Cup Final of the Day

Grim O'Grady

Sunday 20th March

Spartans versus East Kilbride

Venue: Albyn Park, Broxburn

Football Nation East of Scotland Qualifying Cup Final

Kick Off 3.30pm

Two top teams looking for their chance to put silverware back in their respective cabinets.

Hard one to predict as both teams are used to playing a fast slick game on the 3G Astro.

I've never been to the Broxburn ground so no idea what the pitch is like or the facilities?

I am looking forward to a smashing game & hopefully some of the same weather as yesterday.

Talking of yesterday, I went down to St Marks & I'm praying that we don't get the same result as our EoS team did, that said, it wasn't the drubbing the score line suggests. It was a much closer match but with 3 superb strikes from Craigy out of about 4 chances. Good luck to Colin's team & I hope you recover soon.

I feel quietly confident of our chances today. Having watched us cope with a lot of changes, we are playing some superbly entertaining football.

I'm going to predict a 2-0 Spartans win, Horribine & Murray to score. Or possibly Beesley. Yeah scratch that it'll be 3-0. That said Grinchy & Greenhill are due a goal apiece, shite this is going to be a walk-over. 😎

Good luck to both teams

Grimbo

Albyn Park has got reasonable facilities Grimbo,large covered terrace,plenty of car park in streets adjacent to Greendykes Road and Broxburn's main street is only a 5 minute walk down the road where's there's plenty of pubs,bookies,eateries etc.Enjoy your day.

Tricky one to predict- pens aet perhaps?

EK and Spartans have met 8 times previous and 5 have been drawn. A 1-0 win apiece with the exception being Spartans 5-1 replay win in the Scottish last season.

It could well be a tight one :)

been a bad day for you grimbo

Aye Conan, I'm glad EKTV filmed it too, then having to listen to the end of the Coty game on the drive back.

Early night for me, can't wait until next weekend.

Grimbo

I predicted a tight one with penalties....

this is why I don't bet on football! What's Rab's excuse then...?!

I've no get one either Tam ... it's also a good job I don't bet !

Still can't quite believe the turnaround. Spartans were well on top and I think it was Murray who hit the post at 1-0 with a great chance. EK equalised, 2 headed goals and a wonder strike later the cup was theirs.

On a slightly different tangent...what's Samuels record like for trophy wins over the years...at a rough guess I'd say he's been manager for around 5 years ??

Archived