St Mirren v Raith Rovers 22/3/16

c

Monkey Tennis, on 22 Mar 2016 - 23:31, said:

Some run you guys have put together when there had been absolutely no sign of anyone outside the top three doing that all season.

It's difficult to see you possibly missing out on play-offs now.
At this rate, you'll be able to rest some players for them over the last few league fixtures.

Hope so, QoS should do the same.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's funny how many fans of other teams tell us how poor our team is. I wasn't there tonight, but Morton fans have said the same about our past three games (we've scored a 90th minute winner in each) and similarly Queens have said the same about our games so far. We've been very efficient as of late which is good to see.

Have we?

I missed that altogether.

In our first two games, taking one point from you seemed a bit harsh, especially given that by the second one in December, Raith fans were falling over themselves to say how poor your team was and that it couldn't score. It was therefore a bit galling that we scored an own goal for you. I don't remember many Rovers supporters pointing to your startling efficiency round about then either.

Since this run got underway though, there's not been much but praise from Queens fans. There's certainly evidence of that on this thread.

I don't really get why some fans need to be tools about it when things are going well.

It's funny how many fans of other teams tell us how poor our team is. I wasn't there tonight, but Morton fans have said the same about our past three games (we've scored a 90th minute winner in each) and similarly Queens have said the same about our games so far. We've been very efficient as of late which is good to see. 

Here's a point: we rested our top goalscorer.

Strange post. Ifs and buts. If it wasn't for the last minute equaliser we'd have beaten you 4 times.

So, y'know, clearly better

Not strange, just pointing out how close the teams are.

Fine margins and all that.

Another of your fans just mentioned that you've beaten Morton 3 times, each with last minute winners.

My point was that we have been awful for most of this season, yet the team that is suddenly romping in to 4th is only narrowly better than the 3 teams they are now leaving in their wake.

Looking at it from a Saints perspective, it fills me with a little hope that we don't need to improve too much next season to be looking higher  up the table.

A win at the weekend, or conceivably even a draw surely settles it, and while I don't think for a minute we can get promotion, it's a great marker for next season, especially with a fair whack of the squad signed up for next term.

I don't see any reason why we couldn,t get promotion if we reach the play offs.If we can field our strongest team I think we're capable

Pretty unlikely that we'd be strong enough to go all the way in the play offs if we do go on to secure 4th place but you never know. As Calderon say it's great to be just ending the season on a high.

In the highly unlikely event we were promoted the buzz would be incredible obviously, but the reward for it isn't that great to be honest. Losing most games next season, having to put up with the Old Firm, hideously long trips to Inverness and Dingwall. The only away games I'd probably look forward to with any great enthusiasm would be Tynecastle and Pittodrie. Compared to a league with Hibs, United and the Pars, that's just as enticing a prospect. I obviously want to see my club at the highest possible level but won't be too bothered when we fall short. Would love to knock out Hibs if we do get to the play off though. That would be some day out in Edinburgh

I don't see any reason why we couldn,t get promotion if we reach the play offs.If we can field our strongest team I think we're capable

I think the main reason is that although we've come on leaps and bounds since January, Falkirk, Hibs and let's say Kilmarnock are almost certainly better than us.

I'd love us to knock them all out the road to get promoted, but to expect us to come out on top over six games against them is pretty unlikely. But you never know.

It would be a right good caper if we could knock out one of them though.

We still need to qualify for them first, right enough.

Not strange, just pointing out how close the teams are.

Fine margins and all that.

Another of your fans just mentioned that you've beaten Morton 3 times, each with last minute winners.

My point was that we have been awful for most of this season, yet the team that is suddenly romping in to 4th is only narrowly better than the 3 teams they are now leaving in their wake.

Looking at it from a Saints perspective, it fills me with a little hope that we don't need to improve too much next season to be looking higher up the table.

We're 'romping in to 4th' as we are unbeaten against the 4 teams below us this season. No other reason. We went through December and January with 1 win in 12, yet we only slipped out of that 4th place for 3 days in that time. Regardless of the size of the results, we've obviously shown we're a bit more than 'narrowly better' than the '3 teams that we're leaving in our wake'.

Fitba team in 'only marginally better than teams right below them in the league' shocker.

Ditto not getting too far ahead as we only have two home games out of the 7 left ,Rangers and Falkirk with 5 away games and we,ve only won 3 away games so far this season 

Three days ago you doubted our ability to make the play-offs and now you think we can get promotion.

Make your mind up.

Archived