St Mirren v Raith Rovers 22/3/16

Some run you guys have put together when there had been absolutely no sign of anyone outside the top three doing that all season.

It's difficult to see you possibly missing out on play-offs now.

At this rate, you'll be able to rest some players for them over the last few league fixtures.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the first-half was okay. Not exactly thrilling, but certainly decent.

I was a bit worried about Cooper on the left-hand-side, and although I wasn't surprised he was the goal scorer, I was surprised when it came about.

At the point, I thought we were in control, but with that wee bit of encouragement and the withdrawal of Toshney, it was always going to be a toil in the second half.

Fair play to Rovers though, it was hardly a slabber-knocker, end-to-end slug fest, but it was as comfortable an uncomfortable half as you'll see. If that makes sense.

Harry struggled, but he's far better as a link man than a lone striker, and I felt a bit sorry for him.

That's now his last two starts where he's probably been in a position that's alien to him. I'd start him on Saturday with Stewart though.

A win at the weekend, or conceivably even a draw surely settles it, and while I don't think for a minute we can get promotion, it's a great marker for next season, especially with a fair whack of the squad signed up for next term.

That said, I'll happily be proved wrong, as usual, if Harry slots home the winner in the playoff final versus Killie. Scenes, etc.

Hud the bus, Harry misses Greenock due to his Caribbean Cup involvement. He must be gutted. Stewart and Thomas it is on Saturday.

Great win and superb three points. What a run we are on.

Was a hard game and St Mirren pushed us all the way. Louis Longridge near the end was hilarious, taking dogs abuse from the fans so gave a little back. The sight of that wee guy in the body warmer sprinting down the stairs twice to confront Longridge was hilarious, then later shouting 'I hope you die' at him. A shame Louis hadn't popped in a goal to achieve maximum seethe. Support was superb again, small in number but great backing for the team.

The last two wins have been huge. To have a 8-10 point gap at this stage is massive. This Raith team is doing weird things to me. It even has me looking forward to going to Greenock on Saturday

Toshney injured or just rested? Cracking player and it's good news for us if he can't play on Saturday.

I reckon it would probably have been just as a precaution to be honest. It doesn't matter anyway, Barr and Bene have been outstanding at the back to the point where Toshney's been forced to play in midfield the last 6 weeks.

Don't think we deserved to lose the game, but we did. Think we created a bit more chances but wasn't much in it.

Fair play to Raith, they're on a cracking run. Good luck to them in the play offs.

As for saints, the sooner this season ends the better. Hopefully a massive improvement next season with the play offs surely our aim.

Couldn't make the game tonight, but sounds like - as per the 4-3 and 2-1 defeats there wasn't much in it - but Raith managed to get over the line.

Given how generally crap we have been all season, to have lost by the narrowest margin three times to a team that looks as though they're comfortably going to get in to the play-offs shows just how poor the standard in this league is.

Reverse the head-to-heads and we're four points clear of Raith.

Surely if we can get a half decent defence in place, and start the season with a football manager, we should be able to turn around enough results like this?

Certainly have to be aiming for a promotion play off at the very very least next season.

Just back home from the game and buzzing about the result.

Good seeing Longridge and Barr perform very well again tonight after their performance at the weekend. Harry seemed isolated at times, especially when all the balls were aerial, however thought he looked lively enough, would like to see him and Hardie play together after they get back from international duty as Hardie gives us a bigger aerial threat and would be able to link well with Harry.

St Mirren did give us a good game like always this season but good to see the boys grinding out the win.

Unusual to be feeling this positive about the season at this late stage.

It's funny how many fans of other teams tell us how poor our team is. I wasn't there tonight, but Morton fans have said the same about our past three games (we've scored a 90th minute winner in each) and similarly Queens have said the same about our games so far. We've been very efficient as of late which is good to see. 

Couldn't make the game tonight, but sounds like - as per the 4-3 and 2-1 defeats there wasn't much in it - but Raith managed to get over the line.

Given how generally crap we have been all season, to have lost by the narrowest margin three times to a team that looks as though they're comfortably going to get in to the play-offs shows just how poor the standard in this league is.

Reverse the head-to-heads and we're four points clear of Raith.

Surely if we can get a half decent defence in place, and start the season with a football manager, we should be able to turn around enough results like this?

Certainly have to be aiming for a promotion play off at the very very least next season.

Strange post. Ifs and buts. If it wasn't for the last minute equaliser we'd have beaten you 4 times.

So, y'know, clearly better

Archived