St Mirren v Raith Rovers 22/3/16

Ditto not getting too far ahead as we only have two home games out of the 7 left ,Rangers and Falkirk with 5 away games and we,ve only won 3 away games so far this season 

Three days ago you doubted our ability to make the play-offs and now you think we can get promotion.

Make your mind up.

You can't play us in the playoffs! 4 away wins and 2 were via us!  :lol:

You've  certainly owned us this year!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not strange, just pointing out how close the teams are.

Fine margins and all that.

Another of your fans just mentioned that you've beaten Morton 3 times, each with last minute winners.

My point was that we have been awful for most of this season, yet the team that is suddenly romping in to 4th is only narrowly better than the 3 teams they are now leaving in their wake.

Looking at it from a Saints perspective, it fills me with a little hope that we don't need to improve too much next season to be looking higher up the table.

It was more your "if we reverse the results between the teams blah blah.." statement. You could do that with anyone above you in a table and get positive results. 4th place in a table is never going to be miles ahead; a team at top of table has much more chance to be a good bit better than opposition than teams 4th-7th say.

Yes we win by 1 goal almost all the time against our main rivals but the point is we win almost all the time!

It was more your "if we reverse the results between the teams blah blah.." statement. You could do that with anyone above you in a table and get positive results. 4th place in a table is never going to be miles ahead; a team at top of table has much more chance to be a good bit better than opposition than teams 4th-7th say.

Yes we win by 1 goal almost all the time against our main rivals but the point is we win almost all the time!

Brian-Fantana-60-of-the-time-it-works-ev

I don't think anyone's slating Raith here. They are easily the 4th best team in the league, the results show that. This league is about fine margins, they have beaten us 3 times by 1 goal and numerous other teams but that shows great mental strength.

Teams normally win games in this division by either a defensive howler or a screamer of a goal. Raith didn't give us 2 daft goals last night.

Would be brilliant if Raith got promoted, given the amount of praise Hibs and Falkirk have been getting this season.

Ditto not getting too far ahead as we only have two home games out of the 7 left ,Rangers and Falkirk with 5 away games and we,ve only won 3 away games so far this season 

Three days ago you doubted our ability to make the play-offs and now you think we can get promotion.

Make your mind up.

Where in my post did I say I doubted our ability to make play offs?We have won a difficult away game since and moved 11 points clear of our nearest rivals and if you actually read my last post I said if we reach the play offs and can field our strongest team I think we're capable

Read posts before you respond

Where in my post did I say I doubted our ability to make play offs?We have won a difficult away game since and moved 11 points clear of our nearest rivals and if you actually read my last post I said if we reach the play offs and can field our strongest team I think we're capable

Read posts before you respond

The quote below in italics implies that you doubted our chances of making the play-offs. If you can't see that you've contradicted yourself then you're dimmer than I thought, JR. There's also the point that every time someone picks you up for something you always come back like a woman to try and have the last word. One of these days you'll post an  :oops and apologise. Scrub that last bit, it'll never happen.

We only have two home games out of the 7 left ,Rangers and Falkirk with 5 away games and we,ve only won 3 away games so far this season.

I don't think anyone's slating Raith here. They are easily the 4th best team in the league, the results show that. This league is about fine margins, they have beaten us 3 times by 1 goal and numerous other teams but that shows great mental strength.

Teams normally win games in this division by either a defensive howler or a screamer of a goal. Raith didn't give us 2 daft goals last night.

Would be brilliant if Raith got promoted, given the amount of praise Hibs and Falkirk have been getting this season.

Were they "up and at em" as usual?

If you think I implied that your dimmer than I thought so no apology required or forth coming

See you fail to respond to my post where I said if we reach the play offs and can field our strongest team we're capable

F*ck me. 

You said, 'We only have two home games out of the 7 left ,Rangers and Falkirk with 5 away games and we,ve only won 3 away games so far this season'.

If you don't think that implies that we won't make the play-offs I feel really sorry for you. As to your second point, I'm not disputing that. It's the bit in italics above. 

F*ck me. 

You said, 'We only have two home games out of the 7 left ,Rangers and Falkirk with 5 away games and we,ve only won 3 away games so far this season'.

If you don't think that implies that we won't make the play-offs I feel really sorry for you. As to your second point, I'm not disputing that. It's the bit in italics above.

Geezo you had a bad day at work?

Keep your sorrow for yourself

Saying what?

That St.Murn were effectively robbed.. :lol: 2 shots on target, 2 goals. Yet the stats weren't much better for them to be honest.

Rovers deserved the win last night. Playing a bit like Leicester and using pace to our advantage, especially for the first goal. A brilliant counter. That's where we are most effective. We are pretty solid at the back as well.

Rae should know better but he lost the plot.

Farrell was doing what an assistant should do and be the mouthpiece from the bench to take the heat off the manager, however, up stepped the wee knob to put his tuppence worth in and got his tatties for his trouble.

We're 'romping in to 4th' as we are unbeaten against the 4 teams below us this season. No other reason. We went through December and January with 1 win in 12, yet we only slipped out of that 4th place for 3 days in that time. Regardless of the size of the results, we've obviously shown we're a bit more than 'narrowly better' than the '3 teams that we're leaving in our wake'.

Fitba team in 'only marginally better than teams right below them in the league' shocker.

It's a shock to your mate :D!

Archived