Ayr United v "Blu" Stranraer

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a few years of a much bigger club in Ayr Utd being in our shadows they seemed to be enjoying their "good season" where they were about to finish well above us according to Ayr fans. All this talk about Stranraer returning to their "rightful place" was rife. BUT oh what's happened to the BIG club now?????? Even in their good season they might struggle to finish above us in a year where we have struggled for such a long time. Perhaps its Ayr Utd who about to return to their rightful place in recent years - below us in the table!!!!   

After a few years of a much bigger club in Ayr Utd being in our shadows they seemed to be enjoying their "good season" where they were about to finish well above us according to Ayr fans. All this talk about Stranraer returning to their "rightful place" was rife. BUT oh what's happened to the BIG club now?????? Even in their good season they might struggle to finish above us in a year where we have struggled for such a long time. Perhaps its Ayr Utd who about to return to their rightful place in recent years - below us in the table!!!!   

LOL

With the back four we are going to put out well be lucky to get a point.

Fleming

Crawford

Murphy

Graham

Donald

Trouten

Adams

Docherty

Gilmour

Stevenson

Moore

Adams and Docherty will need to have huge performances to get something out of this.

Just remember Stinlar are on a roll and unless we are playing a struggling side Stevo is anonymous. He is not the player we remember, he is not fit enough to play midfield and will offer nothing up front unless one of a couple of 30 yarders actually hits the target. We all know this and need to admit it

Just remember Stinlar are on a roll and unless we are playing a struggling side Stevo is anonymous. He is not the player we remember, he is not fit enough to play midfield and will offer nothing up front unless one of a couple of 30 yarders actually hits the target. We all know this and need to admit it

He has a better than one in two goals record so far, if he doesn't score he's generally anonymous but you can't really argue with his goals scored so far. Preston on a pretty bad dry spell too.

He is only two goals behind Preston, four behind Moore and our third top scorer which is pretty ridiculous.

Kris Boyd and Jordan Rhodes not good enough because all they did was score goals. It's a real blind spot. Agree Stevenson shouldn't be in midfield though. He should be up front with Forrest and Moore. He's a big lump of a boy Stevenson and could cause problems especially with Moore and Forrest buzzing about.

Ross Docherty is also suspended for this game.

With the back four we are going to put out well be lucky to get a point.

Fleming

Crawford
Murphy
Graham
Donald

Trouten
Adams
Docherty
Gilmour

Stevenson
Moore

Adams and Docherty will need to have huge performances to get something out of this.

Docherty is suspended, Gilmour and Murphy potentially out injured.

McCall's team selections of late have been poor, IMO, particularly away from home where he has gone from over-cautious to over-ambitious. Even though Forfar have struggled of late, to start with Trouten, Forrest, Stevenson, Moore and Preston away from home was foolhardy. 

It seems to me instead of picking his best team with players in their best positions, he over-analyses the match and the opposition and too often he is making the wrong choice. 

With Devlin and Boyle out on Saturday, it is difficult to know what he'll do. Muir was given a torrid time by McGuigan at Stair Park so I wouldn't expect him to play, while Graham will probably be required at centre-back if McCrorie and Murphy are out.

Ross Docherty is also suspended for this game.

Docherty is suspended, Gilmour and Murphy potentially out injured.

McCall's team selections of late have been poor, IMO, particularly away from home where he has gone from over-cautious to over-ambitious. Even though Forfar have struggled of late, to start with Trouten, Forrest, Stevenson, Moore and Preston away from home was foolhardy.

It seems to me instead of picking his best team with players in their best positions, he over-analyses the match and the opposition and too often he is making the wrong choice.

With Devlin and Boyle out on Saturday, it is difficult to know what he'll do. Muir was given a torrid time by McGuigan at Stair Park so I wouldn't expect him to play, while Graham will probably be required at centre-back if McCrorie and Murphy are out.

Can't see us getting anything with Docherty out then. If Gilmour is out too it could be a hammering as that would only leave Adams as having anything about him defensively.

Stranraer are going to have a field day out wide, no one we can play in there is remotely good enough. Particularly if we have Forrest and Trouten in front of the full backs. If Stevo is in the middle we might as well not turn up

Can't see us getting anything with Docherty out then. If Gilmour is out too it could be a hammering as that would only leave Adams as having anything about him defensively.

Stranraer are going to have a field day out wide, no one we can play in there is remotely good enough. Particularly if we have Forrest and Trouten in front of the full backs. If Stevo is in the middle we might as well not turn up

Your username isn't very apt.

After a few years of a much bigger club in Ayr Utd being in our shadows they seemed to be enjoying their "good season" where they were about to finish well above us according to Ayr fans. All this talk about Stranraer returning to their "rightful place" was rife. BUT oh what's happened to the BIG club now?????? Even in their good season they might struggle to finish above us in a year where we have struggled for such a long time. Perhaps its Ayr Utd who about to return to their rightful place in recent years - below us in the table!!!!

post-9168-14587587516619_thumb.jpg

One that could go either way. We look more steady at the back bar performances again Peterhead and Dunfermline.

Not scoring as freely as last season but, have players all over the park who can chip in with a goal.

Winning our two would be a massive step towards a play-off place.

What's the story at Ayr? Is it bad luck the injuries or just lack of form?

One that could go either way. We look more steady at the back bar performances again Peterhead and Dunfermline.

Not scoring as freely as last season but, have players all over the park who can chip in with a goal.

Winning our two would be a massive step towards a play-off place.

What's the story at Ayr? Is it bad luck the injuries or just lack of form?

Both but also McCall has lost it.

Stranraers record since the turn of the year has been excellent, with the exception of their games against Dunfermline and Peterhead. But I also think credit goes to them for that, they took two heavy defeats and it didn't have an effect on them, which says a lot about their belief and mentality.

I think Reid is a good manager at this level and he's showing it now at Stranraer. I think we will struggle tomorrow, not only do we have a lot of players out, but we just don't seem to be playing as well as we were before December.

We are all but in the play offs and with all due respect, at Forfar we looked like a team with nothing to play for. Our form of late is worrying but any calls for McCall to get the sack are absolutely ludicrous (and surprising).

I'll say Stranraer 2-0. But we seriously seriously need to pick up a bit of form going into the last games of the season and then (hopefully/surely) into the play offs.

Stranraers record since the turn of the year has been excellent, with the exception of their games against Dunfermline and Peterhead. But I also think credit goes to them for that, they took two heavy defeats and it didn't have an effect on them, which says a lot about their belief and mentality.

I think Reid is a good manager at this level and he's showing it now at Stranraer. I think we will struggle tomorrow, not only do we have a lot of players out, but we just don't seem to be playing as well as we were before December.

We are all but in the play offs and with all due respect, at Forfar we looked like a team with nothing to play for. Our form of late is worrying but any calls for McCall to get the sack are absolutely ludicrous (and surprising).

I'll say Stranraer 2-0. But we seriously seriously need to pick up a bit of form going into the last games of the season and then (hopefully/surely) into the play offs.

I haven't seen anyone calling for McCall to get the sack, where have you seen this?

Both but also McCall has lost it.

Injuries and lack of depth did for youse. Bit harsh to be on McCall's case. The playoffs are still on. It was a big punt to get a 'marquee' player like Stevenson but he could still make a difference.

Archived