Ayr United v "Blu" Stranraer

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that annoyed me was the way McCall was celebrating at the end, it was when the players had left the pitch and he turned to the stand and was gesticulating like Ayr had won the freaking league. It was embarrassing

and how did you celebrate?

Guest honestrae95

Bottom line anytime you take pleasure out of beating us in a league fixture it means two things:-

1/ We must be punching above our weight  for you to view beating us as an achievement.

2/ You must be struggling given we are in the same league. Bottom line Ayr Utd should be a league above Stranraer given the vast difference in catchment areas. 

Stranraer 4th in Division 1 and Ayr Utd 3rd. Only an idiot wouldn't be able to see which team is meeting and exceeding expectations and which team is having a mare in the grand scheme of things.   

post-34041-14402746140828_thumb.jpg

Never seen a team sitting 3rd in the league, and at home playing time wasting for most of the second half.

How much you pay the ref?

post-34041-14322353644444_thumb.jpg

Guest honestrae95

Yep Sure Ayrs 11 players and the Ref made a great team . Most bias refereeing I have seen for years, this is not sour grapes,for in my opinion don't matter how much of the game a team has its goals that count.

post-34041-14322356137677_thumb.jpg

The ref was poor ( against both sides) But thats no excuse We threw it away by not changing from 1 up front to 2 early enough ,a bad error gave ayr the win ,Buts thats football,We are not getting carried away and I hope Ayr are not either on that display

Take a look at highlights brought down from the back. Just watch the expressions on the faces of your fans behind the goals, that tells it all.

2 sonewallers ref was diabolical , and bias for Ayr...of course you won't agree? But you were outplayed for about 2 thirds of the game. You did get chances when Stranraer were pushing up ,to try and claw back our goalies error, and overcome refs terrible decisions. Highlights miss out incident when big Mark lobbed your keeper and was pulled back by his shirt.

obviously a better gaffer. #Dignified

Dignity and McCall don't really go hand in hand.

His gestures at the end were no doubt done to wind up Stranraer fans as much as they were to celebrate his own teams victory.

Something he's tried to do for years.

Wouldn't be hypocritical and complain about him as I'd love to have done the same had we won.

Now that I'm home I can put a level opinion out. That was a good game. Really enjoyed it. Thought Stranraer were worth the win.

Ayr are close to being good. They need a finisher. The number of chances they squandered was ridiculous.

Good game. Loved every minute of it.

Oh and LOL at McCall

some gaffer but. Inherited a fucking zero and quickly

Moved it forward. Got a bit complicated lately but glad to see he's showing the fans he's still at it even if his players are giving the impression they're not. All part of his grand vision. Well done Ian

I didn't realise Ayr were in Blue/Purple until the second goal :lol:

Scrappy affair but an important win for McCall and his charges.

What was the away keeper all about?

Is he a coach that got called in on an emergency or something?

2 sonewallers ref was diabolical , and bias for Ayr...of course you won't agree? But you were outplayed for about 2 thirds of the game. You did get chances when Stranraer were pushing up ,to try and claw back our goalies error, and overcome refs terrible decisions. Highlights miss out incident when big Mark lobbed your keeper and was pulled back by his shirt.

Any comment on the incident where your defender took ages to clear a ball in your own box and ended up kicking Trouten who had beaten him to it? Seem to remember you got a free kick out of it when technically it should have went the other way. Referee was pretty even although he did let you away with a blatant handball first half. Once again Thomas you fail to acknowledge we had half a team missing and did our best in tough circumstances to get a result. Hopefully we meet you in the play offs with a full team out as it would be a non event,

looks like the ayr plan of signing up what they thought were the best players in the division for 2 years to win automatic promotion has not worked, So looks like we will be playing them 4 times next year (unless we gain promotion through the playoffs)

looks like the ayr plan of signing up what they thought were the best players in the division for 2 years to win automatic promotion has not worked, So looks like we will be playing them 4 times next year (unless we gain promotion through the playoffs)

Who are the players?

One thing that annoyed me was the way McCall was celebrating at the end, it was when the players had left the pitch and he turned to the stand and was gesticulating like Ayr had won the freaking league. It was embarrassing

Dignity and McCall don't really go hand in hand.

His gestures at the end were no doubt done to wind up Stranraer fans as much as they were to celebrate his own teams victory.

Something he's tried to do for years.

Wouldn't be hypocritical and complain about him as I'd love to have done the same had we won.

A group of McCall's pals were in the stand and the Boardroom after the game, I presume he was gesturing at them rather than the Stranraer fans.

Archived