Stokes and Dagnell is a bit of a strange one. Always liked Malonga as he has the ability to do things a wee bit out of the ordinary and Anier looked decent when given a chance and has done okay since going back to DU. Dagnell looks poor to say the least and whilst Stokes can still finish he doesn't look half the player he was when with us. Certainly doesn't seem to have the same pace or ability to skin players as he did back then.

Swapping Malonga and Anier for Stokes and Dagnell is a bit of a strange one. Always liked Malonga as he has the ability to do things a wee bit out of the ordinary and Anier looked decent when given a chance and has done okay since going back to DU. Dagnell looks poor to say the least and whilst Stokes can still finish he doesn't look half the player he was when with us. Certainly doesn't seem to have the same pace or ability to skin players as he did back then.

I think we really miss Malonga but as Bambino said in here it was for family reasons that he wanted to head back to Italy. Would have loved to have seen him stay till the end of the season but i think we done the right thing by him allowing him to leave.

Stokes has been poor so far but he's scored 3 in his last 2. If he scores the goals that take us up then his second spell with us will have been a success.

Archived