Will Stubbs Survive?

Guest Back Post Misses

Guest Back Post Misses

Hibees

If Hibs don't get up and don't win the cup (say lose the semi, or get thrashed in the final again) will Subbs lose his job?

Pandemonium

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He will.

I thought it was poor man management to hook Cummings immediately after missing that chance, but Stubbs seems to be a decent coach, has an eye for a player, and has them organised. 

Whether they get promoted or not, who can say - but they'll get to the cup final.  Both Celtic and Rangers are beatable too.  I f he can bring The Scottish Cup to Lochend, it'll be a question of 'will they be able to keep him?'  The answer to that one will be no.

I think the Championship will be a harder league next season so if Hibs don't get up this season there is no guarantee they won't be down there for 2 or 3 further seasons.

Next term I think Dundee Utd will be there, possibly Kilmarnock, Hamilton or Falkirk, and Dunfermline will be replacing no hopers Alloa.  Really the only smaller team in the league will be Dumbarton and Livingston, when only a couple of seasons ago you had a quite a few in there making up the numbers.

If they lose in the playoff finals it would be harsh to sack him. On another note they could easily be in two cup finals which has to be considered a successful season.

His job is to get us promoted. If he fails it's anything but a successful season.

I think the Championship will be a harder league next season so if Hibs don't get up this season there is no guarantee they won't be down there for 2 or 3 further seasons.

Next term I think Dundee Utd will be there, possibly Kilmarnock, Hamilton or Falkirk, and Dunfermline will be replacing no hopers Alloa.  Really the only smaller team in the league will be Dumbarton and Livingston, when only a couple of seasons ago you had a quite a few in there making up the numbers.

We're not here to make up the numbers, cunto.  Two 7th place finishes and a 5th place finish has us comfortably in the mid-table jobbers bracket  8) .

Archived