Ayr United v "Blu" Stranraer

.... an agenda against Mr Reid,what's the script ?

As far as I can see, it's the same old, same old. Reid isn't Stevie Aitken. Reid isn't 

an ex-player for Stranraer with a long well-loved stint at the club. 

And a kind of misery-faced sense of misplaced entitlement about where our club 'should' be.

The 2 seasons before this one were wonderful times for me supporting Stranraer. 

Times change, people come and go. 

I called for Reid's head in late December. I see no particular reason to do so now, 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I can see, it's the same old, same old. Reid isn't Stevie Aitken. Reid isn't 

an ex-player for Stranraer with a long well-loved stint at the club. 

And a kind of misery-faced sense of misplaced entitlement about where our club 'should' be.

The 2 seasons before this one were wonderful times for me supporting Stranraer. 

Times change, people come and go. 

I called for Reid's head in late December. I see no particular reason to do so now, 

No quite. Keith Knox one of the finest to represent the club, great player, long servant. I wasn't a great fan of him as manager.

It must come down to expectations. Mine are obviously higher than yourself and a few others on here. This won't stop me from attending or getting behind the team on the park.

No quite. Keith Knox one of the finest to represent the club, great player, long servant. I wasn't a great fan of him as manager.

It must come down to expectations. Mine are obviously higher than yourself and a few others on here. This won't stop me from attending or getting behind the team on the park.

As a matter of interest what are your expectations?

That's what I was going to ask too. We're a part time club from a town of 11,000 people with a sparse hinterland and we do well to keep crowds around 400 or above. To add to that we lost our manager, his assistant, and 12 players during the summer. I was always going to be happy with a mid season performance this season (always hope for more!) and we look likely to do that and we still have a chance of the play offs.

Play offs is good achievement but it's what accompanied it.

Before Christmas we had negative tactics, refusal to play best team, in house fighting, publicly outing players.

It took for a meeting with players to turn things around. This saw a change in tactics but, recently seem to have reverted back to ways of old.

Believe the meeting only came about because Reid was probably concerned for his future.

Saturday the whole ground could see one up front wasn't working apart from the manager until it was too late.

Reid also been very wasteful with resources. Look at the signings of Brennan, Keenan, Schmidt, Rowan and Nequecaur. Not one of these players was good enough. Waste of time for both the club and the players alike. I appreciate its not going to work out for every player but that's too many when you are working with a small squad.

So based on the above I expect; a team that's put out to go and win games, someone who plays their strongest team, someone who doesn't publicly ridicule his players, someone who can address problems with players rather than dropping them and lying about injuries, someone more astute with signings.

As I've previously mentioned we've no God given right to be in any position but the foundations of a good team where there. A good manger would progressed us. Watching week in week out I'd say we've went backwards.

You would think Stranraer were the first team to have ever had a meeting.

These happen at all clubs at points in the season whether things are good or bad

You would think Stranraer were the first team to have ever had a meeting.

Certainly not but, must of had some significance when players felt the need to talk about in the papers.

If it was run of the mill I'm sure nobody would of batted an eye lid.

Certainly not but, must of had some significance when players felt the need to talk about in the papers.

Um, OK.... so you do  have an agenda, and the script is to drag everything neg you can think of, add some invention,

and there you have it. 

My expectations for this season, given the upheaval at the end of last, was, well, I wasn't really sure. I didn't expect an immediate resumption of gubbing Dunfermline several times a season, or yet again making Ayr look like tired donkeys. And yes, I was unimpressed with several of the signings, the names you mention. But how about the names you've accidently forgotten who've done really well? And the kids that he's been very willing to have their chances in the 1st team.

Now, I'm  fine with us having reached 4th. If we go into the playoffs, and do well... great.

If we finish 5th, well OK..... something to build on. 

Certainly for next season, something must be done about the low scoring rate.

Ah your at it again Beefybake , trying to cause an argument ,firing accusations around and trying to say that anyone with a realistic view on our team is being negative , you are obviously unable to simply talk football ( perhaps because you rarely see our team play ) and prefer character assassination of people you know nothing about ..

Ah your at it again Beefybake , trying to cause an argument ,firing accusations around and trying to say that anyone with a realistic view on our team is being negative , you are obviously unable to simply talk football ( perhaps because you rarely see our team play ) and prefer character assassination of people you know nothing about ..

Back in your box, intelligent discussion going on here.

Your fighting a tough battle mate. We've had more than our fair share of joker managers and Reid was one of these yet any question or criticism at the time was jumped up. I wonder where they all are now and what did they ever achieve in the game since. Supporting the club is far more important and quite correct to ask questions of people who are passengers or there because of someone else's shit decision making.

Play offs is good achievement but it's what accompanied it.

Before Christmas we had negative tactics, refusal to play best team, in house fighting, publicly outing players.

It took for a meeting with players to turn things around. This saw a change in tactics but, recently seem to have reverted back to ways of old.

Believe the meeting only came about because Reid was probably concerned for his future.

Saturday the whole ground could see one up front wasn't working apart from the manager until it was too late.

Reid also been very wasteful with resources. Look at the signings of Brennan, Keenan, Schmidt, Rowan and Nequecaur. Not one of these players was good enough. Waste of time for both the club and the players alike. I appreciate its not going to work out for every player but that's too many when you are working with a small squad.

So based on the above I expect; a team that's put out to go and win games, someone who plays their strongest team, someone who doesn't publicly ridicule his players, someone who can address problems with players rather than dropping them and lying about injuries, someone more astute with signings.

As I've previously mentioned we've no God given right to be in any position but the foundations of a good team where there. A good manger would progressed us. Watching week in week out I'd say we've went backwards.

To get us into playoff position in his first season a great achievement for Brian Reid. And this player rebellion you keep punting a load of c..p. try being positive for a change ,team shaping up to be every bit as good as last year, with no thanks from all the negative moaners.

To get us into playoff position in his first season a great achievement for Brian Reid. And this player rebellion you keep punting a load of c..p. try being positive for a change ,team shaping up to be every bit as good as last year, with no thanks from all the negative moaners.

How much of that is down to Willie Gibson's return?

Archived