St Mirren v Raith Rovers 22/3/16

Is there parking at the stadium tonight for away support?

Street parking best bet, go for McFarlane St. 10 minute walk to the ground and its easy to get back on the motorway afterwards.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit concerned that Hardie's absence has a knock-on affect on Mark Stewart.

Stewart's starts-to-goals ratio is actually okay now, 21 league goals in 51 starts apparently, but his productivity seems that much better alongside Hardie, a bit like Vaughan last season.

That said, his confidence must be pretty high at the moment, so hopefully he'll keep that run going.

Other than that, I'm not sure what other changes McKinnon will make. Connolly might come back in, or Craigen I suppose, but he might go as we did in Saturday, considering it's a difficult away game against a side in decent form.

It's incredible that Alex Rae has more home league wins than his last three predecessors combined. (I think.)

Presumably that means less booing?

Always looking at the negative side of things eh? We were hardly defending the whole game on Saturday.. We could have easily took one or two of our several second half chances and won more convincingly.

Davo is a CM as well as a CB.. McKinnon clearly likes playing Toshney at CM nowadays as he has done the last 5 or 6 weeks now.

Calm down, dear. It was a light-hearted comment. I was pleased with how we played on Saturday. My point was that we'd all be happy with a 0-0 tonight. Off that high horse now, eh?

One of the things about the last game in Kirkcaldy was how awful Rovers were from middle to back. Part of that issue was in Toshney's positioning, which McKinnon seems to have fixed in later games, and he's been decent in that midfield position so hoping that continues. Other than that though, considerably more composure is necessary, watching Clarkson skip past a half dozen half hearted school boy tackles before slotting home was not a lot of fun from the South stand.

With that in mind, I think he might play quite compact again, though obviously Hardie gives us an edge on the counter that we won't have tonight. Still, he was able to rest Connolly and Panayiotou on saturday and I imagine the latter at least will start (I think if he wants to stay compact then you only play one advanced winger, and Longridge was good enough on saturday to keep that slot). Harry might not have scored goals for us yet, but he's a good outball, with a great first touch, and if he drops deep that'll still allow Stewart to play on the shoulder where he's happiest.

I'd imagine Connolly will start this one. Against Hibs we stifled them outside the box and Connolly wouldn't have offered the most physical presence. Against saints he can come in fresh and have a go. Similarly, Harry hasn't been starting so much, but I'd like to see him start this one.

Is there parking at the stadium tonight for away support?

I parked at Murray Street the last game, just outside someone's house, was like a wee cottage. But might have just been lucky to get that close to the ground.

I'm not going tonight, but I think it'll be tight, score draw, 1-1.

Cuthbert

Thomson Barr Bene McKeown

Connelly Callaghan Toshney Longbridge

Harry P. Stewart

Archived