Ayr United v "Blu" Stranraer

Just watched the highlights,Troutens goal was a cracker,always seems to score against us and one of those things with Cammy for the second,it happens,wouldn't criticise him as he has been fantastic for us since January,looked a decent game with both teams having chances,still every chance of the playoffs but no relegation worries so the rest of the season can be enjoyed,if we get to the playoffs so be it.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today sums up what I've thought most of the season and that's there's very little between teams bar, Dunfermline and Peterhead.

Stranraer better team for the first fifteen minutes. Poor defending gave Ayr their first goal, a great finish all the same. Gibson not strong enough in a 50/50, Ayr keep the ball alive and Stranraer don't seem to pick up, with Dick being left with two at the back post, one being Trouten who finished well.

Don't recall Belford having to do much else in the first half. Unfortunates the same could be said for the Ayr goalkeeper. Reid got it wrong today. Asked too much of McGuigan to do it all on his own. Midfield never their to support him.

Second half Ayr played some better stuff creating a few better chances. Belford making a terrific stop from a one on one. Horrible play from the same man cost us the second goal at a time in the game we had a real chance of getting back in it.

Don't want to be too critical has he's been excellent for us so far and showed some of that with a great save to his top left in the 90th minute.

Changing to two upfront gave us a bit more joy, Longworth had a great chance to square things up at the last, a lack of confidence and maybe game time probably partly to blame for the miss.

Not a great view of the penalty to shout in the first half. Looked like one of those that was neither a foul, nor a dive. Hard to tell.

Decent 3 points today I a fairly at times enjoyable game. Stranraer the better team early on with no cutting edge (why no Longworth or Malcolm who always score against us?) Great goal from Trouten who looked like one of the few keen to get the ball down and play and after that you could see the confidence grow. Preston should have buried a second but when it did come it was a good calm finish from Mick though they really shot themselves in the foot. A couple of times previously the keeper over played it when all he had to do was clear his lines. Ridiculous goal for us to concede.

I would have been raging at the ref if I'd been an away fan today. Thought there was at least one stone waller and you know what kind of game the refs having when he's clapped off at half time by the home fans.

Time to rest Stevo and a couple of others in the next few games and give some of the youngsters a start.

Decent 3 points today I a fairly at times enjoyable game. Stranraer the better team early on with no cutting edge (why no Longworth or Malcolm who always score against us?) Great goal from Trouten who looked like one of the few keen to get the ball down and play and after that you could see the confidence grow. Preston should have buried a second but when it did come it was a good calm finish from Mick though they really shot themselves in the foot. A couple of times previously the keeper over played it when all he had to do was clear his lines. Ridiculous goal for us to concede.

I would have been raging at the ref if I'd been an away fan today. Thought there was at least one stone waller and you know what kind of game the refs having when he's clapped off at half time by the home fans.

Time to rest Stevo and a couple of others in the next few games and give some of the youngsters a start.

What sonewaller are you on about? The McGuigan obvious dive?

The ref was poor ( against both sides) But thats no excuse We threw it away by not changing from 1 up front to 2 early enough ,a bad error gave ayr the win ,Buts thats football,We are not getting carried away and I hope Ayr are not either on that display

It honestly felt like déjà vu when Preston was one on one with the keeper and fluffed it. Then Stranraer broke away and thankfully it didn't result in a goal. It felt like the Jan game down at Stranraer all over again when he missed a one on one and then Longworth scored down the other end. The boy doesn't seem to like one on ones

What sonewaller are you on about? The McGuigan obvious dive?

No there was a pull on a shirt just after that that was given our way when most around me, in the stand, thought it was a penalty.

Was at the game saw no stonewall penalty watched the highlights twice still see nothing remotely like a penalty.

2 sonewallers ref was diabolical , and bias for Ayr...of course you won't agree? But you were outplayed for about 2 thirds of the game. You did get chances when Stranraer were pushing up ,to try and claw back our goalies error, and overcome refs terrible decisions. Highlights miss out incident when big Mark lobbed your keeper and was pulled back by his shirt.

2 sonewallers ref was diabolical , and bias for Ayr...of course you won't agree? But you were outplayed for about 2 thirds of the game. You did get chances when Stranraer were pushing up ,to try and claw back our goalies error, and overcome refs terrible decisions. Highlights miss out incident when big Mark lobbed your keeper and was pulled back by his shirt.

post-61979-14590357986721_thumb.jpg

Anyone got any idea why Robertson lost his shit at full time :lol:

about the ref....I think he is a bully victim cunto who doesn't have a clue tbh (the players thought he was quite good over the course but was harsh on Stranraer)

Personally I thought it was a shitemare of a game with a great goal from Trouten and two horror's.

Stranraer came looking for a draw and hoping for a bonus. The goal they got was really the bonus, we were rank at times today and Stranraer could really only match us during those points and were basically swinging like a drunk man rather than creating anything.

Basically

Half arsed class > Fat folk

lol ffs

Archived