Falkirk v Ferrantl Thistle

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hes the kind of player weve been needing though. Can be frustrating but can also be brilliant . Weve got lots of players who are consistant but sometimes you need a player thats a bit different.

Yeah but that's not the kind of form that gets you to bigger things than the SPFL Championship, he's a bit player who is ok if you've the team that can afford the luxury of only getting the odd good performance from him. I really can't see him being any better than he is just now, just isn't consistent enough to own a regular starting place.

Well played Livi. You stopped us scoring by packing the defence and took your few chances very well. Oh Bairdy what a terrible day you had. Missed at least two sitters with one being of the Cummings variety! Who in their right mind let him take that penalty? He could not hit his own Arse with a banjo today

Well played Livi. You stopped us scoring by packing the defence and took your few chances very well. Oh Bairdy what a terrible day you had. Missed at least two sitters with one being of the Cummings variety! Who in their right mind let him take that penalty? He could not hit his own Arse with a banjo today

Can't disagree with your any of your post but at least the guy had the balls to step up to be fair.

A bad day for him and us alike

Yeah but that's not the kind of form that gets you to bigger things than the SPFL Championship, he's a bit player who is ok if you've the team that can afford the luxury of only getting the odd good performance from him. I really can't see him being any better than he is just now, just isn't consistent enough to own a regular starting place.

I couldnt care less about what hes like at another level aslong as hes a decent squad player to help get us out of this league.

I couldnt care less about what hes like at another level aslong as hes a decent squad player to help get us out of this league.

Might do a turn for you in the play offs, he was a key player on the left wing for us winning the Petrofac cup last season, scored in just about every game to get us to the final and set up the first goal in the final too. Plays best in big games and the play offs will be like cup games to him.

White has scored 20 odd goals at Livi, yeah Hippo is a better player.

Not kidding you about Hippo, he'll have the odd good game and sucker you into thinking he'll be a great player but it'll eventually sink in that he's missing something in his game that stops him from living up to expectation.

Mostly against pub teams......

I mustve missed the one yard tap ins......get a grip

That was an infuriating performance from us. After last week's comeback and the chance to extend our lead in 2nd we should have come flying out the blocks, but started slowly and at no point in the match showed the kind of urgency needed to break down a stubborn Livi side.

First half was fairly devoid of action and it's a telling factor that we had just the single shot on target, although it was a well saved effort. Baird missed two chances early in the second half. The first a header from a corner, which I felt he should have at least put on target, and the second was a difficult chance after good work down the line from

Alston.

I praised Houston's subs last week, but today I felt he got it wrong. I didn't have an issue with the personnel, as Muirhead deserved to be hooked. But I felt the obvious switch was Vaulks, a defender by trade, to RB instead of Alston. After that and Hippo coming on, we lost any semblance of a formation and seemed to just be pumping balls into the area. A tactic which Livi dealt with fairly comfortably. Your fans seem to have beef with Cole, but I felt he was comfortable today, aside from being a bit dirty.

Going forward Livi offered very little for the most part, but their two counter attacks for the goals were clinical and everything we lacked today. Absolutely no complaints about them snatching the points. I chucked it at 2-0, so I'm not in any position to comment on our goal or the penalty incident. We didn't deserve a point today and tbh, it still would have been a poor result given the circumstances.

All in all, it was a poor team performance with few players coming out with pass marks. Baird showed his usual endeavour, but it's disappointing to see him miss a pen (first miss of the season?). Watson was reasonably solid and was one of the few to actually show some drive and ambition to get forward, despite playing CB. Beyond that I'm struggling to name any of our players that had a significant impact on the match.

A big let let-down from last Friday, but I suppose that's the old 'expect the unexpected'. In a sense we still have the edge over Hibs, as we've got the points on the board. But the advantage probably has shifted back to them. Today wasn't a bottle job, as it wasn't a nervous performance, it was just a shocker.

Matthew Knox? Think he's come on as a sub against St Mirren when we were 4-1 up and also as a sub in a cup game v Morton. Can't get anywhere near the team so can't be anything special, at least just now anyway. It wouldn't surprise me if he's being hyped up by his dad or something.

Matthew Knox? Think he's come on as a sub against St Mirren when we were 4-1 up and also as a sub in a cup game v Morton. Can't get anywhere near the team so can't be anything special, at least just now anyway. It wouldn't surprise me if he's being hyped up by his dad or something.

He was being hyped up by my dad anyway, he assumed it was the guy playing off the striker who turned out to be Charlie Telfer.

Archived